notsureifsrs is offline New Member

How long should i wait before cutting after PCT?

I did a 10weeks test e cycle with nolva for PCT
    now im eating around 500g of carbs clean (from whole food)
    cals really high, and i got some fat that i want to cut down ( i started the cycle extremely lean and i gained good amount of mass but also some fat and water)
    i was thinking about slowly adding LISS cardio for 30mins
    till the point i will able to do 4 sessions a week and than start to cut slowly carbs.

bump

The Titan99 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    I'm also interested in some opinions/ideas regarding this...

scotty51312 is offline Transformation Challenge Trainer
    Id say a minimum of 4 weeks. Give your body time to get use to carrying that extra muscle mass. I finished up PCT and am just eating maintenance calories for 8 weeks and going to start cutting soon. Don't wanna rush and loose what you worked to gain on you cycle. That ammount of carbs is a little extreme. Whats your protien intake look like? I'd start by droping your diet to maintenance calories, then eat a split of 40%protien 45%carbs 15%fat. Post up your complete diet with macro's and your TDEE and I'll help you out

Quote Originally Posted by scotty51312 View Post
    Id say a minimum of 4 weeks. Give your body time to get use to carrying that extra muscle mass. I finished up PCT and am just eating maintenance calories for 8 weeks and going to start cutting soon. Don't wanna rush and loose what you worked to gain on you cycle. That ammount of carbs is a little extreme. Whats your protien intake look like? I'd start by droping your diet to maintenance calories, then eat a split of 40%protien 45%carbs 15%fat. Post up your complete diet with macro's and your TDEE and I'll help you out
    well im not adding anymore weight so it looks like what i am on now is my maintenance.

i eat 4000cals
    370 protein
    480 carbs
    55 fat
    ( getting my carbs from brown rice and oatmeal )
    what is TDEE?

btw i didn't change anything in the diet since wk8 on (sometimes during pct i added another 20-50 carbs when i felt that i need to)
    and during the 2wks off before pct i dropped 5 pounds ( mostly water ofc)
    atm if i wont drop my cals so at least i will start getting back to some light cardio

Ok. TDEE is your Total daily energy expenditure. Google it theres a simple formula for figuring it up. Its basically how much calories you burn in a day on average. Unless you're 260lbs at 12% bodyfat and run 15 miles a week, i doubt your TDEE is 4000 calories. Spend a little time in the diet section. There are lots of threads there to outline a good cutting diet. 370grams of protien is also a little high unless you're close to the stats i mentioned above.

Blog Entries
    About 5 weeks ago I had spine surgery for some long time nerve problems. The surgery was a 100% success and the Dr. said I could go back to heavy training. I've been advised to take a 2 month break from training but 2 weeks was all I could do. I've started a 4 week low volume, 80% max prime. My stats are as follows..

Weight:230
    Height:6'2"
    BF%: 11-12

Cycle exp. 3 cycles - 12 week Test/Deca

I was on week 18 of two 8 week cycles with a 2 week bridge in between when I had the surgery. I'm now on a 500 mg Sustanon 250 bridge until the end of the month, then I see the Doc and will start 8 weeks of high volume, high weight training with 1 gram Test/750 mg Deca/40 mg Anavar ed/ 100 mg Proviron / HCG 250 iu's twice a week. Week 9 and 10 will be lower volume training and 500 mg Test followed by 6 weeks PCT Colmid and Tamox. Whew!!

Now, my TDEE is 3700 cal and I've been on a slow cut of 350p/230carb/85f. The last 2 weeks of my prime I was wanting to drop the protein and raise the carbs to prepare for the big burst. So 230p/330carb/85f. Does this sound good? For my bulk cycle I was wondering how you guys might suggest changing the macros? Maybe leave everything the same but roll protein up to 380/400? Here's my diet currently. It really doesn't change much and it's all clean with the exception of a few beers here and there.

Cardio

Meal 1
    1 scoop whey protein
    1 cup oatmeal
    1 cup orange juice
    1/2 cup o% milk
    10 egg whites

Meal 2
    110 grams multi grain bread
    220 grams extra lean ground beef

Meal 3
    215 grams grilled chicken breast
    3 cups salad
    1 tbs. olive oil
    35 grams raw cashews

Workout

Meal 4
    2 scoops whey protein
    1 cup OJ
    1/2 cup 0% milk
    10 egg whites

Meal 5
    2 cups boiled shrimp in salad

Meal 6
    3 boiled eggs

Any input is greatly appreciated, especially if you see any glaring problems.

