Far from massive is offline Knowledgeable Member

Shelf life of homemade gear?

If you make your own gear and use all USP grade carriers and cosolvents what should you expect for shelf life, assuming of course that its stored in the dark at stable temperatures?

Also at the end of the shelf life would you just see a loss in potency like with many drugs or would you see something really unsavory like virulent abscesses due to the oil being rancid etc?

Thanks,
    FFM

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    GSO will go rancid before the rest of the common brewing oils. If you want pharmaceutical shelf life, use the same carriers they do (which is what I plan on doing for my TRT stash). If you brew it perfectly clean (by filtering and autoclaving it after) and use at least 1% BA, I see no reason why it wouldn't last as long as HG gear (5-10 years). You should be able to tell if the oil goes rancid, because the color will change and it will look weird. So long as that doesn't happen, it may just lose a bit of potency over the years.

Thanks for the reply B,

I got a bunch of prop that 50/50 eo/gso both the gso and the eo are usp so this who knows on this.. my other stuff, cyp and deca is straight ba/bb usp cottonseed so that should be fine.

Anyway thanks for the reply,
    FFM

carp123 is offline Banned
    same as any ugl really ,i would give it 4 years ..

MACHINE5150 is offline "AR's Vanilla Gorilla"
    Quote Originally Posted by Far from massive;54***36
    Thanks for the reply B,

I got a bunch of prop that 50/50 eo/gso both the gso and the eo are usp so this who knows on this.. my other stuff, cyp and deca is straight ba/bb usp cottonseed so that should be fine.

Anyway thanks for the reply,
    FFM
    why did you go 50/50 gso/eo for your prop?? just curious as to why you didn't just stick to regualr solvents?

carp123 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MACHINE5150 View Post
    why did you go 50/50 gso/eo for your prop?? just curious as to why you didn't just stick to regualr solvents?
    eo cuts down on pip right? i would think thats why he added it ..

Yep I did this at the suggestion of Bonaparte for PIP and for me and my friend who was also running it, the stuff worked wonders. Before thigh shots were like getting kicked by a mule, afterward it was just routine discomfort.

Thread Information