badmoto is offline Junior Member

Call BS on this one? Regarding Bust letter...

This doesn't make sense. A guy I know said he ordered $2000.00 in gear from a source in Germany. Claims his employer received a letter about his purchase from local law enforcement recommending drug testing and the he himself also got a letter stating that he will be fined between $300.00 and $5000.00 for the transaction. I feel that he placed a large enough order for customs and local law enforcement to do a controlled delivery but I don't quite buy this story. Any thoughts?

stack_it is offline Nothing to it, but to do it
    Seems weird to me. Steroids wouldn't show up in a employers drug test anyhow and if this is in the states there not just gonna send him a fine without pressing charges and putting the case before a judge. Either someones fvcking with your buddy or your buddy is fvcking with you.

This belongs in the lounge btw. Not really a question regarding a steroid .

big_ron is offline Anabolic Member
    Sounds like BS to me, i doubt the police would contact his work place about anything like that to prove he is using, if they knew about the drugs they would have raided.

They are not concerned about his job.

I call BS! does he owe you money or gear?

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by big_ron View Post
    Sounds like BS to me, i doubt the police would contact his work place about anything like that to prove he is using, if they knew about the drugs they would have raided.

This.

gypsy is offline Associate Member
    not sure about the laws in the U.S but wouldn't it be illegal to notify the employer of this information? and if he lost his job over false defimation he could hold a case against the police? without a case or a conviction you can't just go around telling the world someone may be a criminal. sorry but I smell bullsh!t.

songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    total BS

TopDogUK is offline Junior Member
    Whats his job?

FTLdude is offline New Member
    I'd call it BS, too. Story doesn't sound right, especially the part about notification of the employer.

Far from massive is offline Knowledgeable Member
    TopdogUK asked a pertinant question, depending on his job, many agencies/employers have you agree to a disclosure of any legal problems as a condition of employment. That aside Big Ron's question, Does he owe you money or gear? probably hits the nail right on the head.

TopDogUK is offline Junior Member
    Also if hes got the letter, get him to show you it? Also there should be an invoice he received, ask to see that. If he is telling the truth he should have no problem providing that evidence.

MBMETC is offline Anabolic Member
    put up or shut up...he probably got scammed and is embarassed to admit it to you..
    did u know he placed this order, and ahve you been asking him if he got it yet?

redz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Without a conviction that is just slander......

Far from massive is offline Knowledgeable Member
    If a package was intecepted an arrest and subsequent conviction would not always take place, its up to the state to decide whether to proceed to a criminal trial. Not having a court conviction does not make it slander. To make it slander the complaintent would have to convince a judge that the package was not ordered by the slandered party, if he used a credit card or a computer to place the order this might be kind of tough.

Slander is the oral communication of false statements that are harmful to a person's reputation. If the statements are proven to be true, it is a complete defense to a charge of slander.

Again many agencies and private businesses require the acceptance of full disclosure of any illeagal activity, I really doubt that the DEA or whomever was involved would have contacted the employer regardless of the situration unless it was one of these type of employers.

I still call BS on the whole deal and am sure the OP is to embarassed to respond.

sfour_tay is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by far from massive View Post
    topdoguk asked a pertinant question, depending on his job, many agencies/employers have you agree to a disclosure of any legal problems as a condition of employment. That aside big ron's question, does he owe you money or gear? Probably hits the nail right on the head.
    bingo

NMacFar is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by big_ron View Post

Second that

badmoto is offline Junior Member
    All of these ideas make a lot more sense than getting a fine and employer notification sent. He does not owe me money or gear, just been telling a few guys to be careful and making claims about what has happened to him. I call BS as well, I would consider it more criminal and less civil. I'm going to try and pry a little deeper just out of curiosity but I'm with you guys.

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member
    I think he's full of crap. If its true he should hire an attorney and sue some people.

iGOTstrongBICEPS is offline Junior Member
    Your buddy probably eeffed someone over and owes money .

Thread Information