Just a question for those of you who have run cycles in the past. The theory is that most AAS speed up the metabolism to some degree. Can anyone comment on whether this causes problem for the user if they decide to not run any more cycles? That is to say, does fat accumulate more readily and is it harder to once your system is free from the AAS?

The reason that I ask is that I see a lot of guys who were once using turn to overweight replicas of themselves over time. I would think that diet still plays a major part in how you look whether or not AAS have been discontinued, and it is possible that many guys "fall off the wagon" from a dietary perspective.

I am in the throes of starting my first cycle (500mg TestE per week with Arimidex ) and I want to determine if my normally solid metabolism (even at 43 it isn't too difficult for me to lose fat over time if my diet is good) could be messed up for good after the cycle/s.

I know that nothing is set in stone and everyone probably reacts differently, but it would be good to hear some opinions.

Thanks in advance.