OnStar is offline New Member

Theoretically, what am I to expect as far as strength and weight gain on Test Cyp ?

Current age: 41
    Current Weight: 215
    BF: 11%
    Training History: over 20yrs

I was recently put on HRT (Hormone Replacement Treatment) by my doctor. My blood levels were 316ng/ml and 2.8 free. He felt this was low enough to start me on HRT. My diet is consistent at 2600cal and ratios of proteins, carbs and fats are 60/30/10. About 300g of protein from egg whites, baked chicken and tuna. Around 200g a day carbs are from oats, brown rice, yams and whole grain pasta.

Training - Legs, Shoulders/Tri, Back/Calves and Chest/Bis EOD. One on One off. Reps are 8-10 and sets are 5-7 for larger muscles and 5 for smaller.

Meds are:
    Test Cyp- 350mg 1x/week
    Anasrozole 1mg 3x/week
    Avodart 0.5mg ED
    Lovasa 1GM 4caps/ED
    Corvite Free 1 am/pm

Theoretically, what am I to expect as far as strength and weight gain?

SG2009 is offline Member
    atmost expect some imbalance in estrogen-testosterone level

DIRTYMAX is offline New Member
    probably not a whole lot. 350 mg is pretty moderate for test. As for overall well being you might feel a bit better. Most cycles where you would be looking to have gains you'd be around 5-600mg a wk. Seems like you have a decent diet and plenty of training experience which is half the battle with most people. Good luck...

Far from massive is offline Knowledgeable Member
    No message sorry
    Last edited by Far from massive; 01-08-2011 at 04:24 PM.

bruary17 is offline Member
    Despite some of the feedback your getting, 350mg shots of test per week is pretty high for HRT. Have you ever used AAS before? If not, you can expect pretty substantial gains. It's pretty common for guys to pin 350mg a week for their first cycle and obtain awesome results. Keep us posted!!

Hitman Heimler is offline Junior Member
    I have personally taken Test E. at 250mg a week, and had excellent gains in strength and size. Nothing comparable to when I'm using 500mg/week+, but still great. Everyone reacts a little different, but even so, I'd say you'll have some alright gains.

gymnerd is offline Senior Member
    You can definatly make gains on pharmacy test cyp at 350 mg it wont be earth shattering but you can do very well if you train right and nutrition is on point.

Quote Originally Posted by SG2009 View Post
    atmost expect some imbalance in estrogen-testosterone level
    Won't the Anastrozole at 1mg 3x a week is for ? To reduce effect of estrogen (gyno, water weight, etc) Not sure what AAS is ? I was reading on this site that Anastrozole will raise test level as well. I am bound by random urine screening so I can't take anything other then what Dr scripts for.

I'm hoping for 15-20lbs gains in weight as my diet and training are religiously adhered to.

gymnerd is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OnStar View Post
    Won't the Anastrozole at 1mg 3x a week is for ? To reduce effect of estrogen (gyno, water weight, etc) Not sure what AAS is ? I was reading on this site that Anastrozole will raise test level as well. I am bound by random urine screening so I can't take anything other then what Dr scripts for.

I'm hoping for 15-20lbs gains in weight as my diet and training are religiously adhered to.
    Thats too much adex, that is prob enough to kill your libido and your gains. I would run none unless you need too. Then go with 1/2 tab every 3 days or so.

JohnnyVegas is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    I am not an expert, but I can share my personal experience. I have gained almost ten pounds of muscle in six weeks while on 200mg/week of Test Cyp and HCG . Lost four pounds of fat as well. I think you will do well if you eat and lift.

eGGz is offline Anabolic Member
    Wow, 350mg cyp per week.
    I want your doctor!

Sorry for the ignorance, but what does HCG stand for ? Or AAS ?

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Quote Originally Posted by gymnerd View Post
    You can definatly make gains on pharmacy test cyp at 350 mg it wont be earth shattering but you can do very well if you train right and nutrition is on point.
    Agreed, 350mgs per week is high amount of hrt and you should see a huge difference in your well being, you should also see some moderate improvement overall.

Quote Originally Posted by gymnerd View Post
    Thats too much adex, that is prob enough to kill your libido and your gains. I would run none unless you need too. Then go with 1/2 tab every 3 days or so.
    I also agree, way to much and need cutting down, it will kill your sex drive and can reduce any gains.

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Quote Originally Posted by OnStar View Post
    Sorry for the ignorance, but what does HCG stand for ? Or AAS ?
    http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...-abbreviations

Thank you very much marcus300. Very Helpful link. I try do do as much reading as possible before asking questions. Although, now im confused. I looked up Arimidex (Anastrozole) and this is what ive found....

"This would seem to suggest that for use during a cycle, a dose of .5mgs/day would be sufficient to combat estrogen-related side effects. It is, however, important to remember that some estrogen is necessary to obtain optimal muscle growth. The lower estrogen levels provided by ´dex seems, anecdotally at least, to produce a more "hard" and "quality" look for bodybuilders who have experimented with it´s use in either a cutting or bulking cycle.

I´d like to point out that the elevation in Testosterone provided by Arimidex is so large that it can be used as a "form" of testosterone replacement therapy for hypogonadal men (2). Clearly, this suggests its use in a post-cycle-therapy (as well as its previously discussed use within a cycle) to regain natural testosterone levels and full functioning of the HPTA (Hypothalamic-Testicular-Pituitary-Axis).

Literature provided by the original maker of Anastrozole (Arimidex, produced by Zeneca Pharmaceuticals) states that stable blood plasma concentrations of the compound are achieved after a mere 7 consecutive 1mg daily doses. Also, Arimidex is just over 80% effective at inhibiting aromatase (3). Thus, if you want to take it for the entire duration of a cycle of anabolic steroids , you can simply start taking it on the same day you begin your cycle. Those are some pretty good numbers, huh?"

So, being placed on 1mg E3D this would closely match the 0.5mg a day. I told my Dr that I didnt want to carry a lot of water and was concerned with Gyno. I would hate to do something different that what he told me to do but also dont want to limit gains.

But can you use it for the entire duration of a cycle? Is it dangerous? Well, certainly reducing estrogen levels in your body is good from a body building point of view, as it reduces water-retention and the potential for gynocomastia (if there´s no estrogen in your body, you can´t get gyno, regardless of how much progesterone is floating around)(5). Luckily this stuff is very mild on blood lipids (cholesterol) and doesn´t affect them adversely (2), in the studies I´ve seen."

Thread Information