gorilla is offline Associate Member

anavar cycle ??'s

what does everyone think of an anavar only cycle. ive read alot about such a cycle....40mg/day along with 10g of creatine/day... toss in some clen 2weeks on 2weeks off with clomid therapy at the end just for precaution. i realize you wouldnt gain much mass but a few (3-5) solid lbs and some hardening up is exactly what I had in mind. what about throwing in some T3 in the mix (21 days cycle as outlined by cycleon) from what i have read and researched such a cycle would increase strengh, keep you hard and shed of fat nicely as-well!!

my stats: 23yrs old 6'3'' 224lbs 9%bf (before thanksgiving hehe) 4 yrs of training exp.

my goals: be a ripped, huge freak of nature what else???.. no seriously i would like to look like a mens health model...or in that ball park. i would say like partyboynyc but dont want to sound like a homo??

any help would be appreciated!!!!

gorilla

bigkev is offline Scamming Traitor
    i dont know whether or not party boy will like that statement or dislike it!!!

seriously though. an anavar only cycle is not what you are looking for. if you ran t200 for 10 weeks at 600 mgs per week, and dbol for the first 4 of those 10 weeks, at 40 mgs per day. and you kept your diet clean with lots of protein and low fats, throw in some liquidex to keep the water retention down, and finish up with some clen , i think you will be exactly where you want to be. of course you'l need some clomid for post cycle.

The Iron Game Guest
    I would up the anavar to 50mgs daily and you will love your cycle

killerdice is offline Junior Member
    Bro if you looken to get big,, you will need to do more.. You will need to stack some gear... 40mg/d of avavar will get you stronger but will gain very little weight... BigKev has the right idea..

big kev i really take your advise seriously based on your pics....what about EQ at 400mg/week for 10 weeks added to the anavar .....should i still run the anavar for 8 weeks or less or for the whole ten weeks????let me know and thanks for everyones advise i wont start till i have a concensus

thanks
    gorilla

The Iron Game Guest
    "what does everyone think of an anavar only cycle. ive read alot about such a cycle....40mg/day along with 10g of creatine/day... toss in some clen 2weeks on 2weeks off with clomid therapy at the end just for precaution. i realize you wouldnt gain much mass but a few (3-5) solid lbs and some hardening up is exactly what I had in mind. "

I stick to my original decision on anavar only, it will allow you to obtain your goals so dont bother adding more uneccesary drugs in there. Unless you think all this stuff you want to put in your body is healthy.

IG thanks alot i also respect your opinion alot!!!! its not that im afraid of injectables as one may think infact ive used them in the past and sort have grown to like the adrenaline rush they give me (kinda wierd huh??) but it just seems with all the reading ive done (mainly at elite.....) that an anavar only cycle IS in fact what i am looking for...but at the same time i dont want to waste my $$$ so maybey ill keep this thread going for a few more days till i get a soild consensus??

thanks everyone for your advise
    gorilla

bump

The original jason Guest
    u could run the thread for 6 months and you would still not be able to decide you just got to make a decision and try it out you will then learn for yourself

peace
    Jason

robbie123 is offline New Member

var

Quote Originally Posted by gorilla
    big kev i really take your advise seriously based on your pics....what about EQ at 400mg/week for 10 weeks added to the anavar .....should i still run the anavar for 8 weeks or less or for the whole ten weeks????let me know and thanks for everyones advise i wont start till i have a concensus

thanks
    gorilla
    Do not take anyones opinion based on how they look! Some people look awesome but at a very high expense.
    I am a Doctor so naturally i am conservative. These hormone therapies..i.e. steroids do more than the eye can see or bloodwork can detect. That being said, be as conservative as possible. The best approach is all natural. Second best approach is Oxandrolone if you are going to take something. But...that is a general statement. For some, Anavar could be the worse depending on your body. In general Anavar SHORT TERM will prob. be o.k.
    I would not dabble in test. or anything else. Just my opinion having experience with them from a Docs standpoint. I myself am considering a cycle of Anavar. I have great genetics and prob. should not and don't need to. But, I thought it through knowing the pros and cons.

