westcoastriot is offline New Member

Anavar Log. 1st Cycle

Just thought that since I gleaned so much information from this website, that I would give a little bit back. So here we have it...

This is my first cycle ever so any comments or suggestions will be taken seriously and Im open to your ideas here. Im also running this cycle as a bit of an experiment to gauge whether or not the gains are any better on or off Anavar .

Firstly...

Stats-

BPM: 71 (at rest)
    Blood Pressure: 139/79
    Height: 6'1"
    Weight: 212 lbs
    BF%: 26.8%
    Cycle Exp: Nil
    PCT Knowledge: Nil
    Training Exp: 3 years of gym. On and off
    Diet: This is my average day of eating while Im active in the gym and at work. But I work night shift and I work out of town in isolated work camps so variations will occur depending on changes to my sleeping cycles as well as food supplies. I also realize I need to add a lot of water to my daily intake.

Breakfast is as follows. (Eaten between 730am/pm and 10am/pm)
    2cups porridge
    1cup bluberries
    2tsp brown sugar
    1/2 mellon, honey dew/cantelope
    2 cups pineapple
    1 black tea

Lunch usually consists of; (12am/pm-4am/pm)
    2 turkey sandwiches,
    Remaining fruit,
    Some sort of solid cooked protien ie chicken breast, or dinner leftovers
    Cheese and crackers,
    Two large cookies
    1 large coffee

Dinner (eaten after gym, 8am/pm-9am/pm)
    Large salad with ranch dressing (sparingly with dressing)
    Any meat that isn't deep fried, ie pork roast, chicken, steak, ribs, etc...
    Steamed veggies and butter
    Soup when available
    Slice of bread with butter,
    1 desert square
    1 bottle of water
    1 small bottle of Apple juice.

WORKOUT REGIME
    As far as my training goes, I am looking at cutting down on BF and overall weight, but at the same time maintain/increase my strength. I have access to a decent gym out in camp.

My workout consists of:
    2.0mile run (3.5km)
    followed by...
    40 mins of cables/free weights

This is done after my 12hour shift before my last meal of the day. Sometimes if I have the energy, I'll get up early and go for a second 2 mile run before my first meal of the day.

This is what Im thinking for my cycle. Im not sure if I should split up my doses or not, or if AM is better than PM, or if I should take my anavar before or after a meal but hopefully I'll find a posting on here that'll help. If not, I might just change it up and see what works best for me. Until I find any information to the contrary, Im going to take the full dose with my vitamins just before I eat my breakfast.

CYCLE
    Week 1 - 30mg Anavar (AM)
    Week 2 - 40mg Anavar (AM)
    Week 3 - 50mg Anavar (AM)
    Week 4 - 50mg Anavar (AM)
    Week 5 - 50mg Anavar (AM)
    Week 6 - 60mg Anavar (AM)
    Week 7 - 70mg Anavar (AM)
    Week 8 - 80mg Anavar (AM)

I am wanting to keep my routine as basic and as simple as possible so I can accurately gauge the effects of my Anavar. I have gone for blood work, but Im back in camp and don't have the information with me at this time. I will post it when I get the chance. Also, I'll be posting some before pics if I can track down a camera to use. (My phone is outta commission right now) I'll also try to keep an accurate assessment of strength gains each week if I have time. I might just pick one or two exercises and show my gains to keep it simple.

This log is as much for me, as it is for all of you. I hope we can all gain something from this. And if anyone has any advice on what to include with my log, just let me know and I'll try to add it in.

Here we go!

Ok. I just came across some new information last night on some of the impacts that this oral can have on my liver, so I've decided to postpone my start until I have some sort of liver support to take with my dosing. Unfortunately, they don't supply liver juice in camp so its going to be a few weeks before I begin. Im going to continue with the diet and gym and hopefully continue to make some gains in the meantime. I'll post new stats with pics before I begin. If anyone has any input into my routine or cycle let me know. Also Im wondering if PCT products are legal in Canada. Up until yesterday I was under the impression that no PCT was needed with Anavar . Apparently I was mistaken. So Im going to continue on with my education here and put my bottles somewhere safe for now.

Reed is offline AR's Pitbull ~Vet~
    The diet is completely horrible for anyone trying to lose BF. You have far too much sugar and not enough protein, healthy fats or quality carbs. Head down to the diet section and begin to research. Good idea on holding off on cycle. You'd b best served to lose fat the OLE fashion way of proper nutrition and training. Get that diet fixed! Can't stress it enough.

