Nooomoto is offline Productive Member

Heading to the Dr. today, what to look for

I'm going to the doctor today for the first time in a long time. I want to get a full workup done. I don't really want to mention my steroid use unless something comes back wrong, or "off."

Anything specific I should tell the doctor to test for?

scotty51312 is offline Transformation Challenge Trainer
    Liver panel (especially if you do orals) Tell him you drink occasionally and wanna have it checked out. A lipid panel (hdl ldl and triglyceride) He shouldn't even ask for an explanation for that its good practice. I told my doc that i'd took an online quiz that said my test levels might be low so i had that checked while i was at it. Ofcourse check your BP. Any specific issues you're worried about? As awful as it sounds if you're in your late 30s or older its probably a good idea to get a prostate exam.

Knockout_Power is offline "Even sexier than Siggy"
    just check everything off on that list. Normally they dont include a lot of things on the check sheet so I like to check off things like liver panels, estrogen, progesterone, cortisol, lipid profiles etc. Basically just go through the list and whatever you have interest in knowing (the kind of things that are affected by AAS), check off.

Good luck mang.

-KP

Nooomoto is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by scotty51312 View Post
    Liver panel (especially if you do orals) Tell him you drink occasionally and wanna have it checked out. A lipid panel (hdl ldl and triglyceride) He shouldn't even ask for an explanation for that its good practice. I told my doc that i'd took an online quiz that said my test levels might be low so i had that checked while i was at it. Ofcourse check your BP. Any specific issues you're worried about? As awful as it sounds if you're in your late 30s or older its probably a good idea to get a prostate exam.
    Nah I'm not worried about anything specific. It's just been a good few years since I've been to a doctor, figured it's about time to get everything checked out.

Brewster is offline Member
    Doctors are morons in my exp.
    I would tell him why your getting a full work done.

If he/she seems incompitant go somewhere else
    It took me 5 doc's before I found one who told me "I;m not going to tell you what you should or shouldn't be doing, Im just going to make sure you are safe in your use of AAS>

Quote Originally Posted by Brewster View Post
    Doctors are morons in my exp.
    I would tell him why your getting a full work done.

If he/she seems incompitant go somewhere else
    It took me 5 doc's before I found one who told me "I;m not going to tell you what you should or shouldn't be doing, Im just going to make sure you are safe in your use of AAS>
    I doubt he cares what the doc says... he's always got dozens of guys here who can look at his results and tell him where there may be concern or if he is clear all the way through.

There are a couple members on here who have as much medical knowledge as some doctors and their advice is golden.

-KP

Brewster is offline Member
    well good to know.
    My first cycle I explained to the doctor what I was doing, I had my blood work done pre cycle/post cycle etc. He said I was good.
    1.5 yrs later his clinic closed down. I got a hold of my file.

The only thing he tested were my test levels. Nothing else..... One fukin line on the blood work sheet.. I was furious.

yah, that sucks. I have lots of doc friends, they just sign off on the bloodwork request and let me check off what I want. They know that I know enough about it to just let me be. Besides, they know I cycle.

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    PSA bw

Good call... got a lot of urge to pee a lot?

Thread Information