Liftnainez is offline Banned
    robbie.. why wouldnt u dabble in test? Not trying to be a dick just want to see your opinion.. I have been seeing many people nowadays staying away from test.. wondering why you think so.. thanks

Mealticket is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by robbie123
    Do not take anyones opinion based on how they look! Some people look awesome but at a very high expense.
    I am a Doctor so naturally i am conservative. These hormone therapies..i.e. steroids do more than the eye can see or bloodwork can detect. That being said, be as conservative as possible. The best approach is all natural. Second best approach is Oxandrolone if you are going to take something. But...that is a general statement. For some, Anavar could be the worse depending on your body. In general Anavar SHORT TERM will prob. be o.k.
    I would not dabble in test. or anything else. Just my opinion having experience with them from a Docs standpoint. I myself am considering a cycle of Anavar. I have great genetics and prob. should not and don't need to. But, I thought it through knowing the pros and cons.

What kind of physician are you?

PS DOC...this thread is 4 YEARS OLD

Smak is offline AR's Midget Beater
    R.I.P. DOC See what that var cycle did to him!

Quote Originally Posted by Liftnainez
    robbie.. why wouldnt u dabble in test? Not trying to be a dick just want to see your opinion.. I have been seeing many people nowadays staying away from test.. wondering why you think so.. thanks
    effects such as gynecomastia are fairly likely. Prostate enlargement, worsening of acne, and acceleration of male pattern baldness (for those genetically susceptible to it) are particularly severe because of the effectively-higher androgen levels seen in these tissues as a result a of local conversion to the more-potent DHT. Test is usually thought to be fairly easy on the liver. My though is that you have to weigh out the results you want and the price you are willing to pay. Dont look at tomorrow, look way down the road. It is the individuals decision. I don't judge people.
    SOmeone ask me what type of doc I am. I am a pediatrician. Age, 36
    My buddy is competing next week in Atlanta. He may be his pro card. We have many debates. He is also a doc. He is willing to pay a high price

it's that just in my experiecnce that Doctors that i know don't come out and say they are...especially in an open forum on internet, seemingly trying to gain some sort of respect....but i guess for every modest one their is one who is not.

the good guy is offline Junior Member

MYTHS

Myth #1 - Anavar will not suppress the HPTA.
    False. Anavar, used in adequate dosages, will shut you down. To what degree you experience side effects of suppression (loss of libido, lethargy) is entirely dependent upon the individual and the dosages used.

Myth #2 - Var is a weak anabolic , and is not effective unless stacked with a more androgenic compound.
    This could not be further from the truth. At dosages of 40mg a day and higher, anavar is incredibly effective at adding water free LBM. At around day 6-7, increased vascularity should become apparent (assuming your oxandrolone is legitimate in its dosing), and strength gains should start appearing around day 14.
    If used during a clean bulk, gains of 10-20 pounds are possible. If cutting, you will maintain weight, or even put on 5-10 pounds (depending on the rate of fat loss/severity of diet). You will keep all of your gains with proper PCT.

Myth #3 - Anavar will not require any type of PCT.
    This is one ive never understood. It's a pretty commonly known fact now that var is a suppressive compound. So why is it that some individuals still refuse to make a small investment in some clomid/nolva....this is your testicular function we're talking about. That said, PCT required for var is not as "heavy" as PCT for, say, a test/eq cycle. 15-20 days @ 50mg clomid should be sufficient.

LIBIDO

The only real issue of concern that i have found when running anavar alone is slight libido suppression. Anavar is suppressive enough to where you WILL feel a difference in your sex drive (and not for the better [img]file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5CJoe%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5Cmsohtm l1%5C01%5Cclip_image001.gif[/img]) when using 40+mg a day. There are three options to counteract this.

