lethalinjection is offline New Member

Doing Steroids whole life

I know a lot of you are gonna just absolutley kill me for asking this, but I really want to know if anyone here does steroids (obviously mostly test) continuously. Namely, which test would be best, if you use HCG , how much etc. I also want to know if it'd be possible to have a kid. I watched a film today called bigger, stronger, faster and some guy on there said he had been taking steroids for 38 years straight. I want to hear how bad this could be to health.

By the way, I've been off steroids for 10 months and feel completely fine without them, but I couldn't lie to you and say I don't miss the feeling of being superhuman.

Again, please don't get pissed off, I'm just curious about people who do this

frawnz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Pretty much any of us on TRT (testosterone replacement therapy) are on it for life. We take the same steroids many "juicers" take (Test C or E usually), but at a lower dosage to maintain a relatively normal testosterone level. TRT dosage is usually between 100mg-250mg/week, for the rest of your life. I wouldn't want to take cycle levels of steroids for my whole life tho.

Far from massive is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I certainly am in no position to answer you question but I will pose a question to help keep it on the top, was the guy talking about using high dosage steroids continuously for 38 yrs or talking about doing cycles for 38 yrs? to do anything other than a light supplemental dose of test for 38 years with no major health issues would come as a suprize to me, however I have been around gyms for 38 yrs but am far from an expert on AAS usage.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I have been on for 3 years now with weekly injections. As said by frawnz, it's call HRT or TRT and it is to replace what your body is not producing naturally anymore. There are plenty of people here who have been running it, doing HRT for a LOT longer, many many years with no ill side effect as a matter of fact it is a lot healthier than letting your natural test levels get low and your body just starts falling apart.

That being said it would also be dangerous to run a higher than normal test levels for extended periods of time; that is why the idea of cycling was invented to give your body time to recover and go back to a normal healthy state before doing it again.

Im sure most of the professionals when off cycle still keep their levels at a fairly high level as to not loose gains due to the bodies natural limits but you have to really be on top of the game. Have your diet perfect and have blood work done probably monthly checking your test levels, estrogen, liver function, kidneys and thyroids to make sure you are not putting your body or organs at risk.

It's not something to be done or taken lightly. You could feel fine and think you are OK for years and then one day your liver just gives out and your finished...

Good comment. I'm 50 now and I plan to cycle AAS until my natural Test level gets too low to make a difference. I'll go on TRT at that point.

IMunchRoidz is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    I have been on for 3 years now with weekly injections. As said by frawnz, it's call HRT or TRT and it is to replace what your body is not producing naturally anymore. There are plenty of people here who have been running it, doing HRT for a LOT longer, many many years with no ill side effect as a matter of fact it is a lot healthier than letting your natural test levels get low and your body just starts falling apart.

That being said it would also be dangerous to run a higher than normal test levels for extended periods of time; that is why the idea of cycling was invented to give your body time to recover and go back to a normal healthy state before doing it again.

Im sure most of the professionals when off cycle still keep their levels at a fairly high level as to not loose gains due to the bodies natural limits but you have to really be on top of the game. Have your diet perfect and have blood work done probably monthly checking your test levels, estrogen, liver function, kidneys and thyroids to make sure you are not putting your body or organs at risk.

It's not something to be done or taken lightly. You could feel fine and think you are OK for years and then one day your liver just gives out and your finished...
    so.. are there any disadvantages of TRT?

gonzo6183 is offline Senior Member
    At 50 just go straight for TRT now, you will see huge benifits

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Yes, if you dont have insurance and you had better have a good job because it's not cheap. If your natural levels are good why screw up a good thing. I would keep it working as long as possible. It would be nice not to HAVE to pin every week whether I want to or not.

