Thread: Retaining gains

Blacksrt42004 is offline Junior Member

Retaining gains

So I have a few friends that have done a cycle or two a few years ago and they eventually lost everything that they put on.

But when I first came here and started reading I learned about PCT and how it was suppose to help you retain your gains, I understand not every pound but the majority of them.

But I was just poking around some more and I read how people were saying that after about 4 months you will most likely lose all of your gains anyways. One of the posters said something to the effect of "that's why you see vets on here with their cycle #'s in the dozens"

So my question is - Is that the case, always? If someone were to do a cycle with proper PCT (and HCG ) and continue to work out (perhaps not as intense, but still regularly) would the gains achieved still go away?

Stats if needed are:
    5' 9"
    185lbs
    14% bf
    At the gym min 3 days a week for the past 4 years
    First cycle expected to be - Test E 500mgs/wk with HCG Clomid and Nolva

I was just planning on getting that extra little bump in size, not looking to continue for life but get over that plateau and get a little more stocky looking

chuckt12345 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    lots of factors that come into play. At your age with a set metabolism and diet you will not retain most of the weight you put on with a cycle. The body can only maintain a certain mass without aas. Not saying you couldnt keep some of it but you could also put that mass on with added diet and workout routine.

layeazy is offline Banned
    Your just going to have to get an awesome diet make the diet count and during your pct train heavy not as heavy but proper movements theirs no reason why you cant keep most of it

Blacksrt42004 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by layeazy View Post
    Your just going to have to get an awesome diet make the diet count and during your pct train heavy not as heavy but proper movements theirs no reason why you cant keep most of it
    Okay, I was expecting to keep maybe 60-70%, I knew "some" would go away but I didn't think all of it would.

Thread Information