bbh90 is offline Junior Member

is the weight your lifting or the mental focus on contracting the muscle more importa

what do you guys think the mind muscle connection and perfect form really focusing on hitting the muscle hard is more important? or lifting heavy weight is more important?

rc_p90 is offline Associate Member
    100% mind muscle connection

AZGOLDSMEMBER86 is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    mind muscle for sure, form. weights play a good roll, but contracting the most muscle fibers through perfect form and focus,and then not in order-diet,post workout meals.. its allplays a factor. what are your stats and goals?

*RAGE* is offline "T-MOS WILL LIVE THROUGH US FOREVER"
    Diet is by far the most important thing!!!! hands down, the old saying you are what you eat. mental and contracting the muscle fibers is also great....

AZGOLDSMEMBER86 is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by *RAGE* View Post
    Diet is by far the most important thing!!!! hands down, the old saying you are what you eat. mental and contracting the muscle fibers is also great....
    agreed

FireGuy is offline 9/11/2001~343 Never Forget!~E-HOF~RETIRED
    Your muscles have zero idea how much weight they are moving, it how comes down to how many muscle fibers can you get to contract and to STAY contracted throughout the entire set.

do you guys slow down your lift on order to gain greater focus and more contractions?

iv always lifted just to push the heaviest weight basically what ever it takes to get the weight up but that doesnt allow you to work on the contraction as much

Slayer of Souls is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bbh90 View Post
    do you guys slow down your lift on order to gain greater focus and more contractions?

iv always lifted just to push the heaviest weight basically what ever it takes to get the weight up but that doesnt allow you to work on the contraction as much
    but theni got injured.. ****ed that

lil_herc81 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bbh90 View Post
    I use a 2 second rep and flex at the top of the movement. I work with 60-70% of my one rep max depending on energy. IMO- unless you are a power lifter there is no reason to life heavy all of the time. Bodybuilding- you focus and work the muscle completely.

Mental focus on the amount of contraction your doing means everything, the amount of weight u lift is nothing.

Mental focus on the amount of contraction your doing means everything, the amount of weight u lift is nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by lil_herc81 View Post
    I use a 2 second rep and flex at the top of the movement. I work with 60-70% of my one rep max depending on energy. IMO- unless you are a power lifter there is no reason to life heavy all of the time. Bodybuilding- you focus and work the muscle completely.
    Then how do you measure progress? Lets say you squat 500lbs for 8 reps... whats your target for the next squat day?

lil_herc81 is offline Member
    Progress would be the ability to have proper form, and higher sets. This will fully develop the muscles. Lol 500lb squats never here. I use 135-225lbs. I go ass to ankles as low as I can and slowly. If the goal is to be huge and strong then hit the heavy weights but I know im not looking for tendinitis or any joint problems.

ya im thinking that i may have been seriously short changing myself for a while now i mean iv made good gain but for sure i was more worried about getting more weight up than focusing in on really hitting the actual muscle hard

what kind of tempo have you guys been using im thinking maybe ill go with 4 down 2 up or maybe 2 down 1 up

Joe-MA is offline New Member
    Mind/muscle focus all the way! You can get huge using very little weight. Look at power lifters they usually are half the lean body mass of a body builder and yet they push 2 or 3 times the weight. Also you where asking about tempo and imo Jim C, biggest natural body builder out there has that shit down. He writes some amazing articles on it http://www.jimcordova.com
    Last edited by Joe-MA; 12-22-2010 at 06:29 PM.

FireGuy is offline 9/11/2001~343 Never Forget!~E-HOF~RETIRED
    Bodybuilding progress is measured more with a tape measure than the poundage you are lifting.
    That was supposed to be a "reply with quote" from post #12.

What about the theory... lift big to be big... or with strength comes size

Narkissos is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~Diet Guru~
    Blog Entries
    I find it impossible to separate lifting a weight from concentrating on contracting the target area.

So I'm not sure I understand the question.
    -Corey "Narkissos" Springer

Published Author.
    Owner of :
    Apollo Fitness Barbados etc
    Blogger

Quote Originally Posted by texasmk4
    Nark is like intel, Brilliant inside and awsome outside :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Narkissos
    Here's a little-known-secret, that most people won't tell you: In the sphere of fitness, everything works.
    Every(intelligent)thing works (once aptly and consistently applied)
    It really is that simple.
    This is the perpetual bodybuilding paradigm
    **No Source Checks**
    Contact Me

mrniceguy215 is offline Banned
    its 50/50 heavy weight builds muscle proper form and full contractions build muscle.

D3m3nt3d is offline AR's Whore D'Oeuvre
    Quote Originally Posted by Narkissos View Post
    I find it impossible to separate lifting a weight from concentrating on contracting the target area.

So I'm not sure I understand the question.
    That's because you are a one track mind bodybuilding beast bro

He wants to know which would make him bigger - lift a lighter weight but really concentrate on squeezing the muscles

Or less concentration on squeezing but heavier weight.

P.S. The correct answer is focus on squeezing OP

Thread Information