Dont wanna be old is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by IMunchRoidz View Post
    so.. are there any disadvantages of TRT?
    Clinical cost's
    Prescription cost's ( Company health leaflet suggests having test checked at 40 but doesn't cover prescriptions of testosterone .)
    Keeping ample supply waiting for mail order scripts from compounding pharmacy .
    Some compounding pharmacies are better quality then others . ( I had 1 vial that crystallized )

These are a few things to consider .

limo is offline New Member
    As far as having kids I had both of my very healthy boys (first one was 8lbs 10oz second was 9lbs) while I was using 1,000mg Test a wk so don't believe any of that 'It will make you sterile' crap. I also was in the middle of 2nd year of a 3 and a half year run. I don't advise that long of a run thats just how it worked out. I did however go from 190 to 238 during that run lol

smalltime7 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by limo View Post
    As far as having kids I had both of my very healthy boys (first one was 8lbs 10oz second was 9lbs) while I was using 1,000mg Test a wk so don't believe any of that 'It will make you sterile' crap. I also was in the middle of 2nd year of a 3 and a half year run. I don't advise that long of a run thats just how it worked out. I did however go from 190 to 238 during that run lol
    3.5 years straight at a gram a week? holy sh$t!

lethalinjection is offline New Member
    Thanks guys I appreciate everything, and just to let you know that guy literally said, I've been taking steroids for 38 straight years, so I was assuming he never came off but I could be wrong.

And I know a little about TRT, but would doing higher lvls of TRT make you bigger like AAS? Sex drive? ect. And I guess I pretty much got my answer in that doing steroids without cycling would be a little out of the question.

Also, how the hell do you have natural test after a 3 1/2 yr run, I feel like my testosterone lvls still aren't up to par after a 10 week cycle.

bjpennnn is offline American Psycho
    pretty nuts man. any health side affects?

SomeRandomGuy is offline Associate Member
    I started a thread very much like this one, but I never got to ask this question:

If you stay on AAS indefinately, do your testicles get smaller and smaller? Or just reach a small size and stay there? What happens?

1g/wk for 3 years... Wow. Wouldn't there be a point of diminishing returns? Like where 1g wouldn't be effective anymore?

big_ron is offline Anabolic Member
    Your nuts would get to a smaller size and stay there. as for becoming sterial it isnt a joke and can happen, alot of people run hcg with there HRT to keep there testies working, this alone does not keep you from becoming sterile but it can help, hmg is a chemical that stimulates LH and FSH (hormones that tell your nuts to work and produce sperm)
    This can be used as treatment if your sperm count is low, i have read studies saying over a two year period it can bring you back to 96% recoverd, but this is new treatment.

Quote Originally Posted by bjpennnn View Post
    pretty nuts man. any health side affects?
    Yeah I lost my Fabio flowing hair look lol lol and now I'm just the clean bowling ball look. My blood pressure was thru the roof and I take my BP meds every day now but other than that I was lucky no permanent damage. I had blood work done 6 months after I stopped and all my liver functions were normal, kidneys fine eveything aok. About 9 months after stopping my natural test levels were at 200, bottom. which meant going on therapy. Like I said it wasn't the brightest thing to do and I didn't know crap about PCT then. I did however reach my goal at the time which was 230.

does not sound like it was worth it though ha.

Quote Originally Posted by bjpennnn View Post
    does not sound like it was worth it though ha.
    You know thats something I've given alot of thought to. Heres some info to chew on. My biological father was bald and had diabetes and hypertension/High blood pressure (he died at the age of 63). So it begs the question, would I have ended up bald with high BP anyway?? My older brother has no hair, diabetes and high BP and my sister has high BP and diabetes. So was it the juice or was I predisposed to these conditions anyway and I just excellerated the process?? Who knows all I know is I graduated High school at 135lbs soaking wet, at 25 I was 165, at 35 I was 240. The only thing I regret is not having more blood work done after I was thru so I could have started a PCT right away and not gone 2 years wondering why I felt like crap.

live and learn bro, welcome to the board!

boxin23 is offline Member
    48 lbs in 3 years .....nice....but being on AAS whole time to get there seems crazy....Glad you're still with us bro. I just wonder though in three years.....you could have done 6 cycles safely....and 6 cycles you could have gained 5-10 easily each one because you were not at your potential (neither was I on my first cycle, nor will i be on my 2cnd...haha on me...) so in theory you could have done 30-60 lbs based on my math.....Hmmmm.
    I don't see the worth in what you did....you say no permanent damage...but you are on TRT for life now...that is permanent....the other stuff like hair and BP is of course as you have stated debatable. Nice chattin with ya....later.

Thread Information