DIRTYMAX is offline New Member

Nolvadex/ Clomid PCT why both?

I have read a lot of threads on here where people are posting their cycles along with their PCT for critique. I guess there is one thing that still confuses me and I have yet to see it brought up recently. I guess i really don't understand the what the point is of running both Nolvadex and Clomid during PCT. As I understand 20 mg of Nolvadex is equivalent to 150mg of Clomid. They are both a SERM and both are said to have a natural test increase of 150% over baseline. I have normally run an AI during my cycle and used Nolvadex alone in the past and had no issues with natural test levels returning or estrogen rebound. Anyone care to educate me a little further as to what the purpose of running both would be?

i know somone has input....

Far from massive is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I am new to compound PCT myself and like you I have used one compound in the past (Torem in my case) and done just fine with it. That said the PCT was for a short 4 wk cycle with 2 compounds and a longer 7 wk cycle with just Test.

When I do a heavy cycle Deca /TestCyp this spring I plan to use two compounds in PCT, my understanding is that while both compounds are SERMS both have a slightly different action within the body, because of this they will work more effectively together in smaller (normal) doses with less chance of bad sides than trying to take a large quantity of a single compound (which would be a bad idea0. This is an assumption based on what I have read if anyone feels I have this wrong please feel free to chime in.

FFM

FFM for your Deca /Test Cyp cycle what were you thinking for doses on your PCT. I was thinking about doing that exact cycle next time around. I Currently am on a Var/ test cyp cycle. I was looking for lean hard gains, nothing crazy, and had planned on ending is with Nolvadex alone.

slimshady01 is offline Senior Member
    IM on the same cycle.. Test E and Var... I have both nolva and clomid but was thinking nolva would be enough.
    i dont like the sides of clomid anyway.

in2shape is offline Member
    it has something to do with LH luetinizing hormone and FSH folicle stimulating hormone - think thats right .... basically as you stated they are similar same names do similar etc but where 1 blocks 1 part of estro the other doesnt do as wellas doesnt block all of it ???? , also not sure which it is but 1 of the above is stronger in the lh or fsh than the other so they counter each other is what im trying to say i cant exactly explain it as i dont know exactly but thats my feeble attempt ......sure nolva or clomid will do but id rather rebound quicker and fuller than not .....

read up in the profiles section also in i think swiftos or war machines or marcus ??? pct thread stickies they have all the technical points and readings /pictures and quotes etc as to why there different and exactly what they do differently to each other

hope that helps i had same question about year back and read up and its just not worth taking both

i can understand maybe for a cycle with several different compounds where natural test is completely surpressed. I have only run test and one other thing usually and never had any problems with just Nolva. Thanks for the attempt.. I'm gonna keep reading and see what else i can find...

jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Blog Entries
    clomid stimulates production of GnRH (produced by hypotahlimus)
    Nolvadex stimultes production lh and fsh (pituitary gland)
    Together they effect both parts of the hypothalamic-pituitary-gonadal axis - which privdes greater benefit than just one or the other.
    Summary : Together the work through diff pathways to more effectivey restore hormonal function.

jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTYMAX View Post
    i can understand maybe for a cycle with several different compounds where natural test is completely surpressed. I have only run test and one other thing usually and never had any problems with just Nolva. Thanks for the attempt.. I'm gonna keep reading and see what else i can find...

just so you know...natural test is completely suppressed with single compound cycles as well...a iose of around 75/mgs/week of test would cease normal physiological production of test. shut down is shut down my friend....there is no partial with this...
    Last edited by jimmyinkedup; 01-07-2011 at 04:25 PM.

in2shape is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyinkedup View Post
    clomid stimulates production of GnRH (produced by hypotahlimus)
    Nolvadex stimultes production lh and fsh (pituitary gland)
    Together they effect both parts of the hypothalamic-pituitary-gonadal axis - which privdes greater benefit than just one or the other.
    Summary : Together the work through diff pathways to more effectivey restore hormonal function.
    this is what i was trying to say

Quote Originally Posted by DIRTYMAX View Post
    enjoy ya reading

cro
    cro is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    just get both.

mrfixor is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by slimshady01 View Post
    IM on the same cycle.. Test E and Var... I have both nolva and clomid but was thinking nolva would be enough.
    i dont like the sides of clomid anyway.
    im looking into a pct. what were the bad side effects from clomid??

MBMETC is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mrfixor View Post
    im looking into a pct. What were the bad side effects from clomid??
    some experiance vision problems when on clomid. i have no issues
    Last edited by MBMETC; 01-07-2011 at 10:55 AM.

DBolNoob is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MBMETC View Post
    some experiance vision problems when on clomid. i have no issues
    care to elaborate?

have people in past gone blind? :S

gymnerd is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DBolNoob View Post
    care to elaborate?

have people in past gone blind? :S

No, I think it causes sensativity to light and ppl see weird specs of light and stuff like that. I never had those problems. I think most ppl had those problems with the old clomid pct where you would be taking 300mg ED for a wk or whatever it was.

DBolNoob is offline Banned
    whoah!

ok.

cheers

cro
    cro is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    glad that changed.
    Quote Originally Posted by gymnerd View Post
    No, I think it causes sensativity to light and ppl see weird specs of light and stuff like that. I never had those problems. I think most ppl had those problems with the old clomid pct where you would be taking 300mg ED for a wk or whatever it was.

MBMETC is offline Anabolic Member
    Google clomid and nolvadex and all the sides are listed.
    just because both drugs are standard in pct doesn't mean you should not be educated in them.
    do your reearch people!
    Last edited by MBMETC; 01-08-2011 at 07:33 AM.

MR-FQ320 is offline This means war!
    1) the two compounds work differently

2) they are cheap, why take the chance of not fully recovering?

3)take them before sleep time = less sides(vision, watching sex in the city etc etc , jk lol)

Slayer of Souls is offline Junior Member
    How can an AI like a-dex be used during PCT?

gymnerd is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Slayer of Souls View Post
    How can an AI like a-dex be used during PCT?
    Just run like .25mg ED Honestly though alot of ppl think you should not be crushing estrogen during PCT. I have seen studies posted that showed aromasin and adex boost test levels considerably. I personally like to stick to proven methods and not do alot of experamenting on stuff like that.

Thread Information