Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Addictive is offline Associate Member

Fear of Needles..

Did any of you have fear of needles?
    What did you do to get over it while trying to pin?
    I hate needles! I just freak out for some reason,
    Also did it naturally just go away as you aged?

Just hoping I don't still have it when I am 25.

boz
    boz is offline R.I.P. T-Gunz Gone but, Never Forgotten.
    I was kinda on the same boat as u, 1st time i did i was sweating from head to toe, my hand shaking etc.

But once it when into my skin, it felt like a pinch was nothing i slowly pushed in further, inject slowly pulled out and woolah done, I couldn't believe that was it.

It really is nothing to work yaself up over. You just have to man up and do it really at the end of the day, and if its that bad that u can't even pin yaself, you should stick to being natural.

Also seeing how your saying when your 25, im assuming your under 25, your prob too young to be considering your 1st cycle.
    Last edited by boz; 10-30-2010 at 09:10 PM.

40plusnewbie is offline Senior Member
    I'm not, particularly since I learned that having a medication injected is more efficient/effective compared to one taken orally and also it bypasses the liver that way so you liver doesn't have to do as much work (less wear and tear). But I was never afraid of them, I never injected myself until I was over 40, never scared of them from nurses or whatever.

lowblow is offline New Member
    I was never a big fan of needles. First couple times I had a gym buddy inject me. I gradually started doing it myself in the butt. Always found it a bit awkward though. This time around I bought some 25 gauge 1" pins to try my quads. No problems! Other than a knot in each leg for about a day afterward. The 25's work well even with oil based products.

Quote Originally Posted by boz88 View Post
    I was kinda on the same boat as u, 1st time i did i was sweating from head to toe, my hand shaking etc.

But once it when into my skin, it felt like a pinch was nothing i slowly pushed in further, inject slowly pulled out and woolah done, I couldn't believe that was it.

It really is nothing to work yaself up over. You just have to man up and do it really at the end of the day, and if its that bad that u can't even pin yaself, you should stick to being natural.

Also seeing how your saying when your 25, im assuming your under 25, your prob too young to be considering your 1st cycle.
    Haha, With your hands shaking wasn't it scary to pin?
    Yea, I know I'm not I'm only 18. I even posted a topic about the young and aas.
    http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...IH.&highlight=

EDIT:Lowblow, do you feel pinning in your quad was better then in the glutes?

boz
    Not scared just awkward and nervous, cause it was shaking i was thinking it was going to shake while stuck in my quad.
    That being said hitting a nerve was my main concern whilst the shacking was going on.

Very good post, also nice to see u have your head screwed on, leave it like that

I loved pinning my quads and delts, i have never touched my glutes, so yes i do feel it was better. Also remember that delts are a small injection site, that can take only 1ml.

Yea, I was wondering if you felt your hands shaking when it was in. Damn, have you ever hit a nerve? if so, how did it feel?
    Thanks! haha, Yea I mean I think by the time I'm 25 I'll be close to my natural limit (lifting for 7 years by then) so it's in my profit to wait.

Delts seem like it would hurt like hell. Whenever I do, I'll probably do inner and outer quads and rotate.

EDIT: Double post

BrnstrM is offline New Member
    It's funny, I was deathly afraid of needles until I was 17 years old. I actually don't remember this now, but when I was little (like 4) my pediatrician was giving me a shot and like many kids I struggled - but I was a big kid and he was a tiny dude so the needle wound up hitting my bone and bending and apparently hurt so bad for the next 13/14 years the fact I had to get shots in the future kept me up at night.

Well at 17 I was a 6' 205 lb. all-county fullback and linebacker who had been lifting since 8th grade and I when I went in to get my preseason physical they made me get a Tetanus shot. I was literally trying to talk my way out of it and was almost in tears and the only reason I probably didn't run out was the doctor was hot and I was embaressed. She gave me the shot and I literally felt nothing. I couldn't believe it and asked for every vaccination I could get - wound up having HEP A, B and some other random thing that day.

I will say giving myself a shot for the first time was not easy - I think the fear with this stuff is the fact you are putting something foreign into your body and we are so used to medical people doing it that we don't trust ourselves - well in short order you will trust old number one much more than anyone in the medical field and will even wish you could do all your shots yourself. Most of the time its relatively painless - some discomfort trying to pin glutes at odd angles sometimes - or accidentally flexing the thigh when pinning there - but its never been worse than a blood test, and certainly nothing like getting an IV started on you.

