Norwich Muscles is offline Junior Member

Strength, strength, strength and a bit of size needed - WTF do I do???????

Hey guys,

Im 6'4 - around 250lbs, but fighting weight for me is 230lbs

I need to gain strength, so my key lifts like bench, squat, deadlift need to go up and I need to strengthen my neck and traps.... However I need my neck and traps to also get bigger! (Im moving up from amateur and I need a better shock absorbing quality to face the bigger punches).

So I am going to focus on calories and keep them fairly low.... However I was thinking of doing Sus and D'bol (mainly due to budget and their massive strength gains).....

Or is there something else you would recommend.

Im also now going to post in the diet section as obviously this is a major concentration point for my goals.

NVR2BIG1 is offline Banned
    if your training around a sport such as fighting, keep the workout brief, under 40 minutes and no more than 3x/wk.

Knockout_Power is offline "Even sexier than Siggy"
    Yes, be very careful about how much muscle you put on in a short time. Your endurance will go to shite and flexibility will drastically decrease.

Your porposed compounds are very good for what you are looking to do but know that your diet must be on point so you dont waste your cycle.

I wont bother laying a cycle out for you cause that is why you do your own research... post what your proposed dosages for your cycle would be and let us critique.

sigman roid is offline Ar's cockney geezer Retired
    Whats your age?

And bf%?

Dont wanna be old is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Come to my house .
    You being big as you are I would like to see you as the punisher .

Take 135lb barbell on the ground and do cleans , with bar above head bring down on rear delts and squat .
    Back and forth til you can't do another rep . Clean, squat ,shoulder press , reset to ground , clean , squat , shoulder press reset .

If this isn't a sickening exercise giving cardio , endurance and explosive strength , Then try going over to leg press .
    Put your feet where your but goes in the seat . Put hands in place of feet in corners of the platform for feet .
    You might have to set safety's out to get full motion .
    Then do explosive presses .

These are a couple things I have seen that looked effective for hybrid strength endurance .

Depending on goals it might surprise you .

CFforged is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dont wanna be old View Post
    Take 135lb barbell on the ground and do cleans , with bar above head bring down on rear delts and squat .
    Back and forth til you can't do another rep . Clean, squat ,shoulder press , reset to ground , clean , squat , shoulder press reset .
    Bear Complex
    Power Clean, Front Squat, Push Press (front of head), Back Squat, Push Jerk (behind head), reset
    try and get at least 7 reps without letting go of bar

Thread Information