SomeLiveForTheBill is offline Associate Member

Question Please explain aspirating and pulling back

When self-injecting test in the glutes, please quickly break down these procedures once you've injected the needle.

What does it mean to aspirate and what does it mean to "pull back" to check for blood?

Thanks.

HawaiianPride. is offline AR's Think Tank
    In order to get the oil IM or Sub-Q, you''ll need to aspirate (which means pulling the needle back once injected) to check for blood. If blood seeps in the syringe, you are in a vein. Take the needle out, swap if you wish, and try another spot, rinse and repeat until you find an area with no blood.

Quote Originally Posted by SomeLiveForTheBill View Post
    When self-injecting test in the glutes, please quickly break down these procedures once you've injected the needle.

What does it mean to aspirate and what does it mean to "pull back" to check for blood?

Thanks.
    Petty sure they are the same thing.Yes just Googled it.Also not being funny but did you try the search funtion on this site I am sure there are more than one thread in this.

Quote Originally Posted by HawaiianPride. View Post
    In order to get the oil IM or Sub-Q, you''ll need to aspirate (which means pulling the needle back once injected) to check for blood. If blood seeps in the syringe, you are in a vein. Take the needle out, swap if you wish, and try another spot, rinse and repeat until you find an area with no blood.
    Ok, so I'm using a 1.5" needle. I inject fully, and now i am ready to aspirate . How far am I pulling the needle out to do so? Or are you talking about pulling with the syringe from the muscle? (ie the needle never moves once you've pinned)

MBMETC is offline Anabolic Member

Thanks.
    asirating is pulling back on the plunger and drawing air.tiny air bubble, no blood , it's all good. i've also heard that with intramuscular injection it is not neccecery to aspirate as muscle contains no air, so if you cant pull back on the plunger it safe to say your in the muscle and all is good.

HawaiianPride. is offline AR's Think Tank
    Ok, so I'm using a 1.5" needle. I inject fully, and now i am ready to aspirate. How far am I pulling the needle out to do so? Or are you talking about pulling with the syringe from the muscle? (ie the needle never moves once you've pinned)
    Yes inject the entire needle in the muscle. The needles stays in the entire time. Pull back the plunger roughly 5mm. No blood = your g2g.

Thanks

Walnutz is offline Member
    Pull back slightly. If you did hit a vein the blood will rush into the syringe.

Chenko is offline Junior Member
    Lets make this a bit more clear. Before you actually push your gear into the muscle you want to pull back the plunger and make sure you are not into a vein. Then you can inject the test into the muscle. If there is blood do not inject and re-pin and clean again and pick a new spot. Repeat and you should be good. Always re-pin do not use the same pin to inject.

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Look up "inject" in the dictionary, because you're using it to describe inserting the needle into the muscle.
    1) Insert needle
    2) aspirate (pull back a bit on plunger to check that you aren't in a vein)
    3) inject oil
    Last edited by Bonaparte; 10-06-2010 at 11:13 AM.

scotty51312 is offline Transformation Challenge Trainer
    also when you aspirate you may see a small bubble form in the top of the barrel next to the plunger, its caused by the vacuum that the oil is under its nothing to worry about

Far from massive is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by scotty51312 View Post
    also when you aspirate you may see a small bubble form in the top of the barrel next to the plunger, its caused by the vacuum that the oil is under its nothing to worry about
    Yes, this seems to be particularly true if you have heated your AAS as you should, when I first started pinning I never had a bubble form on the plunger end, since heating the substance to be injected it happens quite frequently. My assumption is that with the shot warm it is easier for it to reach the vaporization point of one of the ingredients when under vacuum.

