Steroidman99 is offline Associate Member

Cool Running an anti-estrogen with Anavar - as a better base for PCT???

Hello, do you think that it makes any sense to run anastrozole with Anavar ?

My post-cycle testosterone suppression on Anavar (but actually on whatever steroid , if I take it enough long) is always brutal - last time 98% - and I have difficulties with PCT. Anti-estrogens POST-CYCLE don't help at all (which is understandable, at such a suppression). I had big success with SARMs , but the price+shipment across the ocean is quite costly for me. Moreover, I suspect that the Sarmssearch guy sent me a diluted bottle last time, because I had to take 30% higher doses to achieve the same effect. (I write about it in another thread on this forum.)

Hence I thought over if I could run a small dose of anastrozole (0.5 mg/day) DURING the cycle. I know that HcG would be better in this regard, but I have a lot of anastrozole for free from my friend, and I also don't like injecting, because I feel like a drug-addict. Since anastrozole supports testosterone excretion (via estrogen suppression), it could theoretically hold up testosterone at a resasonable level and improve my starting point for PCT.

Do you have any experience in this regard? Even if you didn't and you took anti-estrogens only with estrogenic steroids , did you measure your testosterone after cycles with and without anti-estrogens? Was there any difference?

I know that estrogen suppression is not beneficial for muscle anabolism, but if I lose everything after the cycle, a certain loss of effectiveness still pays off.
    Last edited by Steroidman99; 12-08-2010 at 04:44 AM. Reason: blah blah

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Why don't you just use a SERM for PCT like the rest of us?

I said that it was absolutely useless. I used Nolva and anastrozol, but within 10 days, I am back on the level, where I was before the cycle. It simply doesn't help at all.

Only with S-4, I have no problems and I keep everything.
    Last edited by Steroidman99; 12-08-2010 at 07:38 AM.

Why are you using Adex in PCT (or with Var at all)?
    And if you're losing all your "gains" in 10 days, you never actually gained anything to begin with. You can't lose muscle that fast so long as you aren't horribly sick or starving yourself. It really just sounds like you don't know what you're doing or what to expect. You're viewing glycogen retention as muscle gain.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonaparte View Post
    Why are you using Adex in PCT (or with Var at all)?
    Anastrozole is a mild testosterone enhancer. 1 mg/day can increase testosterone concentration by 60%. This is an usual value in most anti-estrogens, by the way. Only letrozole is much stronger - the reported values are between 260-320%, which is very impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonaparte View Post
    And if you're losing all your "gains" in 10 days, you never actually gained anything to begin with. You can't lose muscle that fast so long as you aren't horribly sick or starving yourself.
    When your testosterone levels are close to zero, you can, believe me. And I don't mean water gains, but strength gains. In fact, I exaggerated with 10 days. It can last only 1 week and most of my strength gains are gone.

cro
    cro is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    why do you need this on anavar though? have you tried exemastane yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Steroidman99 View Post
    Anastrozole is a mild testosterone enhancer. 1 mg/day can increase testosterone concentration by 60%. This is an usual value in most anti-estrogens, by the way. Only letrozole is much stronger - the reported values are between 260-320%, which is very impressive.
    When your testosterone levels are close to zero, you can, believe me. And I don't mean water gains, but strength gains. In fact, I exaggerated with 10 days. It can last only 1 week and most of my strength gains are gone.
    All those numbers are from studies dealing with men with funtional HPTAs. If you're shutdown, a SERM would be a much better option. You're just crushing your already low estrogen levels, which is doing much more harm than good.
    And once again, if you're losing that much in a week, there is something horribly wrong here that you're overlooking.

Thread Information