UMFan is offline Junior Member

Short duration cycles

Hey guys, I've been reading a bit on this forum about short duration cycles and it seems very appealing. I've been researching the possibility of trying the following cycle:

Wk 1-6: 500mg/wk Test Cyp
    Wk 7-10: PCT
    Wk 11-16: 500 mg/wk Test Cyp
    Wk 17-20: PCT
    Wk 21-26: 500 mg/wk Test Cyp
    Wk 24-26: 50mg/day Winstrol tabs
    PCT

I have a couple of questions regarding this potential cycle that I'm hoping someone can help me with:

1) can short duration cycles be used with steroids with long active lives (e.g., test c) like i'm showing above?
    2) would primming be done during each of the "off" months?
    3) how would PTC work? PCT for Cyp wouldn't typically start for 18 days after last admin, but this doesn't leave much time...
    4) i'm not planning on "burst" cycling as i'm still a novice (this will be my third cycle - first in several years), rather i'm looking at taking the standard 500mg/wk for 4-6 weeks, then being off for a correlative amount of time before starting again. does this make sense from a dosage standpoint?
    5) are the winstrol tabs in the last month a good idea?
    6) any other general critique?

Here's my stats:
    Height: 6'0"
    Weight: 227.4lbs
    BF%: 13
    Working out regularly since '94

Any advice will be much appreciated

stpete is offline Banned
    If you don't mind me asking, where did you get this idea?

I found this link in a discussion on this forum. It's explains the basics. Searching google i've found countless other "conversations" on the subject, but no single source of truth.

apparently i can't insert hyperlinks to other forums, but it was an article on *******************.com. the thread was titled: AAS: Short burst cycles-

what is this...china?

Vullfromsc is offline Associate Member
    alright, if you are planning on doing burst cycles first understand this:

test cyp is a very long estered form of testosterone , it remains active for around 17-18 days after your last shot. trying to run a pct like you have it would do nothing to recover your natural hormones, as you still have the synthetic ones in your bosy for 2/3 of the pct.

shorter esters are much better for burst cycles, e.x. anything with propionate , acetate, suspension, etc., as well as orals

a burst cycle might look like this:

week 1-6 test prop 525mg/week
    week 1-6 winstrol 50mg/day
    week 7-10 pct (nolva 40/20/20/20 clomid 100/50/50/50)
    week 11-20 OFF TIME FROM ANY AAS
    repeat

stpete is offline Banned
    I'd like to see that link....And why don't you use prop instead? I don't like your cycle at all. Why not use prop for 8-10 weeks, do your pct and after the correct amount of time off go at it again?

stpete, i know it sounds strange but it seems a lot of people swear by it. it's also supposed to be healthier and easier to recover from. i can't put the link in because the forum won't allow it, but just search this online: "short burst cycling explained" and you should find the article. let me know what you think.
    vull, i think you're right on. the examples i've seen have have all utilized short esters like prop. i have access to Cyp, so i was hoping it would work thanks for the input-

Bertuzzi is offline AR's Common Sense Ninja
    This just sounds extremely negligent... I think you need to do some searching within this sites search function on Burst Cycles.

Good Luck

Negligent in what sense? Due to the active life of cypionate ?

Sector is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by UMFan View Post
    Negligent in what sense? Due to the active life of cypionate?
    That and this is not how you burst cycle, search this website. Marcus has written some great info about burst cycles.

Very informational, Sector. Thanks for the wonderful insight.

Sector is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by UMFan View Post
    Very informational, Sector. Thanks for the wonderful insight.
    I sense some sarcasm :P

stpete is offline Banned
    Do some more research man....How would cyp be incorporated in a "short burst" cycle? That confuses me. And secondly, as long as i've been in this game, i've NEVER heard of a cycle like yours. It's just not right....I could give you a few other suggestions if you only want minimal time off but i'm not sure that you're ready for anything right now. If you continue w/ your proposed cycle, please keep me informed of your progress. Good luck....

thanks, man. i appreciate the input

MACHINE5150 is offline "AR's Vanilla Gorilla"
    i am assuming you are talking about Ronnie Rowland's post about slingshot theory with short burs cycles.. this can be done but is only recomended to serious body builders who have done 4-5 cycles already.. this is not a recomended tactic for anyone who is not already insanley large

stpete is offline Banned
    Machine5150....He probably has read Ronnie's post but it's not recommended in my book. And i'm not even sure that's what Ronnie posted. He posted that awhile back, and he knows his shit. I'll have to double check that. Now, why do we ask people to take a certain amount of time off? Well i'll tell you why...It's because we're trying to keep all of you newbs away from juice so we can buy it all! haha.. It DOESN'T matter how old you are or how many cycles you have under your belt, do your body a favor and take the proper time off!! Now, i have other suggestions but i'm not sure the OP is ready so i'll keep my mouth shut for now.

Thread Information