Sector is offline Associate Member
    26% Body fat?

Id listen to Reed and hit up the diet section. AAS wont just melt fat off, bring the body fat down before you cycle.

Reed is offline AR's Pitbull ~Vet~
    Also wanted to add at your age and that blood pressure along with the body fat IMHO itd be best to STAY AWAY from steroids and begin to adapt a healthy lifestyle for a few years and get those into a healthy range. You got plenty of time on your hand. Be smart and take advantage of your youth and start making changes now. Diet and training need to b tweaked big time. A few years of healthy eating, training will do wonders and you may realize, depending on your overall goal, that you didn't need steroids

PistolStarta is offline Senior Member
    I dont know how anyone could eat that much breakfast and still manage probably only 20g of protein.

sandman1441 is offline Junior Member
    what a waste of money i would love anavar ,no fence but 26% is way to high to even start a cycle

powerws is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sector View Post
    26% Body fat?

Id listen to Reed and hit up the diet section. AAS wont just melt fat off, bring the body fat down before you cycle.
    Yes, drop to 15%Bf Or less before you cycle.

junior21804 is offline Banned
    anavar is the least toxic to your liver!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Reed View Post
    The diet is completely horrible for anyone trying to lose BF. You have far too much sugar and not enough protein, healthy fats or quality carbs. Head down to the diet section and begin to research. Good idea on holding off on cycle. You'd b best served to lose fat the OLE fashion way of proper nutrition and training. Get that diet fixed! Can't stress it enough.
    Thanks for your input here Reed. I have been doing a lot of research lately into my diet and I agree with you. My diet needs to be drastically changed. Im not sure how Im going to manage 5 - 6 meals a day because Im living in a work camp and Im out on location 12 hours a day. I've already cut out most of the fruit except a few apples a day. But I find that Im just not hungry enough to eat all day long. As for protein I have some Casien powder here with me. When would you suggest I be taking these potien shakes?

As for my exercise routine, I've begun to break up my cardio so that I do half my run before my weights as a warm up, then finish my workout with the other half of the run. (HIIT?)

And I am leaning towards not taking the Anavar until I have more results naturally.

For my BF% im going off of a digital scale to get my read. Im not sure how accurate these scales are, but Im hoping its off a little bit because 26% seems a little high to me, but its a place to start.

Im still a little rough on using everyone's quotes here, but Im going to try and respond to everyone in turn. Keep the advice coming guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Reed View Post
    Also wanted to add at your age and that blood pressure along with the body fat IMHO itd be best to STAY AWAY from steroids and begin to adapt a healthy lifestyle for a few years and get those into a healthy range. You got plenty of time on your hand. Be smart and take advantage of your youth and start making changes now. Diet and training need to b tweaked big time. A few years of healthy eating, training will do wonders and you may realize, depending on your overall goal, that you didn't need steroids
    Again, excellent advice. Patience just isn't my strong point right now. Im thinking I really need to get some pics up here stat so you guys will have a better idea of my overall fitness. Do you think pre or post workout pics would be better?

I thought my blood pressure was fairly normal? Maybe I wrote it down wrong cause I was going off of memory, which has failed me before, but at the time I compared my numbers to those on the computer and nothing seemed out of place. I have been forced to consume a lot of sodium lately due to the fact that our chefs all chain smoke and cant taste the food anymore, but would that account for the increase in blood pressure? Hows a guy to bring it down?

My lifestyle besides working night shift is pretty healthy. I don't drink much, and when I do its a whiskey mixed with whiskey. I don't smoke and only toke on rare occasions. I don't eat fast foods, or junk food and Im exercising like 7 days a week! laugh. Besides learning about proper dieting, and getting my permanent posting to day shift, I don't know what else I can do for my health. I take vitamins, minerals, and my essential Omegas twice a day before meals, and try to get at least 6 hours of sleep inbetween my PM workout and AM workout.

Any suggestions? I've got some 35lbs dumbells here with me too so I could probably get a mid shift routine going to, but sometimes it just isn't possible. I don't think the bosses want to watch me lifting weights while on the clock if you know what I mean.

