liftw8t is offline Associate Member

Ronnie Rowland STS cycle part explained?

In his thread he speaks in terms of cycles with reloading and deloading and repeating. Is he advising to pretty much stay on cycle most of the year. I understand that the yo-yo effect is a pain but the way his post is written out is saying be on AAS for 8 weeks then come off AAS for 2 weeks and do an aggressive PCT or just drop down to a low cruising dose then get back on AAS at a higher dose and repeat it. Am I understanding correct?

MBMETC is offline Anabolic Member
    Unless I was I'm comp or trt I wouldn't apply this method. I think it is widely misinterpreted by the novice on this board including myself.

Yeah i mean training part sounds great which is what I do but cycling, ive always been drilled "time off= time on+pct" so for like an offseason mass cycle would this be a good method?

layeazy is offline Banned
    Yeah STS training method is great for a pro or someone that is ready for all that risks that are involved in long term use of steroids .

I would never recommend it to a young bodybuilder who doesn't compete the risks just aren't worth the benefits. Also hes old so he doesn't really matter as much because he could probably be on TRT anyways.

The Titan99 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    I wrote this a while ago on another thread. I think this sums it up.

Without speaking for Ronnie, I've studied his method quite extensively and feel like I can field this one safely for him. What Ronnie is talking about is usually two 8 week cycles. First, a prime, then an 8 week Test E or C/whatever(Tren , Deca , Test only, etc) separated by either 2 weeks of no AAS or a 200-700 mg bridge. The idea being that your going high volume, high protein, on AAS for 8 weeks, then stop using AAS or bridge for 2 weeks. The Test will still be active in your body for the 2 weeks regardless of what you do (Test E and C 14 days, Sust 250 18 days etc.), so whatever happens, it CANNOT be confused with PCT. During this time you'll half your set volume, half your protein and basically consolidate your gains during this 2 week "Deload". The second 8 week portion of the cycle you'll either duplicate or raise the dose of AAS, go back to the high set volume, high protein, 8 additional weeks. Following this you'll return to the 2 week "Deload" routine. So basically what your talking about is a 20 week cycle. At this point you can wait for your esters to run down and PCT. (While starting another 8 week high volume, high protein period, which, by the way is probably what you need to do in order to keep the majority of your gains.) NOW, without making any claims as to the health aspects, what Ronnie's saying is that a lot of advanced and pro BB are staying on year around. So basically this system is working whether your not using AAS, are using the time on=time off method or staying on for an extended period, he's recommending a two 8 week cycles with either bridge or break in between, followed by a lowered level of Test followed by ( as the Thai chics say,"UP TO YOU!!") either another 20 week cycle OR PCT. He's just addressing the reality that some guy's that are way beyond their genetic potential, don't/can't do the time on=time off and expect to stay the same size. (I suppose a guy like Jay Cutler could speak more intelligently and with more experience regarding this than me!!)

My apologies to Ronnie for any attempt to interpret his AWESOME system for him, to paraphrase or distill him or in any way take any credit other than try to clear up any misconceptions about a cycle followed by a 2 week PCT (Duh!!) then another cycle. I am will always remain his #1 fan!!

Quote Originally Posted by The Titan99 View Post
    I wrote this a while ago on another thread. I think this sums it up.

Without speaking for Ronnie, I've studied his method quite extensively and feel like I can field this one safely for him. What Ronnie is talking about is usually two 8 week cycles. First, a prime, then an 8 week Test E or C/whatever(Tren , Deca , Test only, etc) separated by either 2 weeks of no AAS or a 200-700 mg bridge. The idea being that your going high volume, high protein, on AAS for 8 weeks, then stop using AAS or bridge for 2 weeks. The Test will still be active in your body for the 2 weeks regardless of what you do (Test E and C 14 days, Sust 250 18 days etc.), so whatever happens, it CANNOT be confused with PCT. During this time you'll half your set volume, half your protein and basically consolidate your gains during this 2 week "Deload". The second 8 week portion of the cycle you'll either duplicate or raise the dose of AAS, go back to the high set volume, high protein, 8 additional weeks. Following this you'll return to the 2 week "Deload" routine. So basically what your talking about is a 20 week cycle. At this point you can wait for your esters to run down and PCT. (While starting another 8 week high volume, high protein period, which, by the way is probably what you need to do in order to keep the majority of your gains.) NOW, without making any claims as to the health aspects, what Ronnie's saying is that a lot of advanced and pro BB are staying on year around. So basically this system is working whether your not using AAS, are using the time on=time off method or staying on for an extended period, he's recommending a two 8 week cycles with either bridge or break in between, followed by a lowered level of Test followed by ( as the Thai chics say,"UP TO YOU!!") either another 20 week cycle OR PCT. He's just addressing the reality that some guy's that are way beyond their genetic potential, don't/can't do the time on=time off and expect to stay the same size. (I suppose a guy like Jay Cutler could speak more intelligently and with more experience regarding this than me!!)

My apologies to Ronnie for any attempt to interpret his AWESOME system for him, to paraphrase or distill him or in any way take any credit other than try to clear up any misconceptions about a cycle followed by a 2 week PCT (Duh!!) then another cycle. I am will always remain his #1 fan!!
    Thanks for the clarification Titan, that seems to make more sense and the 2 weeks where you deload will probably allow drop a few lbs to see what is actually solid weight that you obtained from cycle. Example a guy who starts cycle at 200 gets up to 215 by 8 week does his deload and drops to 210. So actually he gained 10 solid lbs oppossed to 15lbs, Correct?

The Titan99 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Yep, that's been my experience. It also allows the tendons and joint a break as well as clears receptors for part two. Cutting the protein in have also helps keep the body from eliminating so much of it as waste. It's all about tricking your system out of homeostasis.

Thread Information