DObsessed1 is offline New Member

Interested in doing 1st, possibly only cycle...

Stats are:

Height: 5'11"
    Weight: 175lbs
    BF: 10-12%
    Experience lifting: 2+ years

What got me interested in cycling is that a friend of mine started out skinnier than me, has been training for less time, cycled for a while and is now off it but is still huge and now trains the same way that I do (naturally). Only he is much bigger and much stronger than I am. I want to pack on some mass and I'm not progressing at the rate I would like to. Therefore I have two questions.

1. Should someone of my stats even be considering cycling
    2. If I did only 1 or 2 cycles with PCT would I be able to get to a level that I can maintain with solid training and diet from that point on

**Disclaimer**
    I've read a lot of the stickies but there is so much information I'm having trouble digesting it all and determining exactly what the answer is to my questions. I'm just looking for honest opinions.

MBMETC is offline Anabolic Member
    hows your diet as it will play a key factor regarless if you cycle

BOBfromfightclub is offline Associate Member
    just wondering how long he has been off?

Quote Originally Posted by MBMETC View Post
    hows your diet as it will play a key factor regarless if you cycle
    Currently eating about 3200 cals per day. Get a good 225-250g of protein a day, fill in the rest with healthy fats and carbs (mostly complex except for post-workout).

Quote Originally Posted by BOBfromfightclub View Post
    just wondering how long he has been off?
    He's been for 6+ months now.

MaNiCC is offline AR's Think Tank - Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by DObsessed1 View Post
    Stats are:

Height: 5'11"
    Weight: 175lbs
    BF: 10-12%
    Experience lifting: 2+ years

What got me interested in cycling is that a friend of mine started out skinnier than me, has been training for less time, cycled for a while and is now off it but is still huge and now trains the same way that I do (naturally). Only he is much bigger and much stronger than I am. I want to pack on some mass and I'm not progressing at the rate I would like to. Therefore I have two questions.

1. Should someone of my stats even be considering cycling
    No, much can be still be gained naturally
    2. If I did only 1 or 2 cycles with PCT would I be able to get to a level that I can maintain with solid training and diet from that point on
    Imo you would eventually lose your gains

**Disclaimer**
    I've read a lot of the stickies but there is so much information I'm having trouble digesting it all and determining exactly what the answer is to my questions. I'm just looking for honest opinions.
    Stay natural and develop a more solid base, there is plenty of time in the future for you to join the darkside

-MaNiCC

HawaiianPride. is offline AR's Think Tank
    Get more experience in the gym. 2 years is hardly anything. With more time spent in the gym this will hopefully bring you closer to your potential/goals and give you time to toy around with different diets to assist.

K_PIN is offline Junior Member
    Dude run a simple Test E cycle @ 500mgs/wk for 10 wks. You are old enough to cycle and you will benefit from it.
    Be sure you know what PCT (post cycle therapy ) is and that you run it correctly.

That's my 2 cents. I see too many people coming here for advice these days and everyone immediately tells them they aren't ready for AAS go to Diet section blah blah blah. I know there are MANY times when they are right but i see times when I don't agree and will start voicing my opinion. Here is one of them.

If you are honestly eating the way you say your are and your stats are correct then you are ready for a simple cycle in my book. Good luck.

bruary17 is offline Member
    There are little things you can do to tweak your diet and perhaps fill out more naturally. Once you hit your natural barrier, then juice, your gains will be all that more impressive. With 2+ years in the game, your natural foundation isn't complete. Peep the diet section, bud.

HawaiianPride. is offline AR's Think Tank
    Quote Originally Posted by K_PIN View Post
    Dude run a simple Test E cycle @ 500mgs/wk for 10 wks. You are old enough to cycle and you will benefit from it.
    Be sure you know what PCT (post cycle therapy ) is and that you run it correctly.

That's my 2 cents. I see too many people coming here for advice these days and everyone immediately tells them they aren't ready for AAS go to Diet section blah blah blah. I know there are MANY times when they are right but i see times when I don't agree and will start voicing my opinion. Here is one of them.

