pebble is offline Associate Member

Feedback on first cycle - Test E

So you want my stats?
    Height: 5'9''
    Weight: 189.7lbs
    Body fat: Currently 14-16%. I estimate I will be at 12-13 when I go onto cycle in mid –late February. Presently I am priming with CHO cycling.

Training Experience
    I have been training for the past 7 Years consistently. Previous to that I trained in high school due to sports, but had a small layoff post high school. I do hold training certifications; of most importance is certified exercise physiologist through an internationally recognized institution. I have worked with high level athletes primarily utilizing westside (conjugate) methodology for resistance training.

Nutrition
    Currently CHO Cycling with low/moderate/high days. During cycle I will be eating near maintenance (slightly above caloric requirements as I am not looking for any substantially large gains in weight. I would prefer to keep fat gains to a minimal if I am unable to shed some extra fat during cycle.

The Cycle
    So my intentions are to run a simple testosterone enanthate only 10 week cycle. I am thinking of doing 500mgs/ week split into two injections of 250mgs on Monday mornings and Thursday afternoons. But I was wondering if I would be able to inject 400mgs/week one and two (if possible in one injection on Monday morning). This would be followed by a week three increases to 500mgs/week (in the two doses of 250mgs). Or could this mess up the balanced plasma concentrations? I thought it may be fine because of the longer ester.

Week Injection 1 (Monday) Injection 2 (Thursday)
    1 400mgs N/A
    2 400mgs N/A
    3 250mgs 250mgs
    4 250mgs 250mgs
    5 250mgs 250mgs
    6 250mgs 250mgs
    7 250mgs 250mgs
    8 250mgs 250mgs
    9 250mgs 250mgs
    10 250mgs 250mgs

If this injection schedule may cause trouble I will do two injections of 200mgs. What are your thoughts on this plan?

PCT
    I have nolva, clomid, and letro on hand. I will run nolva and Clomid for PCT and have letro if I have any gyno issues start. Should I use letro .25mg every third day on cycle to combat estrogen or is the substance too strong and cause a negative estrogen rebound effect when I stop?

Week Nolva/day Clomid/day
    13 40mg 100mgs
    14 20mgs 50mgs
    15 20mgs 50mgs
    16 20mgs 50mgs

I think that covers anything so if any feedback could be provided I would appreciate it.
    Thanks.

MBMETC is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pebble View Post
    So you want my stats?
    Height: 5'9''
    Weight: 189.7lbs
    Body fat: Currently 14-16%. I estimate I will be at 12-13 when I go onto cycle in mid –late February. Presently I am priming with CHO cycling.

Training Experience
    I have been training for the past 7 Years consistently. Previous to that I trained in high school due to sports, but had a small layoff post high school. I do hold training certifications; of most importance is certified exercise physiologist through an internationally recognized institution. I have worked with high level athletes primarily utilizing westside (conjugate) methodology for resistance training.

Nutrition
    Currently CHO Cycling with low/moderate/high days. During cycle I will be eating near maintenance (slightly above caloric requirements as I am not looking for any substantially large gains in weight. I would prefer to keep fat gains to a minimal if I am unable to shed some extra fat during cycle.

The Cycle
    So my intentions are to run a simple testosterone enanthate only 10 week cycle. I am thinking of doing 500mgs/ week split into two injections of 250mgs on Monday mornings and Thursday afternoons. But I was wondering if I would be able to inject 400mgs/week one and two (if possible in one injection on Monday morning).its possible but why? This would be followed by a week three increases to 500mgs/week (in the two doses of 250mgs). Or could this mess up the balanced plasma concentrations? I thought it may be fine because of the longer ester.

Week Injection 1 (Monday) Injection 2 (Thursday)
    1 400mgs N/A
    2 400mgs N/A
    3 250mgs 250mgs
    4 250mgs 250mgs
    5 250mgs 250mgs
    6 250mgs 250mgs
    7 250mgs 250mgs
    8 250mgs 250mgs
    9 250mgs 250mgs
    10 250mgs 250mgs

If this injection schedule may cause trouble I will do two injections of 200mgs. What are your thoughts on this plan?

