Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    ml87 is offline Associate Member
    urgh, i can't get my vacuum hose to fit into the pin..

Sicko is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bobfromfightclub View Post
    tape the tip of your vacuum to a syringe with out the plunger. Poke your sist and turn on the vacuum.
    stop it mcgyver!!!!

slimshady01 is offline Senior Member
    Did the doctor question you and ask how it may have happened? what you tell him?

ml87 is offline Associate Member
    my doctor and i are on the same page. so i said "hey doc, i think i got an abscess from injecting" and we went from there.. remember, a doctor should want to help you with anything, if they refuse treatment in cases like this, then they r a prick. mine just happens to be extra nice

vettewreck is offline Banned
    i didnt read all the responses but ill tell you what it is if no hasnt already. You have a sterile abcess. Which means IF it doesnt BURN to the touch (pain) or super red and hot, which im guessing its not since it was so long ago when it occured, it means your body formed a pocket around the abcess. Which, is better than an infected abcess. An infected abcess you will know in 24-48hours. Red, swollen, extreme pain, ect. And in worse case doctor avoiding circumstances could mean cutting you open or amputation. (yes its possible if you avoid a doctor). Either one will need antibiotics. To sum it up, go to the doc. lol

FuzzyPeaches o.O is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tjax03 View Post
    I am in america and although you are "sure" you are not a doctor and thus do not actually know what the common practice is for this problem. The pain is horrible, but anesthetics are frequently omitted as they simply do not mask that type of pain effectively and nerve blocks are only used to large areas of infection.
    Been sometime since I read this thread and you should have quit while you were ahead. So according to you nerv blocks are only used for treating large areas of infection? I supppose you are completely familiar with all the different types and purposes of nerv blocks? Auxillary, femoral or sciatic (which would have been used in FFM's case) and interscalene, either of which would have numbed the region for the procedure he described.

tjax03 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyPeaches o.O View Post
    Been sometime since I read this thread and you should have quit while you were ahead. So according to you nerv blocks are only used for treating large areas of infection? I supppose you are completely familiar with all the different types and purposes of nerv blocks? Auxillary, femoral or sciatic (which would have been used in FFM's case) and interscalene, either of which would have numbed the region for the procedure he described.
    I really don't care about having a pissing contest with you. You have a great google medical education. Congrats to you. I was referring to how these medications are commonly used by actual medical professionals. It is a matter of what is necessary and sufficient to deal with the problem at hand. Most of the nerve blocks used to treat a deep infection like an abccess are going to affect a large portion of tissue. They also have potentially severe complications and are generally not used unless a significant operation needs to be performed. In the case of an abcess, yes it is painful, but it also a pretty quick procedure. In that case the risk is not worth the benefit. You can try to pick at insignificant parts of my response which are not really important, but I am done with this thread. You are clearly an excellent armchair physician.

BigJuice777 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by evil30 View Post
    You have a cyst! It needs to be professionally drained or you can risk major infection. See link:

http://www.popthatzit.com/2009/10/the-best-back-zit/
    That might be one of the most disgusting things I have ever seen!! Holy crap.

FuzzyPeaches o.O is offline Senior Member
    It is clear you really have no idea what we are talking about, these are procedures not medications. I will agree with you on one point though, this is a pointless debate. We are talking about anesthesia performed by anesthesiologists which is the practical application for nerv blocks. As in the case with FFM a simple preemptive block could have been used (google it if you want), case closed.

slimshady01 is offline Senior Member
    My doctor is a cock, he knows ive taken PHs before and gives me hell. I need a new doc.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information