needbigguns is offline Once Human and Inferior - Now Beast-Like and Superior

Muscle Memory - Your Thoughts & Experiances! Back After a LONG break...

Hi guys.

Ive been on hear training and juicing for years.

About 14 months ago i did my first show and come 3rd in my class and region.
    I trained like hell for it, dieted hard and did well.

After that, for the last 14 months since i pretty much havent lifted a weight, or even had a reasonable diet! Thing is i was obsessed with training/juice/learning etc before but doing that show which had been a goal for years was kind of like closure on things for a while, as I have had other shit to do and commitments etc with work...

Anyhow, its been a nice year off but its January now and ive got the itch again for the gym! In the past few weeks i feel back to how i was before, slipped back into eating well quickly and i am loving my training again!

Juice wise, i havent taken anything for about 8/9 months. When i did, i did a few weeks of prop then stopped in the middle of the year as i just dint have the commitment. After that, still around 6 months ago, i had a month on a Prohormone, but still i cut it short as my heart just wasnt back in the gym.

Anyway, back to my previous mindset i think and i the past 3 weeks i have grown great naturally! I am taking Creatine/Protein & a test booster at the moment. I am going to train naturally for a while before juicing and then i am going to try short cycles again. Dont want to run long ones anymore.

What are your experiences with things like this? Have any of you pretty much stopped training for a year before? When you got back, how long did it take to get back in shape? I was certainly at my best before i stopped. I hope my muscle memory remembers that well!

How quick have you guys turned around your physique? It was definitely the worst its been in about 6 years as of two weeks ago but already i am growing each day!

Thanks

dec11 is offline 'everything louder than everything else'
    Blog Entries
    ive been out 4mths before, went from 15st to 8st (bad car acc.) had it all back within 8wks and thts when i was natty

muscle memory is an amazing thing

manveer1 is offline Associate Member
    need big guns..... how much did you lose strength and muscle wise? eg your bicep curl, and what happened to your muscles after that long of not training

dec11 is offline 'everything louder than everything else'
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by manveer1 View Post
    need big guns..... how much did you lose strength and muscle wise? eg your bicep curl, and what happened to your muscles after that long of not training
    well, for me, tht was almost 10yrs ago so i dont really rem my workout weights. i basically just got smaller and quite a bit weaker. im naturally quite light, i wouldnt be much more than 11st untrained

eGGz is offline Anabolic Member
    It comes back fast. Was off for three years and gained everything back and more in two cycles.

Duckhombre is offline Associate Member
    I always said "No, not muscle memory, diet and training memory!" I didn't like people writing off my gains as easy or expected. Now I wonder, I review the notes, I look at the numbers. My diet multiplied in calories by a factor 4.2 in three months, and I gained 42lbs naturally in under a year. Now at this point, training for 14 months, my bench is up 265lbs from start. I am now at 80-85% peak except for legs. Never dreamed I would come this far this fast. I used a little GH, and wonder retrospectively, if this is not having profound effect.

I was in bad accident, no walking for a while, lost about 65lbs.

needbigguns is offline Once Human and Inferior - Now Beast-Like and Superior
    My strength at the moment is SHOCKING!

I cant belive how much strength I have lost. No bullshit, I could lift more in the last year of high school than I can these past few weeks which is hard on the ego haha.

How fast did you guys get your strength back?

Yeh i think i am going to have at least 8 weeks back natural etc.

One big plus however, my receptors will be minty fresh!

MACHINE5150 is offline "AR's Vanilla Gorilla"
    size comes back quickly but strength takes some time.. i only started lifting again about 18 months ago, after taking 6 years off.. i am bigger now than i was before, but my bench is only around 370.. when it was around 450 in my hay day.. it took be 6 years of training to get it there though, so even if it takes half that long to get it back it will be worth it.

JohnnyVegas is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Quote Originally Posted by MACHINE5150 View Post
    size comes back quickly but strength takes some time.. i only started lifting again about 18 months ago, after taking 6 years off.. i am bigger now than i was before, but my bench is only around 370.. when it was around 450 in my hay day.. it took be 6 years of training to get it there though, so even if it takes half that long to get it back it will be worth it.
    This matches up with my experience. I had an eating disorder and dieted down to 165 and then hurt my back and was out of the gym for four years. Just eating again put a surprising amount of muscle back on, and I am happy with how things are going now that I am back to the gym. But I am lifting baby weights.

bigdaddyets is offline Junior Member
    Blog Entries
    Just wanted to say luck with getting back to where you want to be.

8pointer is offline New Member
    I'm new to the board and would just like to say hi to everyone!
    My experience w/muscle memory is this: For me strength comes back quickly for about the first 3 months, but size seems to SLOWLY!!! return and nothing like the explosive size/strength gains when the chemistry is correct! I was on and off working out for about 4 years (off more than on) and lost about 20#, but started back naturally and used creatine and protein supplements and gained about 5# in 6 months which 1/2 was most likely water weight from the creatine. Don't get me wrong.....I never got close to size and strength levels naturally that I was able to when I was using. Hope this helps some.

Duckhombre is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by needbigguns View Post
    How fast did you guys get your strength back?

Yeh i think i am going to have at least 8 weeks back natural etc.

One big plus however, my receptors will be minty fresh!
    50% came back fast, other is coming slower. I was on 700mg of tren , 1400mg test, EQ, and drol when I lost my fight, broke both legs, collapsed lung ect. Was thinking i was going to start with a G of test and some anabolics. Old man said talked me into trying half that for a while, and holly pow, it's like my first cycle all over again. I cannot imagine growing any faster. It's like my receptors doubled. Everything feels like I'm on double what I am actually dosing, it's amazing! Tren sweats from less than 200mg/week! I blew up form 40mg of d-bol! It's been great. I recommend you try it out.

Thread Information