newbjuicer10 is offline Associate Member

Zolpidem and sleep patterns

I was prescribed temazepam by my doctor for my insomia but it was useless even at 30mg so next was zopiclone 3.75mg increased to 7.5mg with no success. Iv'e had zolpidem in the past with good results so i will be getting a script for this next. I have a question though, how does it affect you natural sleep pattern, i mean iv'e read that benzos disturb you natural patterns but havent on zolpidem. Aslo is there any sleep meds over the counter/prescribed that dont affect it or at least not as much out there.

Just to mention i have tried all the natural ways ranging from not using the computer or watching tv 2 hours before bed, make the room dark, wear eye mask with ear plugs in, avoid caffeine 6 hours before even the whole day. Iv'e tried velrian root, gaba and a few others. None of this was effective.
    Last edited by newbjuicer10; 11-01-2010 at 09:05 AM.

BrnstrM is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by newbjuicer10 View Post
    I was prescribed temazepam by my doctor for my insomia but it was useless even at 30mg so next was zopiclone 3.75mg increased to 7.5mg with no success. Iv'e had zolpidem in the past with good results so i will be getting a script for this next. I have a question though, how does it affect you natural sleep pattern, i mean iv'e read that benzos disturb you natural patterns but havent on zolpidem. Aslo is there any sleep meds over the counter/prescribed that dont affect it or at least not as much out there.

Just to mention i have tried all the natural ways ranging from not using the computer or watching tv 2 hours before bed, make the room dark, wear eye mask with ear plugs in, avoid caffeine 6 hours before even the whole day. Iv'e tried velrian root, gaba and a few others. None of this was effective.
    Sleep issues are the worst man. I took an Ambien occasionally on this last cycle (haven't needed it since I started HGH) and one of the big points the doc made to me was that it allows a normal sleeping pattern - its actually very subtle in how it effects your brain to put you to sleep unlike benzos which are more of a brute force - hence it screwing with other systems that throw off sleep quality. In fact one of the interesting things about Ambien is that if you take it without the intent of going to sleep it will not make you nearly as drowsy as benzos or antihistamines.

Good luck!

Thread Information