ShadetreeJones is offline Associate Member

Gear for mma training?

Hey boys, I hope everyone is doing well. I've been a weightlifter/treadmiller my whole life and just recently got into mma training and jiu jitsu and I have fallen madly in love with it.

Not trying to get any bigger at all and my strength is very good already, just focusing on my conditioning and technique mainly but at 37 my joints can get a little creaky and inflamed after 2 or 3 tough training sessions

I've got about 14 amps of good test e left, 3 bottles of primo and 2 bottles of deca . Of the three which would you guys recommend? I was thinking of running a super small amount of deca, as in 125 mg/week, since my body felt so good when I was running it at 500mg/week but like I said I don't want to hold any water or put on any weight.

What would you guys recommend? Thanks in advance and happy holidays to everyone.

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    have you read any of BJJ's threads?.....he is a master.

MBMETC is offline Anabolic Member
    what are your full stats
    and cycle exp

cro
    cro is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    lookin good bro . shreddin in the waist , no more bloat / lats look good.

bodybuilder is offline Senior Member
    I agree looks like your forming nicely.

Far from massive is offline Knowledgeable Member
    At 37 I don't think you could go wrong with a small dose of Test/Deca say 125/125 or 200/150 the Deca will help your joints and the small dose of Test will make up for the suppresion of you natural test. One of the main concerns in MMA or Wrestling is damage to the connective tissue both from your opponent actions as well as from you own actions, the ability of Steroids to quickly build the muscle mass while leaving the joints as they were ( often the slight increase in size is offset by the constant trauma caused by training) while its just something that needs to be kept in mind and accomodated in bodybuilding in MMA the inbalance in growth rates between muscle strength and joint strenght is a recipe for disaster.

Best wishes,

And yeah BJJ would be the guy to PM for some input ( only bad thing is he is not 37) so his appreciation for joint damage and healing time may not be as good as us old farts LOL I am 55..I really feel you have to have been there to understand what we are talking about.

ShadetreeJones is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MBMETC View Post
    what are your full stats
    and cycle exp
    37 6' about 205-208 right now. I used be in the 220-225 range about 6 months ago before I got into mma and the higher intensity conditioning. My b/f is obviously a lot lower than it was, I'm going to guess 10-12%. I've got a really good size/strength ratio and I think I could cut to 185 or do a catch weight fight at 190. My conditioning is pretty good and getting better but like I said above, good LORD do the joints a little tender.

I've done Test/Deca Both at 500mg/week on two separate occasions.
    Test/Winny/Var (Favorite cycle ever by far)
    I ran Sus with eq but only for about a month before I got strep throat and stopped.

Thread Information