DocBman is offline New Member

Cramping on Test E

I seem to notice that I am cramping quite often. I am in week 11 of a Test E cycle, and have noticed on top of low back pumps I get cramps elsewhere.

For example, on arm day I can't sit with my arms at a 90 degree angle without extending them VERY slowly to prevent forearm/biceps cramps(charlie horse sensation)

I don't feel it's a vitamin of hydration deficiency since I drink around 2 gallons a day and supplement Multi, B-complex, Vit. E, Vit. D, Omegas, and Vit. C. I also get plenty of sodium through my diet. Perhaps potassium would benefit, but my multi vit. should suffice right?

Any ideas?? Any advice other than stretching which I already do?

The sensation only occurs when my joints are in the flexed position. When I extend them it seems as if my muscles can't extend as fast as my bones and creates a pulling/cramp sensation.

Any one else experience this?

big_ron is offline Anabolic Member
    what have been your gains so far?

MACHINE5150 is offline "AR's Vanilla Gorilla"
    I am similar on cycle.. my legs are very very tight, and cramp up quite easily.. makes it near impossible to play rugby. I noticed that Potassium helps a bit but not very much... I am curious to see what te lads have to say aboutthe science behind this..

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Taurine and potassium help, but you need to megadose them (~5g/day on taurine and IDK about the potassium).

MACHINE5150 is offline "AR's Vanilla Gorilla"
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonaparte View Post
    Taurine and potassium help, but you need to megadose them (~5g/day on taurine and IDK about the potassium).
    isn't Taurine the stuff thats the active ingrediaent in red bull and other energy drinks??? I thought that it was what keeps you awake..

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by MACHINE5150 View Post
    isn't Taurine the stuff thats the active ingrediaent in red bull and other energy drinks??? I thought that it was what keeps you awake..
    Red bull contains a negligible amount.
    It's just the dominant amino acid in the body (according to some recent studies).
    Even huge doses of Taurine only provide a mild stimulant/awake effect. It won't get you wired or anything, that's the caffeine in those drinks.

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by DocBman View Post
    I seem to notice that I am cramping quite often. I am in week 11 of a Test E cycle, and have noticed on top of low back pumps I get cramps elsewhere.

For example, on arm day I can't sit with my arms at a 90 degree angle without extending them VERY slowly to prevent forearm/biceps cramps(charlie horse sensation)

I don't feel it's a vitamin of hydration deficiency since I drink around 2 gallons a day and supplement Multi, B-complex, Vit. E, Vit. D, Omegas, and Vit. C. I also get plenty of sodium through my diet. Perhaps potassium would benefit, but my multi vit. should suffice right?

Any ideas?? Any advice other than stretching which I already do?
    Eat a couple bannanas each day and supplement with some taurine too.

Quote Originally Posted by big_ron View Post
    what have been your gains so far?
    I've gained roughly 25-30 lbs LBM. All lifts have increased by about 40-50 lbs.

Starting weight 212-215, now i'm sitting at 238-241 for fresh morning weight.

The cramps are very annoying!!! Last friday i had to keep my arms extended in between sets when I was working bi's. Other than that the strength and size gains are great, definitely notice bloating in my face and ankles....

Focused88 is offline Associate Member
    cAN someone pls tell me how to start my own thread?.....

Quote Originally Posted by Focused88 View Post
    cAN someone pls tell me how to start my own thread?.....
    Click on "New Thread" in the main menu of what ever discussion you wish to write in. It's at the top left...

Barbaros is offline New Member
    get more potassium and lower your carb intake

needmorestrength is offline Anabolic Member
    Try Magnesium, I take it daily and I found that cramping and twitching is near non existant now!

Bertuzzi is offline AR's Common Sense Ninja
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonaparte View Post
    ^^ This is the solution.... I took about 12 grams of Taurine each day while on cycle to help with the cramps 6 grams in the morning and 6 grams at night. Just add it straight to water.... I would add it to 700ml of water minimum or else you could sort of taste it.

Potassium, is hard to supplment as it usually comes in 50mg pills and you need to take 20 of those a day, so stick with Taurine it will do the trick. You can find the pure powder at most supplement stores

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    diet tonic water contains quinine which may help with cramping. when i'm on, i too get some cramping. I take all the macro minerals to prevent, and the diet tonic water, and stay properly hydrated. But I still feel the inclination to cramp.

Matt is offline AR's Hot British Pimp Daddy ~HOF~
    Blog Entries
    Increase your water intake, simple.....
    Do not ask me for a source check.

Bertuzzi is offline AR's Common Sense Ninja
    Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    Increase your water intake, simple.....
    That too... I guess we missed the obvious

Thread Information