I don't want to be a thread hijacking douchebag, just thought you might kill two birds with one stone...
    Last edited by The Titan99; 11-14-2010 at 08:05 AM.

bigslick7878 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Titan99 View Post
    About 5 weeks ago I had spine surgery for some long time nerve problems. The surgery was a 100% success and the Dr. said I could go back to heavy training. I've been advised to take a 2 month break from training but 2 weeks was all I could do. I've started a 4 week low volume, 80% max prime. My stats are as follows..

Weight:230
    Height:6'2"
    BF%: 11-12

Cycle exp. 3 cycles - 12 week Test/Deca

I was on week 18 of two 8 week cycles with a 2 week bridge in between when I had the surgery. I'm now on a 500 mg Sustanon 250 bridge until the end of the month, then I see the Doc and will start 8 weeks of high volume, high weight training with 1 gram Test/750 mg Deca/40 mg Anavar ed/ 100 mg Proviron / HCG 250 iu's twice a week. Week 9 and 10 will be lower volume training and 500 mg Test followed by 6 weeks PCT Colmid and Tamox. Whew!!

Now, my TDEE is 3700 cal and I've been on a slow cut of 350p/230carb/85f. The last 2 weeks of my prime I was wanting to drop the protein and raise the carbs to prepare for the big burst. So 230p/330carb/85f. Does this sound good? For my bulk cycle I was wondering how you guys might suggest changing the macros? Maybe leave everything the same but roll protein up to 380/400? Here's my diet currently. It really doesn't change much and it's all clean with the exception of a few beers here and there.

Cardio

Meal 1
    1 scoop whey protein
    1 cup orange juice
    1/2 cup o% milk
    10 egg whites

Meal 2
    110 grams multi grain bread
    220 grams extra lean ground beef

Meal 3
    215 grams grilled chicken breast
    3 cups salad
    1 tbs. olive oil
    35 grams raw cashews

Workout

Meal 4
    2 scoops whey protein
    1 cup OJ
    1/2 cup 0% milk
    10 egg whites

Meal 5
    2 cups boiled shrimp

Meal 6
    3 boiled eggs

Any input is greatly appreciated, especially if you see any glaring problems.

I don't want to be a thread hijacking douchebag, just thought you might kill two birds with one stone...
    1. Your TDEE is not anywhere near 3700. You need to do the calculations with your LBM not total weight. Which leads us to......

2. You are not 11-12% bodyfat. More like 16 if that is you in the avatar, could be more hard to tell from that pic.

3. With that said your TDEE is about 2700. Yeah a 1000 calories is a pretty big difference. Even if you bump it to the next activity level it is still around 2900. (This is assuming you don't do manual labor everyday at whatever job you have)

4. Not following you on your macro breakdown, it should be around 40/40/20.

As to the topic at hand, you should wait until PCT is over or about 4 weeks and then slowly start to cut. Just some very minor changes in diet and cardio, keep doing that over and 8 -12 week period and gradually adjust it so by the 8th week you are getting into a true cut plan with a lot of cardio and a decent calorie deficit.

Start a thread about the diet in the diet thread, you will get better help from the regulars over there.

Ok. TDEE is your Total daily energy expenditure. Google it theres a simple formula for figuring it up. Its basically how much calories you burn in a day on average. Unless you're 260lbs at 12% bodyfat and run 15 miles a week, i doubt your TDEE is 4000 calories. Spend a little time in the diet section. There are lots of threads there to outline a good cutting diet. 370grams of protien is also a little high unless you're close to the stats i mentioned above.
    Well my TDEE probably isn't 4000cals but im in the same weight already 2wks so i don't know... but i will check the diet section thanks

anyway what im asking is, if just done my pct yesterday, can i drop cals and change my diet ( slowly lower my protein and carbs intake) or at least can i start doing cardio so i wont lose my gains?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bigslick7878 View Post
    1. Your TDEE is not anywhere near 3700. You need to do the calculations with your LBM not total weight. Which leads us to......Well, I've completely screwed up the TDEE directions. That said, eating 3300 cals I've dropped 20 lbs of fat since that pic was taken. Must have been the cardio...

2. You are not 11-12% bodyfat. More like 16 if that is you in the avatar, could be more hard to tell from that pic. Just using a formula on the internet.

3. With that said your TDEE is about 2700. Yeah a 1000 calories is a pretty big difference. Even if you bump it to the next activity level it is still around 2900. (This is assuming you don't do manual labor everyday at whatever job you have) I'm a dive instructor. You figure TDEE from LBM?

