JBarron is offline Member

Talked to father about steroids.

He recently found out I was using aas, he wasn't upset or anything. But like most uneducated individuals he was biased towards the use of steroids .

After I did some heavy explaining, he was more at ease with my decisions and goals.

He then jokingly remarked, "well testosterone injections don't sound to bad, give me a hit"

I then got on the topic of TRT and HRT and it somewhat intrigued him, he could probably pretty easily go into a doctors office and get on the therapy. I told him that would be the safest. He's 55 btw.

However, lets discuss trt and hrt for personal use (not doctor prescribed) how would one go about this?

Let me reiterate, I in no way plan on helping my dad use steroids . But the thought of it struck curiosity. As I think it would with any son.

Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by JBarron View Post
    He recently found out I was using aas, he wasn't upset or anything. But like most uneducated individuals he was biased towards the use of steroids .

After I did some heavy explaining, he was more at ease with my decisions and goals.

He then jokingly remarked, "well testosterone injections don't sound to bad, give me a hit"

I then got on the topic of TRT and HRT and it somewhat intrigued him, he could probably pretty easily go into a doctors office and get on the therapy. I told him that would be the safest. He's 55 btw.

However, lets discuss trt and hrt for personal use (not doctor prescribed) how would one go about this?

Let me reiterate, I in no way plan on helping my dad use steroids. But the thought of it struck curiosity. As I think it would with any son.
    Welcome to the club

I have to convince my old man not to run so much.....

His best bet would be to goto a trt doc and get monitored. If he wants to use black market test - he can. The doc really should be keeping an eye on him though. Sometimes you need to donate blood..... he should have his cholesterol and everything monitored.

good luck man! Congrats on the convo..... me and my dad are closer than ever LMAO!

~Haz~
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    Welcome to the club

I have to convince my old man not to run so much.....

His best bet would be to goto a trt doc and get monitored. If he wants to use black market test - he can. The doc really should be keeping an eye on him though. Sometimes you need to donate blood..... he should have his cholesterol and everything monitored.

good luck man! Congrats on the convo..... me and my dad are closer than ever LMAO!

~Haz~
    Haha thanks for the reply bro, yeah I would deff probably not let him start taking ugl stuff.

At his age having a doctor to monitor everything would be the only way to do it. I told him he would need to kick some nasty habits first, "drinking"

That's comical you have to convince your dad not to run so much, "Dad you gotta lay off the roids"

I actually talked to my mom about it first, who then told my dad. They were both pretty worried about my health, I have an uncle who used to take steroids back in the day and now has heart problems. But back then they weren't as safe about it, high dosages of Dbol only, no pct's.

But I explained things pretty well I think, they are both cool with it now. Feels good man.
    Last edited by JBarron; 09-21-2010 at 03:52 PM.

scotty51312 is offline Transformation Challenge Trainer
    Much respect for you bro,

I wished i'd known enough about TRT 10 years ago when my father would have bennefited from it before his health declined to the point its at now.

Haha thanks for the reply bro, yeah I would deff probably not let him start taking ugl stuff.

At his age having a doctor to monitor everything would be the only way to do it. I told him he would need to kick some nasty habits first, "drinking"

That's comical you have to convince your dad not to run so much, "Dad you gotta lay off the roids"

I actually talked to my mom about it first, who then told my dad. They were both pretty worried about my health, I have an uncle who used to take steroids back in the day and now has heart problems. But back then they weren't as safe about it, high dosages of Dbol only, no pct's.

But I explained things pretty well I think, they are both cool with it now. Feels good man.
    LOL yeah my pops got his hands on ym left over methyl tren and started taking it. It didn't agree with him tho..... too many stomach problems.

My dad is 48 and goes to a doc for TRT. He just increases his dosage of test and lowers it before he goes back to the doc. sometimes he throws in other things but I always try and keep him safe. I'd never forgive myself if something happened.....

He should have his test levels checked at the very least..... even if he doesn't go on trt. It'd be nice to know anyways.....

~Haz~

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

glover is offline Associate Member
    Don't think that pct makes using any safer because it doesn't. Just the opposite by introducing more chemicals with side effects. They have a use but decreasing safety is not it.

LOL yeah my pops got his hands on ym left over methyl tren and started taking it. It didn't agree with him tho..... too many stomach problems.

