Cacu is offline Junior Member

Will TEST inevitably lead to TRT? Experienced please reply.

Obviously, I'm new. I spent the last three days pouring over this stickies so patience for this newb.

I have a question for those that have been on Test.
    Do you feel that eventually you will be on TRT? Are you on TRT?

I understand some people plan poorly and are therefore in need of TRT.
    But my question is directed to the intelligent cyclers?

Barring the obvious risk of tinkering,
    do you think that once one tinkers with the machinery that the need for Test supplementation is inevitable?

Matt is offline AR's Hot British Pimp Daddy ~HOF~
    Blog Entries
    This is a very open ended question.

My opinion is this, if everything is done correctly theres still the slight risk, be it very small of you not fully recovering. However that risk becomes much much greater when your body hasn't had the time to fully develop, i.e your under the age of 25.....
    Do not ask me for a source check.

MBMETC is offline Anabolic Member
    you know what they say, keep going bact to the well and eventually it will be dry. i dunno like matt said if you recover fully than you can get away with cycling mutible times. this is why pre and post blood work is so important

D7M
    D7M is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer (RETIRED)
    Blog Entries
    I think its a real possibility that one should be aware of.

It would be very, very rare to permanently damage your HPTA after one or two properly done cycles,

but after years of cycling, even with proper protocols, my test levels consistently came back lower and lower after each cycle, which is why I'm on TRT now.

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Quote Originally Posted by D7M View Post

It would be very, very rare to permanently damage your HPTA after one or two properly done cycles,

but after years of cycling, even with proper protocols, my test levels consistently came back lower and lower after each cycle, which is why I'm on TRT now.
    ^^ correct agreed.

It depends on many issues but how aggressively you cycle over the years will undoubtedly have a huge impact in later life, I would say ive seem many guys who have ran many cycles go on hrt sooner than the normal age of hrt. I am on HRT because of my steroid use over the years, i just couldnt recover and my natural test just went further down hill.

I would imagine that even being careful, there may be an eventuality.
    Everyone agrees PCT is important. But people take different approaches. Have read some say that they try and see if their balls kick in on their own and then try PCT if they see a problem.
    I would definitely side with doing a PCT protocol, but is there any efficacy to letting the bottom go back to normal on its own?

P.S.
    I just got labs drawn a month ago. (I'm older than 30.)
    My Test levels were high according to my doc. I am getting copies soon because, I don't know if he was looking at free Test or what?
    I'm holding off getting "on" until I read sub 15% bf levels.

Quote Originally Posted by marcus300 View Post
    ^^ correct agreed.

It depends on many issues but how aggressively you cycle over the years will undoubtedly have a huge impact in later life, I would say ive seem many guys who have ran many cycles go on hrt sooner than the normal age of hrt. I am on HRT because of my steroid use over the years, i just couldnt recover and my natural test just went further down hill.
    How is HRT? Do the doses increase with time? You situation is excellent considering you've been Bodybuilding for over 20 years.

Duckhombre is offline Associate Member
    Abuse inevitably leads to hrt. Sane dosing and length of cycles, probably raises your chances of permanent shutdown only slightly.

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Quote Originally Posted by Cacu View Post
    How is HRT? Do the doses increase with time? You situation is excellent considering you've been Bodybuilding for over 20 years.
    My HRT dose stays the same, it doesnt increase over time.

@Marcus -

Is the restriction on pricing also applicable to HRT?
    I'd like to ask how much HRT cost and do you have to do HGH as well?

Matt is offline AR's Hot British Pimp Daddy ~HOF~
    Blog Entries
    ^^ Marcus is British so his trt will free....
    Do not ask me for a source check.

My total Testosterone - 500 ng/dL. Midrange I guess.

Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    This is why people here are so repetative with some of the things we say. If you don't know what you are doing..... the risks go up. Some guys come in ehre wanting advice on how to cycle..... they wanna look great through their 20's for the beach. By the time they hit 30-40 they're settled down.... .theyre not aprtying anymore..... and the "body" gets let go. Imagine needing to be on TRT for the rest of your life and not even being in the bodybuilding life style?

For me..... bodybuilding is a life style..... i'll doit for as long as I can. The risks I assume in regards to trt are acceptable for me..... inevitably..... i'll be on it.

~Haz~
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......

xxblazenlowxx is offline Associate Member
    When on trt do you have to see a doc for injections or do you get a bottle from the pharmacy and do your own injections? How often does your endo pull a panel?

DKbuilder is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    This is why people here are so repetative with some of the things we say. If you don't know what you are doing..... the risks go up. Some guys come in ehre wanting advice on how to cycle..... they wanna look great through their 20's for the beach. By the time they hit 30-40 they're settled down.... .theyre not aprtying anymore..... and the "body" gets let go. Imagine needing to be on TRT for the rest of your life and not even being in the bodybuilding life style?

For me..... bodybuilding is a life style..... i'll doit for as long as I can. The risks I assume in regards to trt are acceptable for me..... inevitably..... i'll be on it.

~Haz~
    The bold part - is that with controlled use of AAS and proper PCT or aggresive cycles with the minimum of PCT and short time off periods?

dec11 is offline 'everything louder than everything else'
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by D7M View Post

this is what happened to me, it only took 5 cycles..........

Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by DKbuilder View Post
    The bold part - is that with controlled use of AAS and proper PCT or aggresive cycles with the minimum of PCT and short time off periods?

Sorry if I wasn't clear haha - what I meant was...... A lot of guys come in here and go hard for 10 years to look good. Then eventually let themselves go when they settle down by quitting the life-style.

If this is your life-style and you cycle properly and manage to stop cycling before you need trt..... AND you continue working out hard and eating right..... you'll still look great. You just wont be able to maintain a superhuman build......

~Haz~
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......

dec11 is offline 'everything louder than everything else'
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckhombre View Post
    Abuse inevitably leads to hrt. Sane dosing and length of cycles, probably raises your chances of permanent shutdown only slightly.
    inaccurate info. i used lightly and 5 cycles later im on trt

I appreciate your sharing this stuff. I love this forum, a lot of cats willing to dish the truth.

MBMETC is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cacu View Post
    I appreciate your sharing this stuff. I love this forum, a lot of cats willing to dish the truth.
    Thats what makes the Internet so powerful you can lay it all out there and hide behind a screen without the worry of people passing judgment.

SMcB is offline Associate Member
    Wow, that really sucks. What are your natural test levels at this point? When you say you 'used lightly' what kind of dosages did you use, what compounds and how long were your cycles?

Thread Information