#1 - Tribulus + Avena Sativa - Trib at 4-7g a day and Avena Sativa at 3-4g a day tend to help prevent any loss in performance or ability to get it up. However, using effective dosages is going to end up being as or more expensive than options 2 or 3...but its your call.

#2 - Proviron - If hairloss is an issue in your choice to use anavar, then you may want to avoid this one. But 25mg ED proviron, starting after week 2, will keep you rock hard. And it will help to harden up your muscles too [img]file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5CJoe%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5Cmsohtm l1%5C01%5Cclip_image002.gif[/img].

#3 - Maintenance Test Dosage - Finally, you could choose to use testosterone to keep your willy in shape. At a dosage of around 200mg, split bi weekly, everything should keep running smoothly. Also, this will contribute to your gains much moreso than than options 1 or 2. I would keep nolva onhand on the off chance that you are severely gyno prone. Bloating should not be an issue at this dosage.

BENEFITS

Anavar is a badass drug. This is why.

#1 - Vascularity
    Oxandrolone will make you veiny as all hell. And quickly. Look out for brand new bulging forearms veins by around day 6. If you are following a cutting regimen, expect new spider webs in your chest, shoulders and quads by around day 21.

#2 - Pumps
    When on var, the pumps are constant. Bored sitting in class/at work? Do some unweighted calf raises. After about three minutes, your calves will be ready to pop. Youll be doing something like drinking a cup of water, and after a minute of holding it, your bi will be completely full and pumped. You may have to cut some sets short in the gym due to the painful pumpage.

#3 - Strength
    Even when cutting, you can expect new strength gains every workout after about day 14-21.

#4 - Fat Loss
    Anavar has been shown to contribute to accelerated fat loss in both subcutaneous and visceral fat, concentrated effects in the abdomen and thigh area. And if youve used the drug, you can attest to this...if you cant sport the 6-8 pack look on var, its not gonna happen [img]file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5CJoe%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5Cmsohtm l1%5C01%5Cclip_image003.gif[/img].

CYCLE

Anavar should be run @ at least 40mg a day to see all of the benefits it offers. Dosages upwards of 80mg have been shown to exhibit diminishing returns. Also, i cant imagine the intensity of the pumps at that kind of dosage.

Cycle #1
    Anavar 40-50mg ED Weeks 1-8
    Tribulus 5-8g ED Weeks 1-12
    Avena Sativa 2-4g ED Weeks 1-12
    Clomid 50mg ED Weeks 9-11

Cycle #2
    Proviron 25mg ED Weeks 3-8

Cycle #3
    Test Prop 50mg EOD Weeks 1-8

If bulking, Test Enanthate could be substituted for prop, and 100mg could be injected every 3-4 days...however, this could cause more bloating, and complicate PCT timing.

LIVER PROTECTION

Anavar is a 17 Alpha Alkylated steroid , and is toxic. It has been shown to be less toxic than other orals, and is even used as liver treatment for recovering alcoholics. Still, i would limit my time using it to 8 weeks, 10 at the most.

It would be beneficial to you liver to use several different OTC supplements during, and perhaps after your cycle. A few preventive measures never hurt anyone [img]file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5CJoe%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5Cmsohtm l1%5C01%5Cclip_image003.gif[/img].

1 - Milk Thistle
    The classic liver protectant herb.supposedly works by blocking the entrance of harmful substances to liver cells, and hastening their expulsion. Make sure there is a high standardization of Silymarin

2 - R ALA
    A powerful antioxidant

3 - NAC
    Supports liver function and production of l-glutathione

4 - Vitamin C and E
    Antioxidants

5 - LOADS of water
    Helps to flush out your entire system

LIPID PROTECTION

Anavar isnt going to kill your cholesterol levels like some drugs (winny being one of the worst), but it may put your LDL/HDL profiles outside of the normal range. There are a few things that help, but as long as your not using 60+mg daily or running it for more than 10 weeks, i would just use flax...

