why are 1 rep strength gains not losing but 5-10 rep gains losing fast in some areas?

I just did a cycle of

test c 500mg week 1-11
    a-drol 50mg week 1-10 i figured since i was only on 50mg of a-drol it would be safe to do it for 10 weeks, ill only go 6 week max next time.
    sustaplex 650mg 12-15

pct is

nolva 40/40/20/20
    Clomid 100/100/50/50 ill probably end up extending my pct to 6 weeks

I'm almost at week 3 at my pct and although while i appear to be keeping gains and muscle pretty well.. my 4-10 rep max bench is going way below where it was (if this keeps up, then in no time my 4-10rep max will be where it was before cycle), even though my one rep max is maybe 5, at the most 10 pounds lower then it was off cycle.

setian is offline Associate Member
    Weird. I am currently almost at 3 week PCT also. I have lost 10 lbs. But my strength is the same if not higher than on the cycle.

Skyler is offline I thought I knew it all...WRONG!
    Your fast twitch fibers, specifically the fast twich type B fibers, are maintaining their attained hypertrophy. Where as your slow twitch fibers are starting to atrophy.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyler View Post
    Your fast twitch fibers, specifically the fast twich type B fibers, are maintaining their attained hypertrophy. Where as your slow twitch fibers are starting to atrophy.
    dang that sucks, you sure it might not be due to other things like low test, carbs? i think its odd that i haven't really noticed a big 4-10 rep decrease in any other exercises.

Skyler is offline I thought I knew it all...WRONG!
    I am not sure of anything. I don't know you, and can't "study" any of the variables such as your diet, training, rep speed, sets, reps, total volume you use, whether you pre exhaust your muscles or not, etc etc etc etc etc

Just saying, slow twitch fibers are used for repetition
    fast twitch fibers are used for power
    So if you are the type of guy that can't due very many reps, even with light weight, but your one rep power is through the roof, than you have a dominant amount of fast twitch fibers. If you notice that your one rep max isn't very high, but you can take 80%-90% of your one rep max and do it for reps pretty easily, than you have dominant slow twitch fibers.

So when you describe that your one rep power is still great, I credit that to great fast twitch fibers. When you say your repetition with lighter weight is going to hell, I credit that to your slow twitch fibers going to hell.

But it could be anything.

Thread Information