Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    SomeLiveForTheBill is offline Associate Member

How many do not suffer hair loss on Test?

I'm 31, about to run my 1st cycle (I'm already thoroughly vetted here). My cycle will be a 400 mg per week Test Prop base. At 31, I've seen very gradual thinning on top of my head, but still have what most would consider a full head of hair. I have some slight receding going on as well. Generally speaking, do a majority of people suffer hair loss on Test? If you don't have MPB on your father's side of the family, is it much less likely?

Based on what I've read here, I am ready for a Test cycle, but I'm a little worried about this. I do normally buzz my hair anyway, but I like the ability to grow it out if I want. So, is it pretty much a given that you'll see hair loss on Test? I am not crazy about Propecia type products either, because I read they hurt libido. Thanks for your help.
    Last edited by SomeLiveForTheBill; 09-27-2010 at 09:01 PM.

Stephen73ta is offline Associate Member
    I'm only 25 and when I did my first cycle at 24 I noticed some receding of my hairline. only about 1/4" but it was only on one side. Luckily with my haircut no one really noticed.. I thought it was hideous! Thank god it grew back. Not sure if this is the case with everyone or if the damage is normally permanent. Good luck though.

BGC123 is offline Junior Member
    Bump. I'm also curious as to whether test causes hair loss. Btw doesn't MPB go by mother's side?

Jay-1000 is offline New Member
    Guys i'm in a similar boat aswell 28 but with a very full head of hair i.e. i have had no hair loss to date as i've aged. I've just started my first ever test cycle (prop) and a low does at that 300mg to see how my body reacts to it split over a week in 100mg injections and i'm into my 3rd week and shedding hair on a daily basis. I'm running Finasteride 1mg EOD. Is initial shedding a nomal occurance for most people on here or should i be concerned? As if it continues over my 12 week cycle at this rate i'll be forced to stop.

gonzo6183 is offline Senior Member
    gained hair all over for me

Always wondered how all the bodybuilders like Arnold maintained good hair on cycle. I guess it doesn't affect everyone the same way. I'm just curious if it's a "rare" side effect or is it pretty much to be expected.

HawaiianPride. is offline AR's Think Tank
    Quote Originally Posted by gonzo3816 View Post
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by HawaiianPride. View Post
    This.
    So, you are saying it's just as likely you will actually GAIN hair on your head than lose? That's encouraging.

HawaiianPride. is offline AR's Think Tank
    Depends on the individual.

Quote Originally Posted by HawaiianPride. View Post
    Depends on the individual.
    Damn you.

Well, I guess we'll find out soon enough. Test Prop cycle begins in about two weeks.

songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    No my 1st wife and kids took care of that for me.

Quote Originally Posted by songdog View Post
    Well, in that case then, I'm g2g.

dosXX is offline Member
    I was on test cyp @ 500mg per week for 10 weeks and fortunately I didn't experience any hair related side effects. I did get a lot of acne on my back and face.

beezlebubb666 is offline Associate Member
    im def thinning on the vertex of my head.. and i have found that my facial hair grown alot faster on gear, aswell as hair on my arms and ect..

FuzzyPeaches o.O is offline Senior Member
    I, like others have mentioned, actually found hair growing in places that it never had before (like a few small spots on my back, Grrr). As far as losing hair, was not an issue at all for me.

stpete is offline Banned
    I've never had any problems w/ hair loss and i've used test many, many times. I'm bald but i choose to be. If i wanted to let it grow out i'd have a full head of hair.
    And why prop for your first cycle? It can be painful at times. Don't get me wrong, i love prop, but i'm glad i started with test e for my first few cycles. And i don't mind needles, but it gets kinda old injecting ed for 10-12 weeks. Good luck w/ your cycle!!

Blog Entries
    my experience as well specially body hair....

3ebmike is offline Junior Member
    how much shedding are you talking about? hair falling out is normal, just depends on how much

Got to be honest guys i've never checked how much of my hair falls out on a daily basis so I maybe possibly jumping the gun a little. But its a little concerning once a day and you rub your scalp and 15-20 hairs fall out! Keep adding that up on daily basis and you can see what i mean. Some of you may think I'm overacting but just voicing my concern and after some constructive criticism.
    The reason I ran Test prop for my first cycle is that I wanted to stay away from the water retention side effects of Test E etc. I'm a personal trainer and need to stay in decent shape most of the year, just want to look a little sharper and more vascular.

