Thread: Deca

Considering is offline Junior Member

Deca

I had a nice talk today with an MD with whom I occasionally shoot the breeze with at the gym. I asked him about shut-down from Deca as opposed to test. He told me, and it seems true to me from what I know, that 12 to 16 weeks of Test will shut you down just as hard as the same cycle with Deca. He basically said shut-down is shut-down, no matter what compound got you there, and being able to recover from the shut-down depends on how long it takes the AAS to be at a low enough level were your body could start up again. He also said he prefers Deca, of course with enough T, as his primary steroid because it provides enough of the anabolic effects with lower sides than Test. I know there has been a lot of talk lately about all you need is Test, but it seems to me Deca is pretty OK also and I might run it in my 2nd cycle. Something like 250 mgs Test and 400 mgs Deca.
    Please correct me if I have it wrong?

TRT2010 is offline Member
    long as u got enough experience and you know what ur doing then i think it is fine.

big_ron is offline Anabolic Member
    I dont see an issue running it for your second cycle.
    BUT what are your stats?

Quote Originally Posted by big_ron View Post
    I dont see an issue running it for your second cycle.
    BUT what are your stats?
    5'8 210lbs as of this morning.
    9% BF
    17 years training
    1 Test C cycle 7 weeks at 800 mg than one 1200mg injection of a t400 product from Mexico.

Just finished a low dose deca cycle. Good results. I think you'll really like it.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I'm trying to read in between the lines since it seems like you had a question besides your cycle. I am thinking you had a question in regards to shut down that maybe you dont fully understand. I think you might not understand the difference between Test and Deca in regards to shut down. Yes Test will shut down your natural Testosterone productions but at the same time you are supplementing it with the Test E that does the same for your body as your natural test production so your system will continue responding normally as if you where not shut down.

Deca also shuts you down but it is not the same and Test and since your natural Testosterone production is shut down and Deca does not replace your natural Testosterone production you end up with Deca D*ck (ED).

Yes shut down is shut down but with test your body with function normally or if you use excess it will be in overdrive. Deca not so much but it's good for muscle gain but your little man may suffer.

hugoboss is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    I'm trying to read in between the lines since it seems like you had a question besides your cycle. I am thinking you had a question in regards to shut down that maybe you dont fully understand. I think you might not understand the difference between Test and Deca in regards to shut down. Yes Test will shut down your natural Testosterone productions but at the same time you are supplementing it with the Test E that does the same for your body as your natural test production so your system will continue responding normally as if you where not shut down.

Deca also shuts you down but it is not the same and Test and since your natural Testosterone production is shut down and Deca does not replace your natural Testosterone production you end up with Deca D*ck (ED).

Yes shut down is shut down but with test your body with function normally or if you use excess it will be in overdrive. Deca not so much but it's good for muscle gain but your little man may suffer.

But he said he would be taking a TRT dose(250mgs a week) with the deca...

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Yes I understand that and that's good but it just seemed/read like he might have had questions still on what was the difference of the shut down between Deca and test

songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    I think your doc needs to talk to HP.His knowledge on aas is lacking.I will set him up with a appointment with the professor.

Quote Originally Posted by songdog View Post
    I think your doc needs to talk to HP.His knowledge on aas is lacking.I will set him up with a appointment with the professor.
    So you are saying that the recovery from full shut down caused by compound A is harder than recovery from compound B? This is based on what? Are you a medical professional or just saying what you have heard? Not at all trying to have a go... I just wonder how much of what gets said on here is from experience and whats just being repeated cause its what everyone else says

NoTimer is offline Junior Member
    i've heard of situiations were someone cycled with deca and long after pct without taking steroids again,having problems with his libido etc....

Apparently,this happened because deca can remain in your system for up to 18 months...I really don't know if it's true or not(i'm not experienced at all)i'm just mentioning it....

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Quote Originally Posted by hugoboss View Post
    So you are saying that the recovery from full shut down caused by compound A is harder than recovery from compound B? This is based on what? Are you a medical professional or just saying what you have heard? Not at all trying to have a go... I just wonder how much of what gets said on here is from experience and whats just being repeated cause its what everyone else says
    Many bodybuilders have reported harder recovery when using deca , this isnt made up or internet gossip, its a known fact from many expericned bb's, there can be a few reasons why deca can contribute a hard recovery.

The decanoate ester is very long lived and can have a negative influence on recovery because even small amounts of deca can completely shut down your HPTA, if I remember right 50mgs can shut it down so expect a harder recovery when using deca because of the clearence of the ester.

Deca also has other negative influences over testosterone

Thanks Marcus... That exactly the kind of info i was after... I thought it was probably somehow related to the length of time deca remained in the system+the fact it does shut you down faster which means a longer period of time shut down in total

Matt is offline AR's Hot British Pimp Daddy ~HOF~
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Considering View Post
    I had a nice talk today with an MD with whom I occasionally shoot the breeze with at the gym. I asked him about shut-down from Deca as opposed to test. He told me, and it seems true to me from what I know, that 12 to 16 weeks of Test will shut you down just as hard as the same cycle with Deca. He basically said shut-down is shut-down, no matter what compound got you there, and being able to recover from the shut-down depends on how long it takes the AAS to be at a low enough level were your body could start up again. He also said he prefers Deca, of course with enough T, as his primary steroid because it provides enough of the anabolic effects with lower sides than Test. I know there has been a lot of talk lately about all you need is Test, but it seems to me Deca is pretty OK also and I might run it in my 2nd cycle. Something like 250 mgs Test and 400 mgs Deca.
    Please correct me if I have it wrong?
    Yes im a big fan of running your test at a lower dose and letting such compounds as deca or tren do the work at a higher dose...

However to say that all aas cause complete shut down is a little wrong....
    Do not ask me for a source check.

Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post

I got it that is why I will run 250mg's of Test a week. But you got it, I wanted to confirm shut-down is shut-down.

Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    Yes im a big fan of running your test at a lower dose and letting such compounds as deca or tren do the work at a higher dose...

However to say that all aas cause complete shut down is a little wrong....
    He was saying shut-down is shut-down no matter what got you there. And recovery was dependent upon how quick it was out of the system.

Quote Originally Posted by marcus300 View Post
    Many bodybuilders have reported harder recovery when using deca , this isnt made up or internet gossip, its a known fact from many expericned bb's, there can be a few reasons why deca can contribute a hard recovery.

The decanoate ester is very long lived and can have a negative influence on recovery because even small amounts of deca can completely shut down your HPTA, if I remember right 50mgs can shut it down so expect a harder recovery when using deca because of the clearence of the ester.

This MD's point as I took it, is that if you take Deca or Test for 12 weeks + you will be shut-down either way, and recovery is dependent on how fast the compound is out of the system. He runs Deca over Test, because Deca has less sides and is almost as good as Test in anabolic terms.
    How long could 50mg's of Deca possibly stay active?

baseline_9 is offline The Transformer ~VET~Recognized Staff Winner - $100
    Edit

Thread Information