BigIsBest is offline Junior Member

is it ok to keep using creatine during a cycle??

been taking con-cret creatine for the last 3 months and dont need to cycle off this kind of creatine. I am about to start my test e only cycle next week and was wondering if its ok to keep using creatine on a cycle or will it interfere with gains??

boxin23 is offline Member
    From my experience and what I have read there is no need to run creatine. You will get PLENTY of water retention with just the Test depending on what other compounds/supplements are ran with it. Just Test will give you a lot of water retention.

D7M
    D7M is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer (RETIRED)
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BigIsBest View Post
    been taking con-cret creatine for the last 3 months and dont need to cycle off this kind of creatine. I am about to start my test e only cycle next week and was wondering if its ok to keep using creatine on a cycle or will it interfere with gains??
    It's fine on cycle and won't interfere with gains, though many prefer to use it in PCT.

Quote Originally Posted by D7M View Post
    It's fine on cycle and won't interfere with gains, though many prefer to use it in PCT.
    Is it something that you would recommend to keep running while on?

j.daddy is offline Junior Member
    I would stay on it. It is still going to work and you will continue to gain. I wouldn't run creatine on a cutting cycle, but if your bulking there is no reason not to.

The Wiki Version in case the OP or whoever cares to read:

Use as food supplement
    Main article: Creatine supplements
    Creatine supplements are sometimes usd by athletes, bodybuilders, and others who wish to gain muscle mass, typically consuming 2 to 3 times the amount that could be obtained from a very-high-protein diet. A survey of long-time use gives the creatine content of several foods.[6] The Mayo Clinic states that creatine has been associated with asthmatic symptoms and warns against consumption by persons with known allergies.[7]
    While there was once some concern that creatine supplementation could affect hydration status and heat tolerance and lead to muscle cramping and diharrhea, recent studies have shown these concerns to be unfounded.[8][9]
    There is less concern today than there used to be about possible kidney damage from creatine, although there are reports of kidney damage, such as interstitial nephritis; patients with kidney disease should avoid use of this supplement.[7] In similar manner, liver function may be altered, and caution is advised in those with underlying liver disease although studies have shown little or no adverse impact on kidney or liver function from oral creatine supplementation.[10]
    In theory, creatine may alter the activities of insulin . Caution is advised in patients with diabetes or hypoglycemia, and in those taking drugs, herbs, or supplements that affect blood sugar. Serum glucose levels may need to be monitored by a health-care professional, and medication adjustments may be necessary.
    Long-term administration of large quantities of creatine is reported to increase the production of formaldehyde, which has the potential to cause serious unwanted side-effects. However, this risk is largely theoretical because urinary excretion of formaldehyde, even under heavy creatine supplementation, does not exceed normal limits.[11]
    Extensive research over the last decade has shown that oral creatine supplementation at a rate of 5 to 20 grams per day appears to be very safe and largely devoid of adverse side-effects [12] while at the same time, effectively improving the physiological response to resistance exercise, increasing the maximal force production of muscles in both men and women.[13][14]
    Creatine has become increasingly commonly used by body builders to improve their ability to build muscle tissue. By allowing body builders to perform more work as a result of additional energy, increased protein synthesis is stimulated.[citation needed] Also, when an abundance of creatine phosphate is stored in the muscle, the muscle will hold more water in its cells. This process is called, "Cell Hydration", and is often confused with water retention. But, in this case, water is stored within the cell. Whereas, with "water retention" the water is outside the cell. The more water is held in a muscle cell, the more it will promote the synthesis of protein as well as deter protein breakdown.[15][unreliable source?]

AlphaMaleDawg is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by boxin23 View Post
    From my experience and what I have read there is no need to run creatine. You will get PLENTY of water retention with just the Test depending on what other compounds/supplements are ran with it. Just Test will give you a lot of water retention.
    wrong. creatine absorption is actually slightly enhanced on cycle.

OP, definitely use creatine on cycle. In fact there is no need to ever cycle it

gonzo6183 is offline Senior Member
    Id say drop it and save the benifits for PCT when you need a boost, this way your body may react well to the introduction of a new substance when it needs all the help it can get

BigIsBest is offline Junior Member
    thanks for all the help guys appreciate it... ill stay on the creatine and see how i go.. will keep you guys updated on my gains..