fig
    fig is offline Member
    Don't expect to grow any hair on your head. If you are seeing signs of MPB they will most likely increase with AAS. Have Propecia/Finasteride on hand. Guys like Arnold don't have it in their genes, you probably do.

fig
    fig is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay-1000 View Post
    Got to be honest guys i've never checked how much of my hair falls out on a daily basis so I maybe possibly jumping the gun a little. But its a little concerning once a day and you rub your scalp and 15-20 hairs fall out! Keep adding that up on daily basis and you can see what i mean. Some of you may think I'm overacting but just voicing my concern and after some constructive criticism.
    The reason I ran Test prop for my first cycle is that I wanted to stay away from the water retention side effects of Test E etc. I'm a personal trainer and need to stay in decent shape most of the year, just want to look a little sharper and more vascular.
    On average, males lose 100 hairs per day. 15-20 when rubbing isn't a huge deal.

Yeah as I said i have no signs of MPB to date and perhaps I am jumping the gun a tad. I suppose I just need to run the cycle and just see what happens. Didnt realise we can lose that much hair on a daily basis.

redz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I have never had a problem with test, the only hair loss experience I have had was from running Test/Tren along with 100mg of winny ed. The winny was the culprit and only at that dose. 60mg or less of winny and I dont shed any hair at all.

3ebmike is offline Junior Member
    i've seen up to like 10 hairs on my hand if i don't wash my hair for a day or two... idk how normal 15-20.. is it like htis every time?

Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    I grew hair EVERYWHERE..... but lost it only on my head..... figures.....

~Haz~
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......

fig
    fig is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    I grew hair EVERYWHERE..... but lost it only on my head..... figures.....

~Haz~

AlphaMaleDawg is offline Senior Member
    I haven't lost my hair. I am unsure whether I am supposed to or not genetically

MACHINE5150 is offline "AR's Vanilla Gorilla"
    you only lose your hair if you are already prone to going bald.. look at people like Arnold etc.. if your dad is bald then you will be bald if you take steroids .. that simple. ive done a few cycles with no side effects

yerrr is offline New Member
    bout to find out for myself too bro, gonna go with prop so if I notice anything to bad I can stop right away, has the fina helped? My father didnt start balding till his 50's, and it wasnt horrible then either, and my uncles have full heads of hair on my mothers side in their late 40's. idk if the gains are gonna be worth risking my hairline, so I'm not even committed yet.

gonna try some niza, spiro, and fina lol if I do it

D7M
    D7M is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer (RETIRED)
    Blog Entries
    Yep....me too.

oker is offline Associate Member
    Both men and women can potentially lose hair (while on cycle) as a result of hormonal changes in the body and this is due, in part, to the alterations in the metabolism of androgen that will ultimately bring about hair loss. Androgen is a male hormone that plays a very important role in both hair loss and/or hair growth. This metabolism of androgen in the body is related to an enzyme (5 alpha reductase), which tends to fuse with the male hormone (testosterone ), and thus create a symbiotic synthesis with DHT (Dihydrotestosterone). In short, DHT is the natural metabolite of the body that may induce hair loss. To put it simply, yes steroids may induce hair loss, but in the end it will depend on whether or not you are susceptible to DHT and it’s influence on your body, or more simply still, genetics.
    Last edited by oker; 09-29-2010 at 03:28 AM.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by songdog View Post
    hahahaha I hear you there...

I have always had a HIGH receding hair line. I use to get teased in high school how I was going to be bald by the time I was 20. Luckily it was/is a SLOW process for me. My 10yr reunion almost 1/2 the guys where 1/2 bald and my hairline had not moved except the back of my hair was 1ft longer. LOL 80 rocker... I got to give shit to all the guys who said I was going to be bald. Karma.

My 20th reunion mine had still not changed noticeably but 3/4 of the guys where 100% bald....

I have my 30th next June. OK it's noticeable now. It's not quite where it's wispy on top but it's defiantly thin and had receded. NO crowning so thats good.

I have not noticed being on test the last 3 years making any significant change. Not any faster or slower. I have like many gained more hair everywhere else.... I never had any hair on my back. Now I have a few long strands on the top of my shoulders and shoulder blades area and some at the very bottom of the back. All the hair on my arms has gotten thicker and a little longer. Im not a fuzzy bear by any means thank god..... I do use a trimmer and trim everything once every month or two just so it doesnt get out of hand.

If they dont hurry up with the hair cloning I will probably be forced to shave in the next few years...

