Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    JimInAK is offline Member
    BTW- I do think HGH could be very beneficial... I'm 51 and have been taking at least a 2iu/day maintenance dose of HGH for most of the last two years.

I don't understand why a doctor would not provide HGH to elderly patients, but I guess that's why I'm not a doctor.

gymbob is offline New Member
    im no expert but i agree with derrikt, shes 92 her health is declining... why not, i mean seek medical opinon but it will regenerate her failing tissues will it not? the question being how tough will it be on her heart? it is one of the reasons we age, because our HGH levels fall, its not the only but its a part of it. then obviously talk to her about it, just tell her the facts, if shes willing, and the doc cant give a real reason against it, then why not?

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    this thread is becoming a real good one as it is turning into something else actually.....

ethics...philosophy...morals...principles...belief s...ideology...theories...conscience...the system...methodology...
    status qou...choices...

what is right... what is possible...what to do...what can you do....what should you do...what will you do...

Jim, I share your same skepticism. Why don't Dr's prescribe HGH to elderly patients? They could benefit so much from it. My buddy of 35 years is a general practitioner. He's disgusted with the insurance providers and is leaving the medical profession. He says that the insurance companies dictate treatment based on what they'll pay for. HGH for elderly? NO WAY! Says the insurance companies. Too bad, so sad.

Sicko is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jpkman View Post
    are u saying that doctors and healthcare systems and governments are to be trusted 100% and that if they havent suggested it then its no good?

if thats the case i should have been still struggling maintaining my weight/waistline as i would have never been suggested trt by my doctor...never might be an overstatement but it sure wasnt offered until I SOUGHT IT..

u do mention that the system is greedy and that they would exploit but hormone replacement actually fixes....they WANT US TO STAY SICK

just my .02
    Actually you misunderstood me, I am saying the opposite.They are not to be trusted as greed will almost always win over right or fair or just etc...I was trying to point out that if this option had any validity then our overpaid insurance scamiing Dr.'s and lying pharm. co. would have already picked up and ran with the concept. I am going thru some medical issues as we speak and am playing the HMO referal game between my insursance Dr. and medical provider.They are raping me with the back and forth co-pays its a joke.But that is a whole nuther rant I dont want to hijack this thread with but for me it is another case and point of what I was trying to establish with my post.

Far from massive is offline Knowledgeable Member
    One more thing in case the idea of the suggested protein shakes, healthy high protein meals idea appeals to you. Old people commonly have trouble eliminating excess protein from their systems due to decreased liver function and intestinal transit problems, I would definately seek advice on diet from someone ( with a degree in nutrition and experience with the elderly) familiar with the functional diet of older people since the problems facing 90 yr olds are quite different than slow gainers.

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    Quote Originally Posted by SlimmerMe View Post
    this thread is becoming a real good one as it is turning into something else actually.....

ethics...philosophy...morals...principles...belief s...ideology...theories...conscience...the system...methodology...
    status qou...choices...

what is right... what is possible...what to do...what can you do....what should you do...what will you do...
    was thinking same thing...i like the different opinions..my mom is late 60's but wont even take a pain pill...its aspirin or nothing

Quote Originally Posted by Sicko View Post
    Actually you misunderstood me, I am saying the opposite.They are not to be trusted as greed will almost always win over right or fair or just etc...I was trying to point out that if this option had any validity then our overpaid insurance scamiing Dr.'s and lying pharm. co. would have already picked up and ran with the concept. I am going thru some medical issues as we speak and am playing the HMO referal game between my insursance Dr. and medical provider.They are raping me with the back and forth co-pays its a joke.But that is a whole nuther rant I dont want to hijack this thread with but for me it is another case and point of what I was trying to establish with my post.
    sorry bout that and thanks for clearing it up...

vettewreck is offline Banned
    IMO, at 90y/o, whats the point? Not being mean or heartless but at 90 shes basically waiting on death. Sit on the porch, relax and enjoy some tea while breathing the fresh air.

Quote Originally Posted by vettewreck View Post
    IMO, at 90y/o, whats the point? Not being mean or heartless but at 90 shes basically waiting on death. Sit on the porch, relax and enjoy some tea while breathing the fresh air.
    i dont believe that anymore....lot of ppl living past a hundo and always improving...i also think a lot of bb's could live to 100 if they lower their weight in their later years retirement age forward...i think it would be hard to carry 220/230 lbs and greater to 100 years of age...i actually believe the hype or info about lighter ppl living longer...just not sure when u have to cut our kind of lifestyle out to make it

vettewreck is offline Banned
    I agree with you to a point. But not at 90.

Peace Missile is offline Junior Member
    ..lol

I agree with you to a point. But not at 90.
    definately a great topic and i look forward to the op's updates

Sicko is offline Senior Member
    I just thought off something, It would probably make your Grandma's day to let her read all the ideas and concerned people around the USA talking about her wellbeing it sure would give you two some serious conversations topic for a good minute I reckon..

critical is offline Junior Member
    I talked to my doc yesterday and he said he used to love giving old peeps deca . They stopped breaking hips and could actually go out and dance or just do normal things. Idk if he was talking about women though.

Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by bruary17 View Post
    She's 92. My original post said she was 90, you said 94- no clue where that came from. But let me put it to you like this, if I'm ever lucky enough to live a full and wonderfully complete life as she has.. and I'm sitting in my chair at the age of 92- mind very sharp but body failing. I'm going to want a shot, because the depression would be too much and I'm ging to want to explore and exhaust every option to get me back on my feet.
    Ok..... I read your post..... then read the 45 other replies and somewhere along the line forgot her age and without schrolling back up to check.... i typed in 94. Sorry for the 2 year mistake..... i'm sure they'll make a huge difference in the suggestions you'll get.

I wasn't trying to be mean..... i stated that..... and while I understand your love for your grandmother and why you'd want to give her a "shot" - you need to understand that at 92 years old shes just not going to be able to do the things she used to and steroids wont help that. How would you feel if you shot her up with deca and something happened? I can see if she was 50 and broke her hip and was in excellent overall health..... but at 92 years old..... theres so damn much that can go wrong. It can negatively impact her cholesterol, who knows how that added testosterone boost will affect her body...... and while I understand that insurance dictates treatments...... Deca is cheap enough that they would prescibe it to fix weak joints or bones rather than pay $5000 for a hip replacement.

The reason why HGH isn't prescribed is because it's cheaper for insurance to pay for minor health issues rather than shell out millions of dollars for HGH for the general public.

~Haz~
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......

DerrikT is offline Junior Member
    Interesting in the different school of thought from @vettewreck - '90+, so whats the point' as opposed to '90+, what have you got to lose by trying'. I guess an additional consideration would be how able she is to exercise alongside any drugs?

bruary17 is offline Member
    Couldn't disagree w you more! If you have life, you have hope. Your aspirations shouldn't be limited because of your age. I would never be ok with "Well, she's 90, she should just accept the inevitable and hang out on the porch till it arrives." F*%# that noise... her hearts still beating and she's still got fire in her eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    Ok..... I read your post..... then read the 45 other replies and somewhere along the line forgot her age and without schrolling back up to check.... i typed in 94. Sorry for the 2 year mistake..... i'm sure they'll make a huge difference in the suggestions you'll get.

I wasn't trying to be mean..... i stated that..... and while I understand your love for your grandmother and why you'd want to give her a "shot" - you need to understand that at 92 years old shes just not going to be able to do the things she used to and steroids wont help that. How would you feel if you shot her up with deca and something happened? I can see if she was 50 and broke her hip and was in excellent overall health..... but at 92 years old..... theres so damn much that can go wrong. It can negatively impact her cholesterol, who knows how that added testosterone boost will affect her body...... and while I understand that insurance dictates treatments...... Deca is cheap enough that they would prescibe it to fix weak joints or bones rather than pay $5000 for a hip replacement.

The reason why HGH isn't prescribed is because it's cheaper for insurance to pay for minor health issues rather than shell out millions of dollars for HGH for the general public.

~Haz~
    Hey, I hear ya buddy and I appreciate your general concern. I would never take it upon myself and shoot her up...only under close medical supervision. It really is a political debate, when you have someone who's mind is really sharp but body is failing...you want to pull out all the stops....and you watch that person physically crumble before you...you think real hard on how you can help.

Quote Originally Posted by Sicko View Post
    I just thought off something, It would probably make your Grandma's day to let her read all the ideas and concerned people around the USA talking about her wellbeing it sure would give you two some serious conversations topic for a good minute I reckon..
    I've already introduced her to this thread, dude. She is fascinated with it!

Please tell your grandmother "hi" from me. I would love to know what she thinks after reading all of this.

Quote Originally Posted by SlimmerMe View Post
    Please tell your grandmother "hi" from me. I would love to know what she thinks after reading all of this.
    I def will, SlimmerMe. She's amazed at all the suggestions. I think it makes her feel good. And she's ready to try anything. I'd imagine most Grandma's would shy away from the thought of taking steroids , but she's pretty badass.

Quote Originally Posted by bruary17 View Post
    I def will, SlimmerMe. She's amazed at all the suggestions. I think it makes her feel good. And she's ready to try anything. I'd imagine most Grandma's would shy away from the thought of taking steroids , but she's pretty badass.
    Make sure to tell her that HGH is not a Steroid ... but 191 amino acids!

NVR2BIG1 is offline Banned
    HGH is a great idea, because it will help strengthen bones, joints. At that age a broken hip can kill you. Def worth a shot. Whatever you do, best of luck to you. A lot of people throw someone in a nursing home to rot, or neglect the ones they're supposed to love. I think its great your trying to help like this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information