Davevanza is offline New Member

can i inject oral TU? it has exactly same active n inactive ingredients

Hi
    I've been on Andriol 40mg 6caps a day prescribed by a gp.

Been 3yrs on it.

The result is significant as long as I take it with abt 20g of unsaturated fats.

As research has shown that it must be the form of long chain fatty acids so I always take it with abt 5 caps of omega3. Some olive oil spread with wholemeal breads.

This method really enhances the absoption of TU.

Now my question is:

Here in australia,TU also comes in injection called Reandron 1000mg/4ml.
    I check the solvents used,they are exactly the same as in the gel caps form, castor oil and propylene glycol laurate. I tried the injection form for abt half a year with good result,the first injection and the second one is 4-6weeks apart,the third is abt 6-8weeks apart,the rest is once every 3mths.

As I get the gel caps for the quantity of 60 caps/mths for $5.40, I'm thinking of drawing out the oil from 20gel caps into a syringe,(800mg) to inject it intramuscularly.
    With this,I still have 40caps left which I can use it orally.

Has anyone ever tried this?
    I know it's silly,oral steroid should be administered orally.
    But the solvents used,for both oral and injectable TU are exactly the same,TU and castor oil and propylene glycol laurate.

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    The main problem here is that your gel-caps are not sterile, since they are not intended for injection. They don't even contain a bacteriostatic agent (like Benzyl Alcohol). So if you were to attempt this, you would have to add 1-2% BA and filter the whole batch through a .2um syringe filter. Oh, and that stuff must be extremely thick, so you'd want to add BB as well.

Also, this would certainly be considered off-label use of a prescription medication, so it would be illegal and your doc would be pissed if you showed up with an abscess from injecting your oral test.
    Last edited by Bonaparte; 12-23-2010 at 09:50 PM.

Thread Information