If you are honestly eating the way you say your are and your stats are correct then you are ready for a simple cycle in my book. Good luck.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. That's the beauty about forum boards.

Now, here's what I think.

I don't give a rats ass what your stats are. You can be 250lbs, 5'10, and 8% BF. If you are underage and or don't have adequate training time under your belt, you aren't ready for steroids .

I noted that his training wasn't up to par...

Insufficient training tells many things.
    1. You are 9 times out of 10 inexperienced with your diet. Because as most people tend to do (and many I have trained) they don't even consider healthy foods as a distinguished building block, and realize a diet determines damn near everything in the world of bodybuilding, until about their 3-5th year in the sport. A good reason not touch anabolics.
    2. A lack of determination, time, and effort to see if your goals can be met without anabolic assistance. An obvious sign you should not touch anabolics.
    3. A lack of time to mature your CNS, bones, connective tissue, tendons, and joints to deal with the heavy workload, which will in turn, lead to serious injuries if you cycle. Another sign you shouldn't be touching steroids.

Now in regards to your post KPIN.

I'm not sure why you think 175lbs on a 5'11 frame with a mere 24 months of training would be considered qualified to begin enhancement drugs. It boggles my mind.

Why seek for help with drugs when you haven't taken enough time to help yourself on your own?

When you can, and could have built the proper foundation without risking any detrimental health/physical issues?

This saying comes to mind when I read things like this, "One needs to learn to walk before one can run". And at this stage, the dude is potentially setting himself up for a nasty fall at the finish line if we convince him steroids are his solution.

Quote Originally Posted by MaNiCC View Post
    Stay natural and develop a more solid base, there is plenty of time in the future for you to join the darkside

-MaNiCC
    Quote Originally Posted by K_PIN View Post

Quote Originally Posted by bruary17 View Post
    There are little things you can do to tweak your diet and perhaps fill out more naturally. Once you hit your natural barrier, then juice, your gains will be all that more impressive. With 2+ years in the game, your natural foundation isn't complete. Peep the diet section, bud.
    Quote Originally Posted by HawaiianPride. View Post
    Everyone is entitled to their opinion. That's the beauty about forum boards.

Now, here's what I think.

I don't give a rats ass what your stats are. You can be 250lbs, 5'10, and 8% BF. If you are underage and or don't have adequate training time under your belt, you aren't ready for steroids .

I noted that his training wasn't up to par...

Insufficient training tells many things.
    1. You are 9 times out of 10 inexperienced with your diet. Because as most people tend to do (and many I have trained) they don't even consider healthy foods as a distinguished building block, and realize a diet determines damn near everything in the world of bodybuilding, until about their 3-5th year in the sport. A good reason not touch anabolics.
    2. A lack of determination, time, and effort to see if your goals can be met without anabolic assistance. An obvious sign you should not touch anabolics.
    3. A lack of time to mature your CNS, bones, connective tissue, tendons, and joints to deal with the heavy workload, which will in turn, lead to serious injuries if you cycle. Another sign you shouldn't be touching steroids.

Now in regards to your post KPIN.

I'm not sure why you think 175lbs on a 5'11 frame with a mere 24 months of training would be considered qualified to begin enhancement drugs. It boggles my mind.

Why seek for help with drugs when you haven't taken enough time to help yourself on your own?

When you can, and could have built the proper foundation without risking any detrimental health/physical issues?

This saying comes to mind when I read things like this, "One needs to learn to walk before one can run". And at this stage, the dude is potentially setting himself up for a nasty fall at the finish line if we convince him steroids are his solution.
    I really appreciate everyone who responded. I guess I was looking for a quick way to reach my goal. I'm not looking to ever compete or anything I just want to be bigger and eventually lean out. With that said, I don't want to do this to the detriment of my health. I think I'll stick to being Natty for now until I get my training under my belt. The one thing I'm very confident in though is that my diet is not my issue.

Tigershark is offline "Who wants to be Clark Kent, when you can be Superman."
    3 cycles ago I said I would only do 1 cycle...lol

K_PIN is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigershark View Post
    3 cycles ago I said I would only do 1 cycle...lol
    You are so correct!

Thread Information