As far as anyone having any questions about intramuscular injection, I would suggest doing a google search for videos (there a quite a few put on by nursing clinics) on how to perform the procedure, like they say a picture is worth a thousand words.

clipper252 is offline Junior Member
    did my first shot and nearly blacked out had the sweats for a good 10 mins. no way am I doing another

MACHINE5150 is offline "AR's Vanilla Gorilla"
    [QUOTE=SomeLiveForTheBill;5368192]Ok, so I'm using a 1.5" needle. I inject fully, and now i am ready to aspirate . How far am I pulling the needle out to do so? Or are you talking about pulling with the syringe from the muscle? (ie the needle never moves once you've pinned)[/QUOTE

ASPIRATING DEFINED:
    YOU NEED TO ASPIRATE PRIOR TO INJECTING BUT AFTER THE NEEDLE IS ALL THE WAY IN.

You need to pull back on the PLUNGER when needle is all the way in. tiny little bubbles should apear in the oil and it should be difficult to pull back.. this means you are in the muscle and it is safe to inject... if you pull back and you pull blood into the needle then that means you are either in a vein or too close to one, pull out the needle and inject somewhere else in the same body part.

Quote Originally Posted by clipper252 View Post
    did my first shot and nearly blacked out had the sweats for a good 10 mins. No way am i doing another

thats what happens when you don't aspirate and you inject in a vein by accident

What are the consequences for that? If I stop now do I need to take any of my pct stuff?

any one with some advice?

if you only took one shpot then no PCT is needed.. i recomend trying it again..

there are no serious consequences to injecting in veins.. just realy unhealthy and unplesant.. but nothing fatal or long lasting

Far from massive is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Cipper252,

You probably got very lucky in botching your first shot, since you are 20 years old completing the cycle would have been a very unwise move as you system is still developing. Read Read Read start with the 4th sticky thread in this forum.

Didn't pick up that you were only 20.. consider yourself lucky.. you got an angel looking over your shoulder.. You need to wait 5 years before you cycle

why you say that just due to age?

Milfeater is offline New Member
    I know about the sweating part. Did an injection tonight and hit bone..... Almost threw up. Lol

powerws is offline Associate Member
    why you say that just due to age?
    Because of growth plates not being fully developed and most importantly, test or any aas shutting down your system, where it would mess you up for the rest of your life.

Quote Originally Posted by Milfeater View Post
    I know about the sweating part. Did an injection tonight and hit bone..... Almost threw up. Lol
    WHERE???? And are you really scrawny or something?

Not scrawny. I grabbed the wrong pin and went to low in my delt. That's what happens when you rush it. Lol

Not scrawny. I grabbed the wrong pin and went to low in my delt. That's what happens when you rush it. Lol
    ohhhhhh...so you stuck the pin where the delt connects to your upper arm? lol
    What length pin and what gauge?

D7M
    D7M is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer (RETIRED)
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonaparte View Post
    ohhhhhh...so you stuck the pin where the delt connects to your upper arm? lol
    What length pin and what gauge?
    I'm curious too!

Damn.

There is never a reason to rush an injection. If you don't have time at that moment, wait.

Besides, even when I go really slow it takes me all of 5 min to draw, clean and inject.

23 g. 1.5. Went low in the delt. I felt it bottom out, so slowly pulled up a bit and finished the job. It sucked. Lol.

Dan111 is offline Associate Member
    Just reading this makes me want to throw up, lol, the thought of needle scraping against bone...AHHH!!!!

laveycraft is offline Junior Member
    so maybe dumb question but say u pull some blood in the gear, do u just find new spot and inject the blood and gear. im guessing that would be ok, but thought i would ask..
    ps. i dont pin yet still reading and learning more and more everyday.

Quote Originally Posted by laveycraft View Post
    so maybe dumb question but say u pull some blood in the gear, do u just find new spot and inject the blood and gear. im guessing that would be ok, but thought i would ask..
    ps. i dont pin yet still reading and learning more and more everyday.
    Right on.

gonejeepin is offline Associate Member
    did my first shot and nearly blacked out had the sweats for a good 10 mins. no way am I doing another
    first off, you are too young for aas, secondly you may not have hit a vein, i recently started my first cycle, ive always not been a big fan of needles, before my first shot i got myself soooooo worked up about that afterwards i got sweaty for a few minutes too, was just nerves as i did aspirate and all that, im glad i do, tuesday morning I hit a vein.

Thread Information