T-99 is offline New Member

Question Ok so my ankles are swelling and my nips feel funny :|

I'm starting my 4th week of a 10 week cycle. I'm taking 25mg of D-Bols/day for 4 weeks(kick start) and shooting 1mL of Test-C twice a week for 10 weeks. I'm 35 and this is my first cycle. My goal is to put on mass.
    Alright, so I'm gaining weight, strength and size. Everything's good. Except a few concerns. My nipples are feeling a bit sensitive and I'm retaining water. My mood's also a bit up and down. I have Novaldex and Clomid for pct.
    My question is, would it be wise to start into the pct now, this early in the cycle to counteract the effects of estrogen, or wait? I don't mind the water retention so much, it's just the bitch tits I don't wanna deal with, if in fact they're on their way. Any positive advice would be appreciated. Cheers.

BOBfromfightclub is offline Associate Member
    How many mg of Test C? 1mL doesn't help much...

You wouldn't start your PCT, but you may wanna add a AI into your cycle.

MBMETC is offline Anabolic Member
    what are you stats, mainly bf%

Quote Originally Posted by BOBfromfightclub View Post
    How many mg of Test C? 1mL doesn't help much...

You wouldn't start your PCT, but you may wanna add a AI into your cycle.
    500mg per week, split into two 250mg shots.

I have Novaldex for the AI.

tdiddy is offline Junior Member
    I would start using 20mg at least of Nolvadex now, and stop the test. Run the Nolva till it's gone, and start the Clomid two weeks after your last shot. If possible, increase the Nolva dose to 40mg when pct actually starts.

This is just what I think and I could be wrong

EDIT: Wait wait wait. I thought you were 10 weeks into the cycle lol. It's up to you if you stop. I wouldn;t if I had enough Nolva to run 20-40mg throughout
    Last edited by tdiddy; 11-01-2010 at 08:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MBMETC View Post
    what are you stats, mainly bf%
    I'm not exactly sure on the bf%....I've put on 20 pounds in 3 weeks and some of it has been fat for sure due to my main focus being bulking. I'm 5'8 and I weighed 170 pre cycle....now I'm 190 after 3 weeks. Before my cycle I was between 17 and 18% bf.

MACHINE5150 is offline "AR's Vanilla Gorilla"
    get some ldex from AR-R and run that at .5 Mg EOD or ED.. as i assume you do not have enough nolvadex to run this the whole cycle and you would be better off with a stronger AI suxh as arimidex .. Ar-R Ldex is arimidex so get that, order now and you should get it in a couple days.. but take nolvadex at 40mg ED until you receive the Adex..

Quote Originally Posted by Little View Post
    I would start using 20mg at least of Nolvadex now, and stop the test. Run the Nolva till it's gone, and start the Clomid two weeks after your last shot. If possible, increase the Nolva dose to 40mg when pct actually starts.

This is just what I think and I could be wrong
    Yeah, I have 100 caps at 20mg ea, and I took one earlier tonight. But stop the test? Man, that would blow. Could it be the D-Bols?

tdiddy is offline Junior Member
    Dbols cause bloat-yes. And I edited my post about stopping the cycle. I wouldn't if I had enough AI

Quote Originally Posted by MACHINE5150 View Post
    get some ldex from AR-R and run that at .5 Mg EOD or ED.. as i assume you do not have enough nolvadex to run this the whole cycle and you would be better off with a stronger AI suxh as arimidex.. Ar-R Ldex is arimidex so get that, order now and you should get it in a couple days.. but take nolvadex at 40mg ED until you receive the Adex..
    Do you think it's necessary to stop the test? I'll have to look into getting the Idex...

Quote Originally Posted by Little View Post
    Dbols cause bloat-yes. And I edited my post about stopping the cycle. I wouldn't if I had enough AI
    Alright cool..that's a bit of a relief. :P So do you think 100 caps @ 20mg of Novaldex is good enough to last through to the end of pct? I have 6.5 weeks of test-c left.

MACHINE5150 is offline "AR's Vanilla Gorilla"
    Quote Originally Posted by T-99 View Post
    Do you think it's necessary to stop the test? I'll have to look into getting the Idex...
    if you have enough nolvadex then you are fine with it.. didn't know you had a hundred pills.. so just run 40mg a day but you will need to buy more nolvadex because 100 pills won't last you the rest of your cycle and your PCT.. perhaps drop off the nolvadex a week after the Dbols... it could be the Dbols causing the bloat.

Quote Originally Posted by MACHINE5150 View Post
    if you have enough nolvadex then you are fine with it.. didn't know you had a hundred pills.. so just run 40mg a day but you will need to buy more nolvadex because 100 pills won't last you the rest of your cycle and your PCT.. perhaps drop off the nolvadex a week after the Dbols... it could be the Dbols causing the bloat.
    Sounds good....I'll start taking the Novaldex at least until I'm done with the D-Bols and see how it goes from there. Thanks for the advice, man!

