Thread: SSRI's

victorstim is offline New Member

SSRI's

When I was 25 yrs old I experimented with steroids two times. My cycles were only 8 weeks apart. I was on Prozac before and during that time for depression and anxiety. After the steroid cycles the Prozac no longer worked. I tried every SSRI. Nothing has worked since. It seems any reuptake inhibitor doesn’t work like before including norepinephrin and dopamine reuptake inhibitors. I didn’t recover properly after the steroids like I should have by stimulating my pituitary gland so my gland wasn’t working right for the last 7 years after I used the steroids, after many years of feeling anxious and depressed, I realized something was wrong from the steroids, my doctor tested me for every hormone along with vitamin levels and many other things, after HCG therapy we got my hormones back to normal, all the vitamins and everything in my blood. After this I went to an endocrinologist. He checked my blood for everything. He said everything was ok. The inhibitors still don’t work. Well if I take very small amounts I can feel them a little but if I take a normal dose for example 10 milligrams or more of Prozac, it drives me crazy. It will give me the same side effects as it did when it worked including insomnia, no erection, and others, but without the benefits. Instead it makes me very anxious. I can take very small amounts of wellbutrin and it seems to work a little, maybe 75 milligrams of the sustained release every day. I can take something like adderall and it works great because it’s not an inhibitor. I also have neck pain and other muscle pain throughout my joints, for example my ankles if I run. If I take kelp supplements every day for iodine I don’t hurt, I’m now 33. Please help me with this, thank you.

FuzzyPeaches o.O is offline Senior Member
    I'm not entirely clear on what you are asking for? Are you asking if we know of any selective serotonin reup inhibs that work for a person with circumstances like yours?

No, sorry, I'm asking if anyone has any ideas why the SSRI's dont work now, maybe the receptors were damaged? Maybe it's possible to fix this problem so that they work like they used to?

smalltime7 is offline Member
    SSRI's have a tendency to stop working as well over a long period of time I personally have been on them for 12 years and have never seen changed do to AAS but as I said prolonged use will decrease the effect of an SSRI I personally take lexapro at 10 mg/day and it works fine but as with any other SSRI it has a certain amount of side effects like anxiousness,odd sexual functions,and sleep issues. but these items have been the same on or off cycle.

olderfella is offline Associate Member
    Why does your doc have to use an ssri my doctor gives me amitryptolene which is an tricyclic antidepressant which works for my anxiety its worth asking your doc

Hey thanks, you caught my interest, I'll have to read up on that anti depresant, I know the ssri's will stop working over time but none of them will work now

Thread Information