redmeat1 is offline Associate Member

gear before kids?

What do you guys think? Does it really effect you from having kids in the future? If someone you know wanted kids but wanted to start their first cycle would you recommend they wait?

bbh90 is offline Junior Member
    in on thread

iv read mixed results with no definite answer but they all seem to say that its pretty unlikly unless your taking such high doses you shut down your testes forever

Tony Stacks is offline Associate Member
    Better safe than sorry. I'm waiting

UberSteroids is offline Anabolic Member
    Good question brother.

I've seen many mixed answers and I don't know what to tell you. Hoprefully someone that actually KNOWS it will be able to give a good answer.

You might want to search online for some legit reviews or researches on this topic.

I was asking that question long time ago, never got a good answer...but now as the time passes by, I see how women are and what society we live in now days... I'd be scared to have a kid PERIOD!

Take care man.

layeazy is offline Banned
    this question is always being put up i have dont some research and theres not any definate evidence that steriods do unless ur mega dosing what i have found on other forums alot talk about having great pct therapy planned clomid hcg stuff to get you going again also theres plenty of pro body builders that have kids and they are mega dosing lol so i think you should be right

wow thanks for the feedback guys..i guess i've heard all the same stuff as most of you..unless your taking mega doses it shouldn't really effect your sperm count long term when your off the gear...i know ronnie coleman had a kid with his new wife a few years ago and can't imagine the doses he does.

TheMemoryRemains is offline Associate Member
    Good question, ill be eyen this thread. Hopefully some knowlegdable daddys come through with the answers

TestAce is offline Junior Member
    Screw kids, that's just money wasted that could go to some good cycles!

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    If I wanted kids, but still wanted to cycle, I'd just stick to 10-12 weekers with a solid PCT and avoid 19-nors. HPTA suppression and spermatogenesis have much more to do with compounds used and cycle duration than the actual dose.
    This is of course assuming that you're old enough to be using AAS in the first place and that your HPTA is fully developed. Otherwise, definitely don't do it.

cro
    cro is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    i waited . ive got 4 and did years of supplements im 38 my youngest is 14 months im on my first cycle now.

Ronnie Rowland is offline Author of Functional Training with a Fork
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by redmeat1 View Post
    What do you guys think? Does it really effect you from having kids in the future? If someone you know wanted kids but wanted to start their first cycle would you recommend they wait?
    I know of a guy who got on HRT (200MGS OF TEST EVERY TWO WEEKS) and decided to have a third child so he came off and started HGG/CLOMID. He was unable to get back his fertility even with the help of doctors. Too be safe have your sperm frozen or stay off steroids because there are no guarantees.

MACHINE5150 is offline "AR's Vanilla Gorilla"
    Arnold has a few kids and he was juicing since he was 19.. i am sure you will be fine as long as yo do not stay on for life.. but Ronnie has the right idea.. freeze some sperm, it is not that expensive and that way you don't have to worry about it ever again.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronnie Rowland View Post
    I know of a guy who got on HRT (200MGS OF TEST EVERY TWO WEEKS) and decided to have a third child so he came off and started HGG/CLOMID. He was unable to get back his fertility even with the help of doctors. Too be safe have your sperm frozen or stay off steroids because there are no guarantees.
    Talked to a buddy that i work with and he said he was a heavy juicer for ten years or so back when he was in his twenties...he's now in his early 40's and last year started HRT because his test scores where very low....he just recently had his first kid..i asked him if he stopped the HRT to have the kid and he said no.

BIG_GUNS_21 is offline Member
    I used for 6 years real heavy, high doses and the full 6 years, came off and with in a year my wife was pregnante...Dorian Yates has kids and I think he may have used a bit of gear in his day. Not to say it doesnt effect it but personally it wasnt a problem. Low test now is a problem and I dont recommend anyone cycle like I used to anymore but I was able to have kids.

Best to freeze some sperm and also, hold off if BBing is not VERY VERY important to you!

ADO
    ADO is offline Associate Member
    my brother has a couple of friends that have been cycling for over ten years they did not have any problems having kids, but my brother has been cycling for 5 years and has been trying to have another kid but so far nothing hes been off his cycle for a year now ! i guess everyone is different, as bonaparte said different compounds and proper PCT has some to do with!

BOBfromfightclub is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ubersteroids View Post
    good question brother.

I've seen many mixed answers and i don't know what to tell you. Hoprefully someone that actually knows it will be able to give a good answer.

You might want to search online for some legit reviews or researches on this topic.