1 - Flax Oil
    Consuming lots of omega fatty acids promotes overall health, as well as helping to keep your lipid profile from becoming too bad.

2 - Policosanol
    Used at 20mg daily to keep your HDL (good cholesterol) levels from crashing, and your LDL from becoming too high.

3 - Niacin
    Preferably the flush free variety. If you wish, niacin can be used at 1-2g ED for a short period post-cycle to normalize HDL levels. Do not use for more than 7-14 days, as liver toxicity can be an issue when using those dosages of niacin for long periods of time.
    THIS IS THE BY FAR THE BEST INFO ON ANAVAR IT WAS posted BY SPYWIZARD AND SHOULD BE STICKY
    Last edited by the good guy; 11-11-2005 at 09:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mealticket
    it's that just in my experiecnce that Doctors that i know don't come out and say they are...especially in an open forum on internet, seemingly trying to gain some sort of respect....but i guess for every modest one their is one who is not.
    e

Sorry mealticket. I guess being a Doc is a bigger deal to you then to me. I only mentioned it as a frame of reference and to reveal my perspective.
    You just reminded me of another side...........roid rage .

Quote Originally Posted by robbie123
    e

Sorry mealticket. I guess being a Doc is a bigger deal to you then to me. I only mentioned it as a frame of reference and to reveal my perspective.
    You just reminded me of another side...........roid rage .
    For someone who's as educated as you're suppose to be i can't recall reading a more ignorant and media driven statement

My comment on what you posted reminded you of roid rage.........hmmmmmm

..................still trying to figure that one out
    Last edited by Mealticket; 11-11-2005 at 09:15 PM.

Bigkarch is offline Junior Member
    sorry bro..this is a cut and post article..seen it on many boards lately...

lets talk about personal experience...one of my best cycles, with an overall picutre was a test prop/var cycle.....good size and strength gains..the key is diet and training.....if you cant gain good on this cycle, then your diet and training is weak..

QUOTE=the good guy]Join Date: Dec 2003

MYTHS

Myth #1 - Anavar will not suppress the HPTA.
    False. Anavar, used in adequate dosages, will shut you down. To what degree you experience side effects of suppression (loss of libido, lethargy) is entirely dependent upon the individual and the dosages used.

Myth #2 - Var is a weak anabolic , and is not effective unless stacked with a more androgenic compound.
    This could not be further from the truth. At dosages of 40mg a day and higher, anavar is incredibly effective at adding water free LBM. At around day 6-7, increased vascularity should become apparent (assuming your oxandrolone is legitimate in its dosing), and strength gains should start appearing around day 14.
    If used during a clean bulk, gains of 10-20 pounds are possible. If cutting, you will maintain weight, or even put on 5-10 pounds (depending on the rate of fat loss/severity of diet). You will keep all of your gains with proper PCT.

Myth #3 - Anavar will not require any type of PCT.
    This is one ive never understood. It's a pretty commonly known fact now that var is a suppressive compound. So why is it that some individuals still refuse to make a small investment in some clomid/nolva....this is your testicular function we're talking about. That said, PCT required for var is not as "heavy" as PCT for, say, a test/eq cycle. 15-20 days @ 50mg clomid should be sufficient.

LIBIDO

The only real issue of concern that i have found when running anavar alone is slight libido suppression. Anavar is suppressive enough to where you WILL feel a difference in your sex drive (and not for the better [img]file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5CJoe%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5Cmsohtm l1%5C01%5Cclip_image001.gif[/img]) when using 40+mg a day. There are three options to counteract this.

#1 - Tribulus + Avena Sativa - Trib at 4-7g a day and Avena Sativa at 3-4g a day tend to help prevent any loss in performance or ability to get it up. However, using effective dosages is going to end up being as or more expensive than options 2 or 3...but its your call.

