True_Lou is offline New Member

What to expect after cycle

I am just starting week 6 of my first Test-C cycle @ 400mg a week. It seems like it's been kicking hard the past 2 weeks and I'm really liking it; the gains in strength and overall feeling of power in the gym is almost overwhelming. I'm looking forward to the following 4 weeks and the results I'll have in strength and size.

With that said, I am worried about post-cycle when this 10 week run ends. I do have Clomid on hand to combat an physiological side-effects such as gynecomastia , but I am more concerned about the psychological effects I'll experience once off. My weight numbers have been going up consistently from the start; will I drop dramatically in weight lifted or will I at least be able to stay with the same numbers? Will there be a significant drop in intensity while in the gym? Finally, will I lose all the gains in physique or will I at least be able to keep a percentage?

I just want to hear people's story about their first cycle and what they experienced while coming off. What can I do to combat some of these concerns and maintain my intensity, strength, and gains in body mass? Thanks for the help.
    Last edited by True_Lou; 09-13-2010 at 06:16 PM.

bigp87 is offline Junior Member
    It all really comes down to your PCT, Diet and training.

From experience you will lose a couple of kg's due to water weight, but if you increase your calorie intake by upping protein and continue training at the same intensity you SHOULD be able to keep a majority of your gains.

Correct me if im wrong.

I'm going to parrot what BIG's said about PCT and keeping gains. Your body's ability to keep gains is dependent on what it can maintain naturally. If you can naturally maintain a 200lb 10% bf body with diet and exercise then that's where you'll be after the cycle. If you diet's off and your body can only maintain 190lbs with 15% bf, then that's where you'll end up. I gained 25lbs on my first cycle and kept about 10lbs 6 months after PCT. But that's 10lbs of muscles I haven't had before.

Blog Entries
    the key to keeping your gains post cycle is through a good pct protocol...the whole idea of pct is to use compounds such as nolva and clomid to help restart your already supressed endocrin system...the quicker you get your natty test flowing again the better your chances of keeping your gains....it is inevitable however that you will loose a percntage of your gains in size and strength while this happening, how much is different from person to person cus we are all different and some recover more quickly than others....so my point is that all you can do for yourself when the cycle is over is to do a proper pct and as stated above to up your food intake to support the gains you have made and keep training even though you may feel a bit off or depressed after cycle,just muscle through it and remember its ok to back off a bit on the weight you use so you dont injure yourself...goodluck bro...

frawnz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    How does that work if you are already on TRT and don't have to do PCT after increasing your injections to cycle levels and then returning back to your normal TRT doses?

Blog Entries
    theoreticly you shouldent have to worry about loosing your gains unless your diet is lacking cus you should have enough test in your system to stay in an anabolic state...

dirtybrd is offline Associate Member
    You need to realize that you're NOT gonna keep all the weight, size, and strength that you gained. So you mentally prepare to not mind F' yourself. When you come off, you'll be a little lethargic, and depressed. This is compounded by weighing yourself and seeing the numbers dropping. You just have to shake it off, slowly lower your calories a little, but up your protein intake. I've always lost about half of what I gain (mostly water)keeping most of the strength and my weight will always go back up by about 5lbs after a few weeks. The mind is so powerful! How many of us have looked in the mirror one day and look extra swole, the next we look like we lost 10lbs, but nothing actually changes other then your mindset.

boyka is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ScotchGuard02 View Post
    I'm going to parrot what BIG's said about PCT and keeping gains. Your body's ability to keep gains is dependent on what it can maintain naturally. If you can naturally maintain a 200lb 10% bf body with diet and exercise then that's where you'll be after the cycle. If you diet's off and your body can only maintain 190lbs with 15% bf, then that's where you'll end up. I gained 25lbs on my first cycle and kept about 10lbs 6 months after PCT. But that's 10lbs of muscles I haven't had before.
    Here is the truth.
    So you can see that starting steroids before hitting your natural maximum is not such a bad idea. I want this to be true, and i hope it is

Callsign is offline Associate Member
    I personally liked the way i looked after pct better. I gained about 20lbs & after pct I kept about 15 so far, but I like not carrying the Extra water weight.. Besides by the time you get done with pct, it almost time to cycle again anyway

themoreyouknow is offline Associate Member
    Everyone is different. My first week of pct I still felt amazing, and then the last three weeks is when i started getting more tired, lack of libido but it eventually comes back.

Thread Information