toooosmall is offline 1st Place Winner~Transformation Contest!

first injection ever: blood squirted alot. concerned...

39 yrs
    193 lbs
    I just did my first injection. Test E. I only did 125mgs as a trial run.
    half way through, i realized i didn't check to see if i was in a vessel, so i pulled back a couple times, felt pressure, but no blood entered syringe. but when i pulled it out, blood squirted out, and flowed a little, til i covered it with a tissue (panicked, didn't have the alcohol pad in hand). Maybe this is normal?
    it was a 1" 23g needle.
    injected on right side of right thigh, slightly higher than middle
    I studied up alot about injecting, but forgot that one important step.
    I feel fine, maybe a little strange here n there (anxiety?)
    I was worried i may have injected intraveniously. Maybe i simply pierced a vessel on the way in?
    Do i need to be concerned?
    How does someone know if they injected a vessel? what would they feel/experience?
    I'd like to do more in the morning, perhaps 125-250mg.
    Last edited by toooosmall; 01-21-2011 at 09:53 PM.

Far from massive is offline Knowledgeable Member
    No you are fine, if you had injected into a vein you would have been coughing etc. The blood that squirted out was probably a vessel near the surface that leaked, some leak more than others nothing to worry about. Also you probably moved the needle around a lot being your first time and all which causes more trauma.

FFM

As to your question about how would you know, usually you will get a weird dry sensation and strange taste at the back of the throat and then a sudden onset non productive cough (medical term) and often you will sweat profusely , get chills etc. A lot depends on the amount of oil injected, what it does is form microembolisms at the lungs which cause the cought but not to worry they disapate.

If you google sudden onset non-productive cough after IM injection you will see that this kind of thing happens in medical settings when registered nurses are injecting steroids IM so its not the end of the world LOL it typically happens in about 1-2% of patients receiving bi-monthly injections for a year and it typically happens most on the thigh since of approved IM injection sites this is the one with the most veins.

http://humrep.oxfordjournals.org/con...4/862.full.pdf

FFM
    Last edited by Far from massive; 01-21-2011 at 09:58 PM.

eGGz is offline Anabolic Member
    I've had blood shoot out of my delt a couple of times.
    Startled me the first time. I must have passed through or nicked a vein.
    If you inject oil into a vein you will definitely know it once the oil gets to your lungs.
    Mega coughing fit. been there, done that, got the tee shirt.

whew...thanks guys, big time!

RaZr is offline Member
    This doesnt have to do with steroids but I got a Bicillin shot in my glutes during basic and when the nurse pulled the needle out she shouted across the room we have a squirter! and i laughed because i saw her and her uniform was covered in my blood.

lol! unfortunately mine got on the wife's bright yellow bathroom rug. its in the wash, so hopefully no explanation necessary!

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    have the wife do the injections for you...wouldn't it be easier for her to stab you then for you to stab yourself...well you know what I mean

Tigershark is offline "Who wants to be Clark Kent, when you can be Superman."
    You are fine. Prob went through a vien. This happens to me on occasion also. But you did the right thing coming here and asking. First time this happened to me I came here and asked also.

Standby is offline ~AR's Nice Guy
    for next time in case you are a squirter if you get blood on something like the rug dribble water on it and poor salt on it then dribble some water on the salt and let it sit it should take the blood out then wash it

flexandex is offline Associate Member
    those coughing fits sound horrible.. :Z

Tigershark is offline "Who wants to be Clark Kent, when you can be Superman."
    Quote Originally Posted by flexandex View Post
    I've heard it feels like you are going to die.

Anabolic_Minds is offline Associate Member
    first time i pinned myself ever i saw a lot of blood coming out, covering the whole area i had piined on my glute. I was scaed since it was my first time ever. it took me about 10 min to finally pin myself and once in, i kept the needle there for about 10 mins, and i kept moving my leg. I did do the blood check and it was ok, i later found out that the moving of my leg had caused it, so probably u pinned and moved ur leg. if that was the case just remain steady next time and avoid moving ur leg at all

cool, thanks guys.
    lol girl-g, have the wife do it!! she would SH!T if she knew i was doin this! but I've got a good plan to keep it all on the down-low.
    standby, thanks. good info. I'm gonna try to make sure it can only get on linoleum now!
    anabolic , lol, 10 minutes is a long time! surprisingly, i did a good coordinated job. i thought i really fukt myself when i saw that blood squirt like a fountain, though. i hurried to clean up everything in case i needed to be rushed to the hospital! now i can lol, sorta

dec11 is offline 'everything louder than everything else'
    Blog Entries
    ive had afew 'geesers' in my time, you'll be fine

JohnnyVegas is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    I've only had one bleeder, but it just dribbled out for a while. Poke a few hundred holes in your body and you will eventually see some blood.

Shol'va is offline Productive Member
    I only inject in the quads but have never hit a vein as of yet. knock on wood. But i also thoroughly check out the area to be injected making sure I see no surface veins in advance. so far so good. But I've only done 36 pins thus far. But I'm thinking, wouldn't you lose all of your test by bleeding it out if you did hit a vein?

dec11 is offline 'everything louder than everything else'
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Shol'va View Post
    I only inject in the quads but have never hit a vein as of yet. knock on wood. But i also thoroughly check out the area to be injected making sure I see no surface veins in advance. so far so good. But I've only done 36 pins thus far. But I'm thinking, wouldn't you lose all of your test by bleeding it out if you did hit a vein?
    no, if you've aspirated then injected and withdrawn and get a bleed, its from a vessel you've hit on the way in. when i pin i always pull the needle halfway out and let it sit for 20secs or so, inject sites close over mega fast thus keeping the oil in there.

Anabolic_Minds is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dec11 View Post
    no, if you've aspirated then injected and withdrawn and get a bleed, its from a vessel you've hit on the way in. when i pin i always pull the needle halfway out and let it sit for 20secs or so, inject sites close over mega fast thus keeping the oil in there.
    nice tip I'll do that tomorrow. i saw some blood on my last injection just a few drops, but while cleaning it i also notice some oil, i guess some came out.

SlimJoe is offline Banned
    Same just happened to me so i came to the place where the guys no best and found my answer

Pac Man is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by flexandex View Post
    Yea, they're no fun.

jla1986 is offline Junior Member
    Yeah feels like your about to die but im still around to tell about it.

mxbrown is offline New Member
    Just had a bleeder. Nice to find this. My blood was dark red so it wasn't an artery. Wife was in the shower and had to clean up fast. I left the bottle of cyp on the bathroom counter while cleaning up. When she came out she didn't notice the vial. I did the point and said ol' "what's that over there?" and swipped the vial with the other hand behind my back and stuffed in my underwear. Actually, it's still there while I type this. Just waiting for her to get out of the bathroom.
    Thanks all for the replies. I'll sleep a little better.

thebigshow is offline Junior Member
    you should alcohol pad all the time, bro

thebigshow is offline Junior Member
    sorry i forgot a word 'have'

nilrac is offline Member
    This is going to happen from time to time. As people have already said, if you are in a vein, you will know all about it!

If you are concerned about losing any medication try a z-track injection method. This could also help a little with any 'vein nick' bleeds.

Thread Information