LouHulk is offline Associate Member
    Just a quick note, Nolvadex is not an AI it's a SERM. There is a big difference. Nolvadex will do nothing for your bloat. All Nolvadex does is block estrogen from binding to your breast tissue. An AI would actually lower your estrogen levels and therefore hopefully helping the bloat. A-dex or Liquid Stane would be a better option for estrogen control.

jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LouHulk View Post
    Just a quick note, Nolvadex is not an AI it's a SERM. There is a big difference. Nolvadex will do nothing for your bloat. All Nolvadex does is block estrogen from binding to your breast tissue. An AI would actually lower your estrogen levels and therefore hopefully helping the bloat. A-dex or Liquid Stane would be a better option for estrogen control.
    Now im not saying an AI may not be a better choice HOWEVER nolva binds to the estrogen receptor - blocking estrogen from doing so(simplified explination). Therefore the estrogen cant exert its effects - one or which is h20 retention. So it WILL reduce bloat.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyinkedup View Post
    Now im not saying an AI may not be a better choice HOWEVER nolva binds to the estrogen receptor - blocking estrogen from doing so(simplified explination). Therefore the estrogen cant exert its effects - one or which is h20 retention. So it WILL reduce bloat.
    Nolva will not help bloat, you need to actually lower your estrogen levels to lower the sides. From personal experience of using nolva and AI's. Nolva will not help the bloat, go with an AI.

Blog Entries
    ^Look i m not going to take the time to lay out the scientific reasons your wrong along with the years of cycling experience under my belt to say you are wrong either. Suffice it to say - you are incorrect. HOWEVER - we do agree an AI may be the best choice.
    Last edited by jimmyinkedup; 11-01-2010 at 10:29 PM.

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyinkedup View Post
    Nolva only binds to ERs in BREAST TISSUE. It doesn't reduce bloat.

Blog Entries
    ^You know i started typing so much info and referring to info sources to prove my point etc. Bottom line - believe what you want. I know this for sure - both of you that said it has no effect on bloat have 100% - for sure - never used it at a time where you would notice the difference. That i know for sure. Otherwise the above statements wouldnt be made. We agree to disagree.

Where is a vet when you need them?

shennen is offline Associate Member
    Must be time for a supplement break

Update:

Last night was the worst of the water around the ankles. I took my 25mg of D-Bol a couple of hours before my workout like usual, then hit the gym at 4ish. I went out later that night and did some walking. I could tell my feet were bloated. When I got back home, I sat down and took off my socks :O I looked down and saw a large indent where the elastic of the socks were. My leg was bloated above the sock line and below around my ankles down to the tops of my feet. Normally, I have slender feet with a lot of vascularity and seeing the bones in my ankles are not a problem at all, but last night was different. The skin must have protruded about a good half inch away from the ankle...it was difficult to even feel my ankles with my fingers and there was no vascularity. I gotta admit it was a bit scary looking, lol, but I didn't feel any pain and my foot had the same mobility and usual feelings other than the appearance.

Is this something to worry about? I mean, if the only bad thing about bloating/water retention is the appearance, then I can deal with it, as I only have another week left of the D-Bols. But if there are serious sides to the bloating, then maybe I should cut them(the D-Bols) out today because even though I have a bit of bloating in my ankles/feet now, it's not near as bad as in the evenings until after the D-Bol has taken full effect.

tjax03 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by T-99 View Post
    Update:

Last night was the worst of the water around the ankles. I took my 25mg of D-Bol a couple of hours before my workout like usual, then hit the gym at 4ish. I went out later that night and did some walking. I could tell my feet were bloated. When I got back home, I sat down and took off my socks :O I looked down and saw a large indent where the elastic of the socks were. My leg was bloated above the sock line and below around my ankles down to the tops of my feet. Normally, I have slender feet with a lot of vascularity and seeing the bones in my ankles are not a problem at all, but last night was different. The skin must have protruded about a good half inch away from the ankle...it was difficult to even feel my ankles with my fingers and there was no vascularity. I gotta admit it was a bit scary looking, lol, but I didn't feel any pain and my foot had the same mobility and usual feelings other than the appearance.

Is this something to worry about? I mean, if the only bad thing about bloating/water retention is the appearance, then I can deal with it, as I only have another week left of the D-Bols. But if there are serious sides to the bloating, then maybe I should cut them(the D-Bols) out today because even though I have a bit of bloating in my ankles/feet now, it's not near as bad as in the evenings until after the D-Bol has taken full effect.
    Just be sure to monitor your blood pressure. What you are describing is called pitting edema. Excess water retention can be associated with high blood pressure. If your BP is very high you should probably just stop taking the dbol . Also if the edema does not stop after the dbol is discontinued experiment with AI dosage to reduce the bloat to a comfortable level. Do not use nolva, it does not reduce estrogen bloat. Finally, not trying to scare you, but if after your cycle you are still experiencing this bloating, you should head to the doctor ASAP. At that point I would expect the bloat to be resulting from some sort of kidney issue. However I don't think this is actually your problem, just informing you of the most likely alternative causes.

hugoboss is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LouHulk View Post
    Where is a vet when you need them?
    Thats hilarious... The dude youre arguing with is pretty much a vet man... And you want a vet to back you up...hahahaha gold

vaders4 is offline Member
    Same exact thing happened to me when I ran a dbol only cylce (10 years ago, don't judge me).

My ankles would blow up. I don't remember how many I was taking a day. I was doing a "Pyramid" cycle from what I remember.

I'm willing to bet if you stop the dbols you'll stop the ankle bloat.

Thanks for all the replies so far!

Ok, so what I'm getting is that the only negative aspect of the bloating ankles other than aesthetics is it could be high blood pressure. Are there any other concerns with the bloating that anyone knows of?

asto_86 is offline New Member
    same thing goes on with me an the ankle bloating! I absolutely hate it. Im not on dbols though... im on 600 test, 350 tren ace. I ordered up some letro and it hasnt flared up since.

Thread Information