Quote Originally Posted by PistolStarta View Post
    I dont know how anyone could eat that much breakfast and still manage probably only 20g of protein.
    Hahaha! I know, I know! Im starting to eat 3 whole eggs with my oatmeal now and cutting back on the fruit.

Breakfast will now consist of:
    1 cup porridge
    1 cup blueberries
    3 whole eggs
    1 large black T.

In my first post I did have in brackets that I ate this over the course of 2 hours, but its still a lot of carbs. As for my other meals, they're a work in progress. Im kinda at the mercy of the cooks out here in camp, and Im trying to figure out how many grams of meat = g/protien. Anyone know any good charts that could help a guy out with the conversions? I've been hunting through the diet section, but there is a lot on sifting needed to get to the goodies there. I'll keep working through all the posts though and hopefully find what I need.

Thanks for the posting though Pistol. Anything at all is appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by sandman1441 View Post
    what a waste of money i would love anavar,no fence but 26% is way to high to even start a cycle
    Hey Sandman. I agree with you. But I was hoping that the Anavar would help with the cutting. I may be way out to lunch though. So Im going to follow all of your guys advice and hold off till I bring my BF down a bit more. Hell, I might not even open the bottles if I get the results Im after. I don't need any more size. Right now Im just looking at leaning down. Just don't know how to balance my routine right. Also Im blessed with a pretty high paying job, so money isn't an issue when dealing with my health. Its simply a matter of applied knowledge, which I seem to be lacking, at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by powerws View Post
    Yes, drop to 15%Bf Or less before you cycle.
    If Im at 15% id be happy to just maintain! Im willing to go to some extreme lengths right now because out here in the middle of nowhere I have nothing holding me back besides my daily work schedule. Im gonna get some pictures up in the next day or two so you guys can gauge if Im really 26% or not.

Thanks for the advice though. Keep it coming!

Quote Originally Posted by junior21804 View Post
    anavar is the least toxic to your liver!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Hey Junior. I heard the same thing, and have also read up as much info as I could about it too. I also read in the forums that some members lost as much as 98% of their testosterone production while using Anavar . Also because it is an orally taken pill a guy should really help the liver keep its composure and minimize any possible damage. Milk thistle's cheaper than I new liver. I was also told in the beginning that because it is such a mild steroid that no PCT is required after the cycle, but from what I've read, now Im not so sure. I'll probably go on some sort of PCT just to be on the safe side, but Im still researching it and have no idea what Im going to take and for how long. If you have any suggestions, let me know. Clomid from what I can gather isn't as detrimental to your health as Novalex. (spelling?) But everyone seems to say you should take them both at the same time. Do you know the reason behind this? I thought they both do the same thing, but again, Im probably wrong.

Thanks for the post.

theboss is offline Associate Member
    wow...get a diet before you use gear.

Took some pics this morning. I'll get them posted up once I have the time here at work. I've started to consume more proteins and Im hoping in a few days I'll be able to figure out what kind of diet to embrace. There is so much information out there on dieting that for a noobie, its kinda like looking for one particular grain of sand at the beach. Its easy to say 'get a diet' but its a lot harder to actually get one started and figure out what you need personally based on your chosen lifestyle, workout and routines. But Im determined to do this, and when I set my will against something, I always come out on top. (Even when it takes a lot longer than expected!)

Thanks for the interest, and the help guys.

Ok. Here we have some pictures. Like I said earlier my BF% is based off of a digital scale so Im not sure how accurate it is, and my buddies camera is grainy as f**k so excuse the quality. But this is what Im working with and hopefully I'll have my foods figured out in the next few days and be able to post that as well. (I should probably just move this whole damn post over to the 'Diet' section now, but it is what it is)

Whats your opinion on my BF%?
    Last edited by westcoastriot; 09-21-2010 at 04:35 AM.

BrolicBunzio56 is offline New Member
    Dude Blur out ur face in the pic

Thanks for the advice. Not sure how to do that, but I'll see if this old beast at work can handle a little photo shopping.

Managed to crop these photos. Rookie mistake.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Anavar Log.  1st Cycle-img00158-20100920-1746.jpg   Anavar Log.  1st Cycle-img00159-20100920-1747.jpg   Anavar Log.  1st Cycle-img00160-20100920-1748.jpg   Anavar Log.  1st Cycle-img00161-20100920-1749.jpg  

Thread Information