Gamer is offline New Member

Pinning a nerve?

this has happened twice in the last month, i use a 1.5" 23g into my delt and it twitches like i electrocuted it, now its happened in a quad. is that a nerve? or am i going in to fast or something. i know im not going to die just wondering.

FuzzyPeaches o.O is offline Senior Member
    Personally I would not go deeper than 1" in either of those muscles.

So this thing that is happening is it like your muscle is contracting really rapidly?

Dumbass is offline New Member
    I believe you just strafe a nerve. It's completely normal and not at all dangerous.

As i was advanceing the needle the whole front of my delt flexed and unflexed a number of times quickly. same with the quad. Im pretty lean too about 7% bf i may switch to 1" needles. oh an i already use a 1 in the delt i would hit bone with a 1.5 im not quite as wide as some of you guys.

Sector is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamer View Post
    As i was advanceing the needle the whole front of my delt flexed and unflexed a number of times quickly. same with the quad. Im pretty lean too about 7% bf i may switch to 1" needles. oh an i already use a 1 in the delt i would hit bone with a 1.5 im not quite as wide as some of you guys.
    You sure your not just nervous? My first injection hurt like a bitch because I kept flexing my delt on accident.

Bertuzzi is offline AR's Common Sense Ninja
    Yes, its a nerve... it happened to me twice and I have seen it happen to a friend of mine when I was pinning him. Don't worry.... if it doesn't hurt the next day, you're fine.

im pretty calm about it. i have quite a few pins under my belt between AAS and B 12 injections.

needle is offline Senior Member
    Stay from the 1.5 bro. Especially if your 7 %. How tall and how much do you way?

200gamblr is offline Junior Member
    23g, 1.5"/7% BF is to long for a delt injection - use that in your @ss where you have more room to take it in. IMO a 25g would be fine for a delt injection but then again I'm to chicken to do anything but my glutes.

Thread Information