#2 - Proviron - If hairloss is an issue in your choice to use anavar, then you may want to avoid this one. But 25mg ED proviron, starting after week 2, will keep you rock hard. And it will help to harden up your muscles too [img]file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5CJoe%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5Cmsohtm l1%5C01%5Cclip_image002.gif[/img].

#3 - Maintenance Test Dosage - Finally, you could choose to use testosterone to keep your willy in shape. At a dosage of around 200mg, split bi weekly, everything should keep running smoothly. Also, this will contribute to your gains much moreso than than options 1 or 2. I would keep nolva onhand on the off chance that you are severely gyno prone. Bloating should not be an issue at this dosage.

BENEFITS

Anavar is a badass drug. This is why.

#1 - Vascularity
    Oxandrolone will make you veiny as all hell. And quickly. Look out for brand new bulging forearms veins by around day 6. If you are following a cutting regimen, expect new spider webs in your chest, shoulders and quads by around day 21.

#2 - Pumps
    When on var, the pumps are constant. Bored sitting in class/at work? Do some unweighted calf raises. After about three minutes, your calves will be ready to pop. Youll be doing something like drinking a cup of water, and after a minute of holding it, your bi will be completely full and pumped. You may have to cut some sets short in the gym due to the painful pumpage.

#3 - Strength
    Even when cutting, you can expect new strength gains every workout after about day 14-21.

#4 - Fat Loss
    Anavar has been shown to contribute to accelerated fat loss in both subcutaneous and visceral fat, concentrated effects in the abdomen and thigh area. And if youve used the drug, you can attest to this...if you cant sport the 6-8 pack look on var, its not gonna happen [img]file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5CJoe%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5Cmsohtm l1%5C01%5Cclip_image003.gif[/img].

CYCLE

Anavar should be run @ at least 40mg a day to see all of the benefits it offers. Dosages upwards of 80mg have been shown to exhibit diminishing returns. Also, i cant imagine the intensity of the pumps at that kind of dosage.

Cycle #1
    Tribulus 5-8g ED Weeks 1-12
    Avena Sativa 2-4g ED Weeks 1-12

Cycle #2
    Proviron 25mg ED Weeks 3-8

Cycle #3
    Test Prop 50mg EOD Weeks 1-8

If bulking, Test Enanthate could be substituted for prop, and 100mg could be injected every 3-4 days...however, this could cause more bloating, and complicate PCT timing.

LIVER PROTECTION

Anavar is a 17 Alpha Alkylated steroid , and is toxic. It has been shown to be less toxic than other orals, and is even used as liver treatment for recovering alcoholics. Still, i would limit my time using it to 8 weeks, 10 at the most.

It would be beneficial to you liver to use several different OTC supplements during, and perhaps after your cycle. A few preventive measures never hurt anyone [img]file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5CJoe%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5Cmsohtm l1%5C01%5Cclip_image003.gif[/img].

1 - Milk Thistle
    The classic liver protectant herb.supposedly works by blocking the entrance of harmful substances to liver cells, and hastening their expulsion. Make sure there is a high standardization of Silymarin

2 - R ALA
    A powerful antioxidant

3 - NAC
    Supports liver function and production of l-glutathione

4 - Vitamin C and E
    Antioxidants

5 - LOADS of water
    Helps to flush out your entire system

LIPID PROTECTION

Anavar isnt going to kill your cholesterol levels like some drugs (winny being one of the worst), but it may put your LDL/HDL profiles outside of the normal range. There are a few things that help, but as long as your not using 60+mg daily or running it for more than 10 weeks, i would just use flax...

1 - Flax Oil
    Consuming lots of omega fatty acids promotes overall health, as well as helping to keep your lipid profile from becoming too bad.

2 - Policosanol
    Used at 20mg daily to keep your HDL (good cholesterol) levels from crashing, and your LDL from becoming too high.