PCT
    I have nolva, clomid, and letro on hand. I will run nolva and Clomid for PCT and have letro if I have any gyno issues start. Should I use letro .25mg every third day on cycle to combat estrogen or is the substance too strong and cause a negative estrogen rebound effect when I stopns?i would use a-dex or aromison over letro letro can lower estro levels and inhibit gains
    Week Nolva/day Clomid/day
    13 40mg 100mgs
    14 20mgs 50mgs
    15 20mgs 50mgs
    16 20mgs 50mgs

I think that covers anything so if any feedback could be provided I would appreciate it.
    Thanks.
    bold

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Well done on your research, I would stick with the same injection protocol and dosages all the way through, see how you react seeing its your first cycle. I would also agree with the above and change the letro for something alittle less harsh IMHO. Start your pct 14 days after your last injection.

Best of luck

Quote Originally Posted by marcus300 View Post
    Well done on your research, I would stick with the same injection protocol and dosages all the way through, see how you react seeing its your first cycle. I would also agree with the above and change the letro for something alittle less harsh IMHO. Start your pct 14 days after your last injection.

Best of luck
    thanks marcus i knew i forgot something

psa
    psa is offline Junior Member
    Why are you shooting 400mg once a week, for two weeks?? Enth needs to be shot E3D for stable blood levels. You cant double up and do a single, weekly dosage...

Blacksrt42004 is offline Junior Member
    Our stats are very similar. I wouldn't go with the 400mgs and then up it to 500mgs. Just go with the 500mgs and keep everything the same the whole cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by marcus300 View Post

Best of luck
    Yes I will be starting PCT 14 days post final injection; I should have been clearer in my original post. Is it necessary to use something such as Arimidex throughout the cycle? Or should I only use it if I start to notice estrogen related side effects?

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksrt42004 View Post
    Our stats are very similar. I wouldn't go with the 400mgs and then up it to 500mgs. Just go with the 500mgs and keep everything the same the whole cycle.
    I will do two injections/ week both at 250mgs, but for curiosity’s sake is there a reason that it is not recommended to have a small taper up?

Sorry for the bump boys, but I was hoping I could get some opinions (answers) on questions below (in bold)?

Yes I will be starting PCT 14 days post final injection; I should have been clearer in my original post. Is it necessary to use something such as Arimidex throughout the cycle? Or should I only use it if I start to notice estrogen related side effects?

I will do two injections/ week both at 250mgs, but for curiosity’s sake is there a reason that it is not recommended to have a small taper up?

Sorry for the bump boys, but I was hoping I could get some opinions (answers) on questions below (in bold)?
    Running an ai on cycle is personal choice, however if it's your first cycle you don't know if you are prone to erse, so you may err on the side of caution and run arimidex at .25mgs Ed or .50mgs eod
    Tapering just seems to serve no purpose as the enthanate ester releases slow enough to keep blood levels stable at 2x pw injection

xxblazenlowxx is offline Associate Member
    If anything you would double your first two injections (frontload) to get levels up faster since it is a ten week cycle, I do not think 400 to 500mg the first two weeks would make much of a difference but it is not optimum.

Thank you for the quick replies.

I have started my cycle and everything is going well. I have a total of 50ml @250g/ml and was wondering if the cycle is running well should I continue into week 12-16? Or should I plan on shutting it down right at 10 because this is my first cycle?

Matt is offline AR's Hot British Pimp Daddy ~HOF~
    Blog Entries
    I would not run it past 12 weeks, that would make a good cycle and you will have some left over for another cycle later in the year.....
    Do not ask me for a source check.

That is what I was thinking, but have heard some chatter about running it into week 16. Thanks for the input.

UPDATE

So I did my final shot yesterday. I decided to stop at 10 weeks despite the gains. I will be starting PCT in 13 days. I had minimal (read close to zero sides) during cycle and hope this continues into and out of PCT.

Strength gains were great. Defiantly added size (inch + at most sites) while losing body fat (and waist dropped). Overall I would say I am very pleased with my cycle results.

Bigd89 is offline Senior Member
    How much weight did you gain?

Weighted in this morning at 200.5lbs. So just under 11lbs on a close to maintenance diet (+1750 kcal/ week).

Thread Information