LouHulk is offline Associate Member

Tendons and Connective tissue

So how long on average does a person develop the tendons and connective tissue from no workout experience. I have been lifting for only 8 months but my question is when does the extra risk of injury go away? I also take aas but am still concerned about hurting myself during this period of time in strengthening my tendons and connective tissue. The reason I ask is that my strength has been going up VERY fast. I want to push it but still have in the back of my mind that I might get hurt. Until recently my strength gains had been pretty consistent and at a consistent pace. Now I'm going up in weight so much faster, this is why I ask.

Stats : 5'9"
    14-15% bf
    8 months lifting experience
    Last edited by LouHulk; 09-29-2010 at 01:56 PM.

MBMETC is offline Anabolic Member
    this is why body stats and training exp are always asked before advise on cycles are given. i takes alot more than eight months, i would say 2-3 years minimum possibly 4 you have put yourself at great risk running a cycle without proper training time under your belt. i would say you are gonna have to resist the urge to push yourself beyond your natural limit and you will miss out on the full benefit of aas. an injury at this point would be more damgeing to your gains. next time dont be in such a hurry.

BOBfromfightclub is offline Associate Member
    Take some joint supplements dude. Animal Flex is a great product, and cissus ive heard is the bees knees

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    anytime you over develop the muscle quickly you risk tendon and ligament damage..

creatine will cause this effect.
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

40plusnewbie is offline Senior Member
    The way it was explained to me in a post I was directed to when seeking advise about healing tendons/connective tissues is that taking test your turning your muscles into that of a gorilla but ur tendons are just that of a normal guy. There are however several compounds known to strengthen tendons: anavar , hgh, deca , EQ, Primo. I started a var cycle and when I added in a cjc/ghrp-2 peptide combo (reportedly supposed to trigger a pulse of your own natural GH) my tendinitis in my hands/fingers went away very quickly and a bicep tendon that I had injured and had constant slight pain for like 1 1/2 years stopped bothering me completely. I went on the var to aid in collagen synthesis which strengthens tendons, went on the cjc/ghrp-2 for different reasons but think they are playing a significant role as well.

p.s. Winny WEAKENS tendons, so beware of that compound considering your concerns.

Knockout_Power is offline "Even sexier than Siggy"
    This is exactly what building a natural "base" entails. People assume it is only the natural development of muscle, but it is far more than that. The point is to build you body in a consistant manner to aid in the natural development of bones, skeletal musculature, superfiscial musculature as well as tendons and ligaments. Not only this, but it also builds the proper mindset and understanding of your body and your DIET and how to alter it to achieve your goals. his is all part of your "BASE" before you should start cycling.

You are at 8 months and already cycling, obviously not ready to be doing so but regardless, you have taken this step so take care in preserving your body. Suppliments like Glucosamine, Chondroitin and MSM help maintain and repair.

Glucosamine is an amino acid that is naturally produced in the body. Glucosamine is a precursor to a molecule used in the formation and repair of cartilage. Treatment with glucosamine is based on the idea that oral consumption of the substance may increase to rate of formation of new cartilage by providing more of the necessary building blocks. The recommended dose of glucosamine in 1500mg each day for one to two months. Ongoing treatment if often continued if results are favorable.

Chondroitin is the most abundant glycosaminoglycan in cartilage and is partly responsible for the resiliency of cartilage. Chondroitin is also important in preventing the action of enzymes that destroy cartilage. The recommended dose of chondroitin is 800 mg each day (400 mg twice daily) for one to two months. Ongoing treatment if often continued if results are favorable. Most commonly chondroitin is take in combination with glucosamine.

Methylsulfonylmethane (MSM) is taken because some believe it helps support health ligaments. While glucosamine and chondroitin have not undergone extensive clinical testing, MSM has not undergone any significant test to support its use. The theory is that the sulfer in MSM helps the body maintain healthy, flexible ligaments.

Hope this helps

Thread Information