If you ever get into HGH you will really start to enjoy shots!

gymbob is offline New Member
    dude i just fired up my first cycle, im 3 shots in.. i wasnt scared because i researched for years, played it over and over in my head, each step of the injection, when it came to it i didnt even think, i just went for it, its nothing! i was shaking so bad though i thought id break the needle so i left 2mm sticking out. i think the concensous is once your first one is over you wondered what all the fuss was about. just research and learn about how to do it. you tube IM injection, youll see some pretty nerdy wienery kids shooting themselves. i chose glutes, no pain at all, less blood vessels and nerves to hit, pretty safe. i actually kind of enjoy it now, just because i knwo whats going in

Quote Originally Posted by BrnstrM View Post
    It's funny, I was deathly afraid of needles until I was 17 years old. I actually don't remember this now, but when I was little (like 4) my pediatrician was giving me a shot and like many kids I struggled - but I was a big kid and he was a tiny dude so the needle wound up hitting my bone and bending and apparently hurt so bad for the next 13/14 years the fact I had to get shots in the future kept me up at night.

Well at 17 I was a 6' 205 lb. all-county fullback and linebacker who had been lifting since 8th grade and I when I went in to get my preseason physical they made me get a Tetanus shot. I was literally trying to talk my way out of it and was almost in tears and the only reason I probably didn't run out was the doctor was hot and I was embaressed. She gave me the shot and I literally felt nothing. I couldn't believe it and asked for every vaccination I could get - wound up having HEP A, B and some other random thing that day.

I will say giving myself a shot for the first time was not easy - I think the fear with this stuff is the fact you are putting something foreign into your body and we are so used to medical people doing it that we don't trust ourselves - well in short order you will trust old number one much more than anyone in the medical field and will even wish you could do all your shots yourself. Most of the time its relatively painless - some discomfort trying to pin glutes at odd angles sometimes - or accidentally flexing the thigh when pinning there - but its never been worse than a blood test, and certainly nothing like getting an IV started on you.

If you ever get into HGH you will really start to enjoy shots!
    See that's the thing! I've had kidney stones (8 to be exact) so IV's and Bloodwork has happened a lot to me. I always freak out about needles but when it's done I was think "that's it?" but, next time I see a needle, I start to freak out again! I really don't know whats up haha.

boz
    Quote Originally Posted by Addictive View Post
    Yea, I was wondering if you felt your hands shaking when it was in. Damn, have you ever hit a nerve? if so, how did it feel?
    Thanks! haha, Yea I mean I think by the time I'm 25 I'll be close to my natural limit (lifting for 7 years by then) so it's in my profit to wait.

Delts seem like it would hurt like hell. Whenever I do, I'll probably do inner and outer quads and rotate.
    Nah never hit a nerve *touch wood*

Delts are great, hardly no pain what so ever.

Yeah just keep doing what your doing now, and it will all fall into place eventually.

InknSteel is offline Associate Member
    I didn't really have a fear of needles, more a fear of doing it myself. I've had a bunch of surgeries so many many many IV's, blood work & shots. As long as I didn't watch it I was fine so obviously self injecting was kinda freaking me out. My first shot I was sitting on my bed sweating and shaking like a leaf with my pants down around my ankles (quad shot) and the needle in hand. After about 30min my wife came in and just rolled her eyes at me like I was a ***** (which I was lol) that gave me the little push I needed to just jab it in. After that I haven't had any issues pinning. I have hit nerves in my quad, it's a weird pain but not horrible. I have to say delts have been the easiest for me by far. I tend to hit nerves about every 3rd or 4th shot when I pin quads. If you have a fear of needles I don't think it will just go away, you will get used to doing it though just need to suck it up and once you see how easy it is you will be fine.

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    You're only 18, so why are you worrying about this already?
    If you are still afraid of needles in 7 years, then don't worry about using AAS. Simple as that.

gonejeepin is offline Associate Member
    im 7 wks into my 1st cycle, i was terrified of needles, got really worked up over my first shot....now its a breeze, i pin quads, i just stick it in in one swift motion, take about 30seconds to inject then pull it out, i seriously dont feel a thing, no pinch going in, nothing, just some pain at the inj site the next day.

aPlinker is offline Junior Member
    Sounds like you guys perfect quads over glutes. Is this just because of the angles involved?

nath78 is offline Associate Member
    I ****in h8 needles,dont know why,but i just do,im lucky my gf does them for me now,but i used to do them myself in the delts,the way i think of it is if you want to commit to using steroids ,youve just got to do it,get prepped sit at your pc desk rest your forearm on the table and aim at your delt,the worst part is thinking about getting it in,so just aim dont think and push straight in,whence it in its easy then just asperate then inject,when youve don it once its easy then on...good luck m8!

ironclad is offline New Member
    I hate needles pretty badly, I got drunk to do my 1st thigh shot then realised it don't hurt at all lol.
    Now I'm scared of injecting because I stuck 20cc of god knows what in me and got fvck all.

MACHINE5150 is offline "AR's Vanilla Gorilla"
    I'm one of those sick fvckers that cuts and burns himself for the thrill of the pain.. so i enjoy stabbing myself with a needle, fortunately.