My dad is 48 and goes to a doc for TRT. He just increases his dosage of test and lowers it before he goes back to the doc. sometimes he throws in other things but I always try and keep him safe. I'd never forgive myself if something happened.....

He should have his test levels checked at the very least..... even if he doesn't go on trt. It'd be nice to know anyways.....

~Haz~
    LoL sounds almost like reversed roles. Son finds fathers steroids , decides to use them, runs into problems, father must explain and mentor lol.

My dad is one of them old timers, doesn't think he needs to go to the doctor for anything.

But I bet I could talk him into going to see a doctor and getting his levels checked.
    Last edited by JBarron; 09-21-2010 at 04:35 PM.

FuzzyPeaches o.O is offline Senior Member
    My old man is the same way. He will not go to the Doc even when he knows something is wrong, he basically has to be out of options before he goes to one. My old man just turned 60 and I would love for him to adopt a healthier lifestyle and I have often debated to myself having the TRT talk.

I just do not think he would go for it, especially if it was one where he would have to inject the test.

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    my old man is 72. has knee/leg problems and the related wasting that comes with it. told him about var. gave him some stuff to read. i even told him im on trt. he said "you?" why do YOU need test?. i said cuz i was low and it's probably a good idea.

does he listen to his kid? NO
    will he ever listen? NO

Am I surprised? NO

LoL sounds almost like reversed roles. Son finds fathers steroids , decides to use them, runs into problems, father must explain and mentor lol.

My dad is one of them old timers, doesn't think he needs to go to the doctor for anything.

But I bet I could talk him into going to see a doctor and getting his levels checked.
    Just a word to the wise......

Make his ass goto the doctor. Get your mom to be like a tick on his ass until he goes.....

My wifes father died of a massive heart attack at 54 years old. His health issues could have been prevented if he had gone to the doctor. He was a very private guy..... and he would rather have not known that something was wrong with him. He paid the ultimate price and now my wife, her brother, and her mother all live with the fact that they didn't make him go. Was it their responsibility? Nope..... but these are feelings you live with forever anyways.

If he still doesn't go then there's really nothing you can do.....

*I don't mean to be a downer here lol! Just throwing it out there*

~Haz~

- Knockout_Power

mediocre45 is offline Junior Member

Make his ass goto the doctor. Get your mom to be like a tick on his ass until he goes.....
    Mom's are the key. Although I don't think my dad ever got on...after my first cycle's PCT I had an emotional breakdown on a long drive home, called my mom, cried like a baby and told her the whole story and explained roids and HRT/TRT...the HRT part kind of gave her the "O RLY?" reaction. I think every old dude should be on roids. It makes them happier, generally healthier if they are smart, makes marriages last longer, etc.

Still clueless to this day what that breakdown was all about lol.

My wifes father died of a massive heart attack at 54 years old. His health issues could have been prevented if he had gone to the doctor. He was a very private guy..... and he would rather have not known that something was wrong with him. He paid the ultimate price and now my wife, her brother, and her mother all live with the fact that they didn't make him go. Was it their responsibility? Nope..... but these are feelings you live with forever anyways.

If he still doesn't go then there's really nothing you can do.....

*I don't mean to be a downer here lol! Just throwing it out there*

~Haz~
    Yeah they are divorced, but actually get along better now lol. But I'm sure he would go, lately he has been thinking about his health more and more.

Quote Originally Posted by mediocre45 View Post
    Mom's are the key. Although I don't think my dad ever got on...after my first cycle's PCT I had an emotional breakdown on a long drive home, called my mom, cried like a baby and told her the whole story and explained roids and HRT/TRT...the HRT part kind of gave her the "O RLY?" reaction. I think every old dude should be on roids. It makes them happier, generally healthier if they are smart, makes marriages last longer, etc.

Still clueless to this day what that breakdown was all about lol.
    Everybody's gotta let it out once in a while

I agree, I think he would be generally happier more eerrr "stoic" if he was on some sort of HRT, TRT.

AlphaMaleDawg is offline Senior Member
    I wouldn't tell my mom as she would flip out before I could even talk

Sector is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaMaleDawg View Post
    I wouldn't tell my mom as she would flip out before I could even talk
    Opposite for me. My dad would kick my ass before I had a chance to explain, my mom knows all about it. Dad use to be a hardcore wrestler and I am 100% sure AAS would be cheating to him. Ive hinted at TrT here and there for him but he wont hear it.

Thread Information