4. Not following you on your macro breakdown, it should be around 40/40/20. Macros as stated above... 350 protein, 230 carb 85 fat

As to the topic at hand, you should wait until PCT is over or about 4 weeks and then slowly start to cut. Just some very minor changes in diet and cardio, keep doing that over and 8 -12 week period and gradually adjust it so by the 8th week you are getting into a true cut plan with a lot of cardio and a decent calorie deficit.What do you think, 500 or 1000?

Start a thread about the diet in the diet thread, you will get better help from the regulars over there.
    Will do!!

Quote Originally Posted by notsureifsrs View Post
    Well my TDEE probably isn't 4000cals but im in the same weight already 2wks so i don't know... but i will check the diet section thanks

anyway what im asking is, if just done my pct yesterday, can i drop cals and change my diet ( slowly lower my protein and carbs intake) or at least can i start doing cardio so i wont lose my gains?
    Once you figure out your TDEE then thats what you should drop your calories down too. At the percentages i recomended above. Keep it there from 4-8 weeks before dropping below that and trying to cut

bigslick7878 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bigslick7878 View Post
    1.Well, I've completely screwed up the TDEE directions. That said, eating 3300 cals I've dropped 20 lbs of fat since that pic was taken. Must have been the cardio............Most people don't get it right the 1st time no worries. If you are 20lbs less than that pic post it please so I can tell you what your bodyfat is accurately.

2. You are not 11-12% bodyfat. More like 16 if that is you in the avatar, could be more hard to tell from that pic. Just using a formula on the internet

There is no magic formula for bodyfat like BMR or TDEE, pics or calipers are the only ways to get it close.

3. With that said your TDEE is about 2700. Yeah a 1000 calories is a pretty big difference. Even if you bump it to the next activity level it is still around 2900. (This is assuming you don't do manual labor everyday at whatever job you have) I'm a dive instructor. You figure TDEE from LBM?

Yes, just go by lean body mass. At 16% it comes out to about 193. TDEE for light active is a little over 2700, moderate active just over 2900. Also how much "teaching" are you doing vs "swimming/diving" everyday? That will make a huge difference in your maintenance and what activity level you fall into.

4. Not following you on your macro breakdown, it should be around 40/40/20. Macros as stated above... 350 protein, 230 carb 85 fat

This is fine, I would drop the protein and fat down gradually and leave the carbs the same over the next few months.

As to the topic at hand, you should wait until PCT is over or about 4 weeks and then slowly start to cut. Just some very minor changes in diet and cardio, keep doing that over and 8 -12 week period and gradually adjust it so by the 8th week you are getting into a true cut plan with a lot of cardio and a decent calorie deficit.What do you think, 500 or 1000?

I would do something like

Week 1 - PCT maintain
    Week 2 - PCT maintain
    Week 3 - PCT maintain
    Week 4 - PCT maintain
    Week 5 - 100 less
    Week 6 - 100 less
    Week 7 - 200 less
    Week 8 - 300 less
    Week 9 - 300 less
    Week 10 - 400 less
    Week 11 - 500 less and do that for the rest of the way until you get to the desired results.

You are going to have to really dial in how much all of these numbers arr over the 1st month or so, as far as how much you are burning/eating etc. Track it everyday and after a while you will be able to get a good grasp of what you need to do everyday.
    I would not go under 500 deficit a day or you will be losing more muscle than you want.
    Last edited by bigslick7878; 11-14-2010 at 02:34 PM.

Once you figure out your TDEE then thats what you should drop your calories down too. At the percentages i recomended above. Keep it there from 4-8 weeks before dropping below that and trying to cut
    well it's 3200 with my real weight (not LBM) i think it's more accurate at this point because i can't evenguess my BF% atm
    im post PCT ( 2 weeks of nolva) ) and it looks like im starting to gain more fat unlike when i did the pct
    should i start slowly drop to 3200 cals with the macro you gave?

Blog Entries
    I lost my camera but I'll try to borrow one today. I'll post some pics tonight.

I just caculated my TDEE again using the Katch-McArdle. 105 kg -13% is 92. 92 x 21.6 = 1987 + 370 = 2357 x 1.55 = 3653. This is using the moderate exercise figure, which with all the AM cardio and a 5 day split I think is conservative. It would be over 4000 if I went to the next level. I must be jacking this up...

Thread Information