In other words, it all depends on your genetics. If you are prone to hair loss it may speed it up some. If you are not then you will probably have little or no thinning.

Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    hahahaha I hear you there...

I have always had a HIGH receding hair line. I use to get teased in high school how I was going to be bald by the time I was 20. Luckily it was/is a SLOW process for me. My 10yr reunion almost 1/2 the guys where 1/2 bald and my hairline had not moved except the back of my hair was 1ft longer. LOL 80 rocker... I got to give shit to all the guys who said I was going to be bald. Karma.

My 20th reunion mine had still not changed noticeably but 3/4 of the guys where 100% bald....

I have my 30th next June. OK it's noticeable now. It's not quite where it's wispy on top but it's defiantly thin and had receded. NO crowning so thats good.

I have not noticed being on test the last 3 years making any significant change. Not any faster or slower. I have like many gained more hair everywhere else.... I never had any hair on my back. Now I have a few long strands on the top of my shoulders and shoulder blades area and some at the very bottom of the back. All the hair on my arms has gotten thicker and a little longer. Im not a fuzzy bear by any means thank god..... I do use a trimmer and trim everything once every month or two just so it doesnt get out of hand.

If they dont hurry up with the hair cloning I will probably be forced to shave in the next few years...

In other words, it all depends on your genetics. If you are prone to hair loss it may speed it up some. If you are not then you will probably have little or no thinning.
    Agreed! My brother started to receed at 20 much like yourself. I'm 43 now and still have a full head of hair, yet my bro is one year younger...genetics yes. My father was bald - my grandfather was not, I believe I inherited my grandfathers DNA on my mothers side, who was not bald. My bro unfortunately inherited my fathers DNA from his father, who was bald...simply a skip in generation and genetic luck on my part.
    Last edited by oker; 09-29-2010 at 02:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by oker View Post
    Agreed! My brother started to receed at 20 much like yourself. I'm 43 now and still have a full head of hair, yet my bro is one year younger...genetics yes. My father was bald - my grandfather was not, I believe I inherited my grandfathers DNA on my mothers side, who was not bald. My bro unfortunately inherited my fathers DNA from his father, who was bald...simply a skip in generation and genetic luck on my part.
    I got a mix of the two. My father was bald. Even as a little kid I never remember him having more than a ring around the top even in his 40s. My mothers side of the family, her father and brothers all had THICK black hair..... I seemed to be in the middle, DAMN it... Why couldnt I just get lucky for once and have a FULL head of hair... My dad was also short, 5' 7". I made it to 5' 8" only. Ohh well, at least I dont have a little xxxx I guess if I had to trade a full head of hear for a little peter I would be happy with a razor as my new best friend. LOL

Red face

I got a mix of the two. My father was bald. Even as a little kid I never remember him having more than a ring around the top even in his 40s. My mothers side of the family, her father and brothers all had THICK black hair..... I seemed to be in the middle, DAMN it... Why couldnt I just get lucky for once and have a FULL head of hair... My dad was also short, 5' 7". I made it to 5' 8" only. Ohh well, at least I dont have a little xxxx I guess if I had to trade a full head of hear for a little peter I would be happy with a razor as my new best friend. LOL
    LMAO off bro!! Hey, look on the bright side, the bruce willis look is in.

MrGreen is offline Member
    My facial hair grows fast and thicker after about the 5th week on cycle but never experienced any hair loss.

Quote Originally Posted by oker View Post
    LMAO off bro!! Hey, look on the bright side, the bruce willis look is in.
    Yup, Im somewhere around DieHard 2 & 3 lol

Speaking of hair one think I have noticed is I get a lot of ingrown hairs now on my neck and I never use to get any.

Yup, Im somewhere around DieHard 2 & 3 lol

Speaking of hair one think I have noticed is I get a lot of ingrown hairs now on my neck and I never use to get any.
    damn you're a funny f***er! Somewhere between DH 1 and 2, LMAO coz the dude did go bald at some point between the two movies if I remember correctly...thats priceless bro! But seriously, remember the movie "tears of the sun"? The bro looks cool in that with the shaved head.

afslc is offline New Member
    My hair started to recede a decent amount, not sure if it was the test or dbol .

slimshady01 is offline Senior Member
    IM in the same boat. 34 years old have thin but a lot of hair. very prone to hairloss and want to run a test cycle in jan. Ive been scared off by some posts i may stick with anavar solo. If i did try test i may only do 300mg a week and add in some EQ at 400mg. Still not sure.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information