SlimJoe is offline Banned
    personally i have never expericned pain injecting the aftermath is worse lol

lowblow is offline New Member
    Haha, With your hands shaking wasn't it scary to pin?
    Yea, I know I'm not I'm only 18. I even posted a topic about the young and aas.
    http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...IH.&highlight=

EDIT:Lowblow, do you feel pinning in your quad was better then in the glutes?
    I much prefer the quad. Other than a little tightness a day or two after, it is easier to not only see what you are doing. But also to push the plunger in. It's almost hard to feel a sharp 25g going in.

savking is offline Junior Member
    as with anything the first time is always the tricky one, after that its just seamless. just dont get to casual with the prep, theres always the risk of infection and other **** ups. look at greg valentino (just an example not a fan of his work) he claimed to of dropped a pin and still use it which caused his right bi to become infected and nows its even more disfigured than before!

I try to rotate the shot around (two glutes, two thighs) and am always happy when its a thigh because its so much easier to pin than glute. I am sure pinning thigh every time is not an issue at all, but for some reason its just what I do. As for soreness, the first two shots wherever they are will be sore as f***, but by shot 4 you should barely feel it the next day.

Seems like it's the first one that really freaks everyone out.
    @gonejeeping I thought that you're suppose to stick it in slow, inject slow, and pull out slow? maybe I just over analyzed it.
    @machine5151 damn masochists! that's pretty crazy, you should try to join jackass =P

SlimJoe is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MACHINE5150 View Post
    I'm one of those sick fvckers that cuts and burns himself for the thrill of the pain.. so i enjoy stabbing myself with a needle, fortunately.
    you need help mate

Bigjerdog is offline Associate Member
    I never had a fear of needles til I let my wife do my first pin.. I think she actually enjoyed it. Now Im scared

DCannon is offline Knowledgeable Member
    The gauge of needles needed for AAS don't hurt at all. I'm on dialysis and have to needle my bicep with 15ga 1" needles, they suck!

Quote Originally Posted by DCannon View Post
    The gauge of needles needed for AAS don't hurt at all. I'm on dialysis and have to needle my bicep with 15ga 1" needles, they suck!
    15g?!!?

Isn't quads like 27g 1"?

If you are using a 27 for anything I would hope you are using a lower gauge (like 18) to suck up the test. Getting a cc of anything oil based would take like 5 minutes for a 27g. 25 gauge is bad enough at like a minute and a half!

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    It's just something you have to learn to get over or get use to. I didn't pin until I was 45. I am 3 years in and I still don't LIKE to pin. It doesn't hurt, doesn't bother me but I don't LIKE it. If I take to long I can feel the anxiety starting up and get nervous but I know I need to do it.
    It's just one of those things in life you have to learn to man up and do it.

codeegee is offline Junior Member
    Blog Entries
    Did my first pin today... Had a couple pump up songs going in my bedroom, and when I finally put it in I almost laughed. My excitement for it was more then my fear of it, luckily, cause after it was all said and done it was a BREEZE. Not too worried about shot #2. Oh and I did right glute, the angle was a little tough, but 16 hours later I barely feel any soreness (knock on wood)

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by codeegee View Post
    Did my first pin today... Had a couple pump up songs going in my bedroom, and when I finally put it in I almost laughed. My excitement for it was more then my fear of it, luckily, cause after it was all said and done it was a BREEZE. Not too worried about shot #2. Oh and I did right glute, the angle was a little tough, but 16 hours later I barely feel any soreness (knock on wood)
    Good to hear and remember, inject SLOW or you will be feeling it.

DCannon is offline Knowledgeable Member
    15g?!!?

Isn't quads like 27g 1"?
    I use 23g for my quads. I was just saying for dialysis I use 15g.

Quote Originally Posted by DCannon View Post
    I use 23g for my quads. I was just saying for dialysis I use 15g.
    Yea, I was just comparing.
    Wow I am surprised at how many people had a minor fear toward needles.
    Guess manning up is the way to go! (or someone else do it ha)

yoyoma1 is offline Junior Member
    I definitely had a fear of needles before I did my first pin. on the day of my first shot i held the needle and I wanted to see how much it was going to hurt so i took an empty syringe/needle and poked my butt. i was thinking i would feel it poke a little, to my surprise it went all the way in and was painless. i couldnt believe it, ever since...no fear, and no pain when injecting.

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    I get weekly injections underneath my knee caps. My doc is really hot and let's me play with her titties when she does it.

Ok... I may have exaggerated a little bit here =)

Old thread I know), just interested on more stories!
    Also could possibly help someone who is nervous about injecting.

Far from massive is offline Knowledgeable Member
    If you have a fear of needles keep in mind orals are hard on the liver. Look up needle biopsy of the liver (a standard test for liver damage) on u tube. Once you see an 8 inch needle sunk into somones side you will no longer have a fear of those little fvkrs we use.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_A3aSUCmHo

xelnaga is offline Banned
    After force feeding yourself calories everyday for months/years; a needle loses its fear factor.

denverpride is offline Associate Member
    Really isn't that bad. Part of the course if you want to partake

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information