AlphaMaleDawg is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigIsBest View Post
    thanks for all the help guys appreciate it... ill stay on the creatine and see how i go.. will keep you guys updated on my gains..
    good choice. creatine works better on cycle. Use this to your advantage. Stay on it throughout pct and after

matt77 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by D7M View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaMaleDawg View Post

good choice. creatine works better on cycle. Use this to your advantage. Stay on it throughout pct and after
    This is the advice you should take! Creatine is best taken all the time no need to ever stop.

Thanks for the knowledge here.......when i ran my first test e only cycle this year I was given advice to drop my creatine from here. I actually thought that the creatine would help absorption of the water gained from test in the tissue. I wish I would have went with what i was thinking. At least I know for the future. Thanks again.

powerws is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gonzo3816 View Post
    Id say drop it and save the benifits for PCT when you need a boost, this way your body may react well to the introduction of a new substance when it needs all the help it can get
    This sounds good

from reading more and researching i have found D7M and ALPHA and MATT77 are completely correct in saying run it all the time, etc.

The read below is really good about how the creatine helps in "absorption" VS "retention"......Very interesting. It actually helps to "hydrate" the cell more giving better protein synthesis, etc. So the water retention you may see from test will actually be benefited by use of the creatine to help in further hydration of your muscle cells! So to the OP i would listen to those guys above and read the below article....pretty good to help you understand.

Use as food supplement
    Main article: Creatine supplements
    Creatine supplements are sometimes usd by athletes, bodybuilders, and others who wish to gain muscle mass, typically consuming 2 to 3 times the amount that could be obtained from a very-high-protein diet. A survey of long-time use gives the creatine content of several foods.[6] The Mayo Clinic states that creatine has been associated with asthmatic symptoms and warns against consumption by persons with known allergies.[7]
    While there was once some concern that creatine supplementation could affect hydration status and heat tolerance and lead to muscle cramping and diharrhea, recent studies have shown these concerns to be unfounded.[8][9]
    There is less concern today than there used to be about possible kidney damage from creatine, although there are reports of kidney damage, such as interstitial nephritis; patients with kidney disease should avoid use of this supplement.[7] In similar manner, liver function may be altered, and caution is advised in those with underlying liver disease although studies have shown little or no adverse impact on kidney or liver function from oral creatine supplementation.[10]
    In theory, creatine may alter the activities of insulin . Caution is advised in patients with diabetes or hypoglycemia, and in those taking drugs, herbs, or supplements that affect blood sugar. Serum glucose levels may need to be monitored by a health-care professional, and medication adjustments may be necessary.
    Long-term administration of large quantities of creatine is reported to increase the production of formaldehyde, which has the potential to cause serious unwanted side-effects. However, this risk is largely theoretical because urinary excretion of formaldehyde, even under heavy creatine supplementation, does not exceed normal limits.[11]
    Extensive research over the last decade has shown that oral creatine supplementation at a rate of 5 to 20 grams per day appears to be very safe and largely devoid of adverse side-effects [12] while at the same time, effectively improving the physiological response to resistance exercise, increasing the maximal force production of muscles in both men and women.[13][14]
    Creatine has become increasingly commonly used by body builders to improve their ability to build muscle tissue. By allowing body builders to perform more work as a result of additional energy, increased protein synthesis is stimulated.[citation needed] Also, when an abundance of creatine phosphate is stored in the muscle, the muscle will hold more water in its cells. This process is called, "Cell Hydration", and is often confused with water retention. But, in this case, water is stored within the cell. Whereas, with "water retention" the water is outside the cell. The more water is held in a muscle cell, the more it will promote the synthesis of protein as well as deter protein breakdown

HawaiianPride. is offline AR's Think Tank
    Steroids + creatine = more satellite cells + more nuclei = the ability to grow larger muscles. Never cycle off creatine unless you are in pre-contest mode IMO.

BOBfromfightclub is offline Associate Member
    Any one take Kre Alkaline instead of creatine?

fleck is offline Associate Member
    great thread i was thinking about including cratine into my cycle, creapure creatine is supposed to be one of the best.

http://www.myprotein.co.uk/products/creapure

Thread Information