I was asking that question long time ago, never got a good answer...but now as the time passes by, i see how women are and what society we live in now days... I'd be scared to have a kid period!

take care man.
    this^^^^^^bold

Chev is offline Associate Member
    Ive been blasting and cruising for two years, the first kid i had it took 4 months (no AAS). Now ive been on and been trying for 6 months and nothing. Im on a gram of test only right now, im may have to suck it up and come off. I got some hgc and some pct coming.

MBMETC is offline Anabolic Member
    i have to agree with ronnie, have your sperm froze..

Tigershark is offline "Who wants to be Clark Kent, when you can be Superman."
    My girlfriend became pregnant while I was on cycle. So no issues there.

Aodha is offline Associate Member
    My two cents... I didn't wait. I've done a few cycles and we just got pregnant like 4 months ago. I wasn't on cycle of course. I'm not worried at all. Just be sure to always take precautions and run good pct's you'll be good for sure. Of COURSE you can have kids after cycling. Unless you do something totally crazy to shut you down permanently.

fitguy is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronnie Rowland View Post
    how long has he been on hrt??????

Myalansky is offline Junior Member
    This post inspired me do do some research on sperm storage and that's looking to be what I'm going to do when the time's right

csavage0 is offline Member
    Unfortuantly this is about the closes study I could find. I will do some more research later and let you know what I find.

dministration of the anabolic androgenic steroid nandrolone decanoate to female rats causes alterations in the morphology of their uterus and a reduction in reproductive capacity.
    Authors:
    Mobini Far, Hamid Reza1 [email protected]
    Ågren, Greta2
    Lindqvist, Ann-Sophie3
    Marmendal, Maarit3
    Fahlke, Claudia3
    Thiblin, Ingemar1
    Source:
    European Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology & Reproductive Biology; Apr2007, Vol. 131 Issue 2, p189-197, 9p
    Document Type:
    Article
    Subject Terms:
    *MEDICINE -- Research
    *GYNECOLOGY
    *MEDICINE
    *LIFE sciences
    NAICS/Industry Codes:
    541712 Reseach and Development in the Physical, Engineering, and Life Sciences (except Biotechnology)
    Abstract:
    Abstract: Objective: The aim of the present investigation was to characterize the effects of supraphysiological doses of the anabolic androgenic steroid nandrolone decanoate (ND) on the fertility of female rats, as well as on the morphology of their uterus. Study design: Female Wistar rats (n =15) received a subcutaneous injection of ND (15mg/kg) once daily during a 2-week period, while the control animals (n =10) were administered vehicle alone (arachidis oleum) in the same manner. Estrus behavior was evaluated 4 weeks after termination of this treatment and in cases where signs of receptivity were present, the female rat was given the opportunity to copulate with a male. After breeding, the female animals were sacrificed and their uteri examined histomorphologically. Results: All ND-treated animals exhibited abnormal vaginal smears, whereas all of the control smears were normal. Most (73%) of the treated females demonstrated normal estrus behavior (i.e., willingness) on the day of mating, but none got pregnant; whereas all of the control rats became pregnant. The female rats receiving the ND showed an enhanced rate of weight gain and the myometrium thickness of their uteri was significantly increased, while the endometrium was significantly thinner. Furthermore, ND caused a significant proportion of the treated animals to display tortuous and irregularly branching endometrial glands, as well as a lack of the physiologically normal infiltration of eosinophilic leukocytes into the endometrium (endometrial eosinophilic homing), a finding that has not been reported previously. Conclusion: The present findings indicate that high doses of ND cause morphological and physiological alterations in the uterus of female rats that are associated with a suppression of their reproductive capacity. [Copyright &y& Elsevier]

Copyright of European Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology & Reproductive Biology is the property of Elsevier Science and its content may not be copied or emailed to multiple sites or posted to a listserv without the copyright holder's express written permission. However, users may print, download, or email articles for individual use. This abstract may be abridged. No warranty is given about the accuracy of the copy. Users should refer to the original published version of the material for the full abstract. (Copyright applies to all Abstracts.)
    Author Affiliations:
    1Department of Surgical Science, Division of Forensic Medicine, Uppsala University, Dag Hammarskjölds väg 17, S-752 37 Uppsala, Sweden
    2Karolinska Institute, Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, S-171 77 Stockholm, Sweden
    3Department of Psychology, Gothenburg University, Box 500, S-405 30 Gothenburg, Sweden
    ISSN:
    DOI:
    10.1016/j.ejogrb.2006.07.037
    Accession Number:
    Database:
    Academic Search Premier

http://web.ebscohost.com.libproxy.ek...ph&AN=24461933

Thread Information