3 - Niacin
    Preferably the flush free variety. If you wish, niacin can be used at 1-2g ED for a short period post-cycle to normalize HDL levels. Do not use for more than 7-14 days, as liver toxicity can be an issue when using those dosages of niacin for long periods of time.
    THIS IS THE BY FAR THE BEST INFO ON ANAVAR IT WAS WRITTEN BY SPYWIZARD AND SHOULD BE STICKY[/QUOTE]

the good guy is offline Junior Member
    [QUOTE]sorry bro..this is a cut and post article..seen it on many boards lately...

lets talk about personal experience...one of my best cycles, with an overall picutre was a test prop/var cycle.....good size and strength gains..the key is diet and training.....if you cant gain good on this cycle, then your diet and training is weak..

personal experience will let you know in about 8 weeks

Triposinator is offline Associate Member
    I don't share your opinion of his statement. He started this by suggesting that everyone has their own risk:reward profile with AAS. I think that is true. You then suggested that since he is a medical professional, his opinion shouldn't be given much weight. What he said were the risks are entirely consistant with what is pontificated all over this board.

For someone who's as educated as you're suppose to be i can't recall reading a more ignorant and media driven statement

My comment on what you posted reminded you of roid rage .........hmmmmmm

Quote Originally Posted by Triposinator
    I don't share your opinion of his statement. He started this by suggesting that everyone has their own risk:reward profile with AAS. I think that is true. You then suggested that since he is a medical professional, his opinion shouldn't be given much weight. What he said were the risks are entirely consistant with what is pontificated all over this board.

Not what i said @ all.

I was implying that mostmedical professionals.......dont go online...and for their first post say.....I'm a Doctor and this is what i think..................yadda!

barberjuice is offline New Member
    do u take anavar on your off days?

My comment on what you posted reminded you of roid rage .........hmmmmmm

Let me help you out..........It was a joke!!!!!!
    lISTEN, All I was trying to do was give a different perspective. I am not out to prove I am right or wrong. If you don't like my opinions than don't adhere to them. I respect your opionion and choices even if I don't agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Triposinator
    Thanks Trip. That is exactly all I meant

Eddie8 is offline Associate Member
    Post has gotten a little off track. I am just finishing a var only cycle that I have done just to see what the results would be. I doesn’t matter what everyone else thinks because we all have different responses to everything we take and everyone has different goals which clouds some people’s responses. I have done this cycle because I wanted to avoid the suppression issues this time and didn’t care about gaining any weight at all, just wanted to harden up, keep what I gained and lean out a bit. I can tell you that the pumps are within 95% of what I get with any other cycle. Strength gains are good but not what I have obtained with the extra water retention of other drugs like test or deca . You will hold water, or at least I am but with a lot less bloat in the face. I am up about 15 pounds from 230 to 246 so the water is there. I like it, certainly not a mass cycle but I am in much better shape, still have my nuts and my unit works great. We are all just guinea pigs at some level anyway so why worry about it. It is about the safest AAS you can take so see what works for you. I am varying my dose from 30 to 80mg per day to see what it does. I have not noticed much difference by varying the dose. I will say that I would agree with most of the bros that will tell you to stack it with test or something to maximize your results if maximum results are what you are looking for. I just didn’t want to deal with all of the other sides this time because my BF is up right now. I had planned to cut up on this var only cycle but I haven’t been very successful in doing that this time.

zomzom is offline Associate Member
    Is somebody is able to post all the sort of cycle possible with Anavar ?

Personnaly i m interested to do Cycle stack Andriol (at less 240mg)/Anavar(at less 40mg)/day for 8weeks; i also think it could be interesting to add Proviron (25to 50mg/day) to elevate the androgen receptor as andriol is not a strong testosterone .
    PCT would be with clomid.
    What do you think?

Sam88GT is offline New Member

Advise needed

Hola everyone. I am in need of some major advice on a cycle that i am looking to get on.
    I am trying to loose some fat that snuck up on me and basically gain my muscle mass back and get rid of the flab.

Is Anavar the right thing for me? If so what do i need to stack it with?

Any help would greatly be appriciated.

Thanks,

Thread Information