The Iron Game Guest

Views on Insulin Eod

Just thinking about insulin being run every other day for 12 weeks as opposed to 5/7 days for 6 weeks?

Thanks fellas

PaPaPumP is offline Retired Moderator

Thumbs up BIGIDY BUMP!

I don't know the answer, but I'll biznump it for ya.

sniper oc is offline Junior Member
    I have never heard of people using insulin for more than 4 weeks at a time and 2 weeks off.I would like to know how the results are,and how you feel.

juiceon is offline Associate Member

Re: please do not flame me till i cry

Originally posted by 47john
    but i have a question , why are bbrs using insulin ? i have books that site insulin as a contributor of heart disease and storing of excess fat . that is supposedly the motivation behind low carb diets . high protein to keep muscle and low carb to reduce fat storage which is supposedly signaled by insulin . i still eat carbs , but when i think back to all the people i have known with diabetes who take extra insulin they are all chubby and not too much muscle either . same with eating too much sugar i lost 20 lbs right off my gut when i quit drinkin pop . or have i been mislead ? please remember im tryin to learn not teach .
    That is a good question. I am not sure if I am correct about this, but I would assume the following:

Like you said, insulin triggered by carbs will trigger your body to store fat. But what if you can trigger (or add) insulin without ingesting carbs. So insulin, with a primarily high protein diet, will give the benefit of increased protein synthesis, without the excess carbo storage. Please correct me if I am off track, b/c I am interested in this also.

sniper oc is offline Junior Member
    juice-
    I am trying to figer out what do you mean who I am with?
    If it's about the millatary,or fighting group send me a privet message. Other wise I don't know what you are talking about.

Socio is offline Associate Member
    One Question ive always wondered ....
    Ive always read Insulin is the most anabolic hormone (no confusion so far) but will make a "fat man fatter"
    Meaning that someone with primarily endomorph genetics would not reap the benefits of Slim on a clean diet consisting of Good quality PCF and Right Timed Simple Sugars ??
    Or are they assuming a fat man obviously eats a high fat/carb diet and all the fats/carbs will be transported to the fat cells???

Ilyich is offline New Member
    Insulin will make you fat if you eat fat when your insulin levels are high. Thats why after injecting insulin you are supposed to consume 0 fats until the insulin level falls to normal. If you consume fat while your body is in such an anabolic state then the fat will get shuttled into your fat cells straight away.

Consuming simple carbs, ie sugar, also causes an insulin spike. If you are ingesting fat alongside simple carbs it is also the case that you will get fatter I think. Thats why its generally recommended to split your meals into fat/protein and carbs/protein.

Ingesting loads of carbs straight after a workout serves to replenish the glycogen stores and cause an insulin spike (at least thats what testosterone .net claims) which would allow for more nutrients to get into the muscles.

Ilyich

Thread Information