meatball2011 is offline Junior Member

Advil/Ibuprofren/Aleve

Hi all,

I'm in my first week on a Test Enanthate . Can I take the above medications for my shoulder joint pain while on this cycle? I have a few tears in my both of my shoulders and they get inflamed once in a while limiting my workouts. (& no I don't have deca )

Thanks,

Meatball

delta1111 is offline Associate Member
    Anti inflamatories can effect gains.

POPS is offline Senior Member
    If youre talking about once every so many weeks then I dont see a problem. It your in pain then youre in pain, plain and simple. But dont get used to taking any of these as it may hinder gains as mentioned above.

I had the same question last year when I ran var/tbol. At times I just dealt with the pain mostly cause Im running 2 orals but I do remember having to take alleve once cause the pain was too much. So look at it this way, 1 anti inflamatory pill in 8 weeks......no biggie.........

jmo...

Necrosaro is offline Senior Member
    This will only make the problem worse! Stop the cycle and do a proper pct and see who you can get for therepy to repair it the best you can. I had a torn muscle in my glute and did the exact thing you did and it only got worse. Get it fixed is my best advice

Considering is offline Junior Member
    Not a good time to go on.

Quote Originally Posted by POPS View Post
    If youre talking about once every so many weeks then I dont see a problem. It your in pain then youre in pain, plain and simple. But dont get used to taking any of these as it may hinder gains as mentioned above.

I had the same question last year when I ran var/tbol. At times I just dealt with the pain mostly cause Im running 2 orals but I do remember having to take alleve once cause the pain was too much. So look at it this way, 1 anti inflamatory pill in 8 weeks......no biggie.........

jmo...
    thanks. that's kinda what i thought.

meatball

Quote Originally Posted by Necrosaro View Post
    This will only make the problem worse! Stop the cycle and do a proper pct and see who you can get for therepy to repair it the best you can. I had a torn muscle in my glute and did the exact thing you did and it only got worse. Get it fixed is my best advice
    stopping the cycle is not an option. i appreciate your concern, but i've had these torn shoulders for 11 years, since my last year of college football. not new pains or problems, just old problems i refuse to get surgery on. thanks for your concern, but i'm using my shoulders till they blow out completly, haha. yes, i have 5 years of physical therapy experience (i used to be a PTA) and I have extensive knowledge of the shoulder and my shoulders. I still incline bench over 315 on SHOT shoulders. my doctor says i'm a miracle.

meatball

i guess i'll stick to ice and fish/flax/olive oil/lots of water.

and i will use an anti-inflammatory IF I have serious pain.

i know my shoulders are bad and I've been living with them for over a decade. posted this for information, just in case the extra weight causes unbareable pain.

i haven't used ANY type of these pills in well over 1 1/2 years and have been lifting fine, with pain.

I know how to treat them and what to do, just wondering if the pills would mess with my cycle/drug i'm injecting. thanks for your guys help. appreciate it.

meatball

p.s. i'm not on the enanthate for size or to add serious muscle i don't have. i'm jacked already. i just hit 33 years old and i can't recover from workouts for the first time in my LIFE. i'm dosing enanthate low.
    Last edited by meatball2011; 01-26-2011 at 05:30 PM.

thx bro...

M302_Imola is offline Knowledgeable Member
    NSAID's can hinder protein synthesis. That being said I have taken ibuprophen on cycle (lower back pumps were on bearable) and I don't feel it hindered anything. The bottom line is if you can't train with full intensity due to an injury I would go ahead and pop a few IB's before your workout to help with this. I have heard of professional body builders who consume 8-12 200mg IB's before workouts (I don't advise this but some do).

RaZr is offline Member
    I'd rather stack anadrol dbol and superdrol for 8 weeks then take that much IB on a daily basis lol.

I suggest you stretch and warm up the shoulder area a little longer than usual and also ad Ibuprofen at 6-800 mg.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Singletary View Post
    I suggest you stretch and warm up the shoulder area a little longer than usual and also ad Ibuprofen at 6-800 mg.
    Ya, i've been icing my shoulder before I head to the gym to knock out inflammation. Did it today & made it through Arnolds chest/back superset workout. I mean, i had some shoulder discomfort...but i made it w/o taking any pills. thanks for your input, i'll be taking an anti-inflammatory only if it's so bad I can't train.

Thanks,

Meat

Quote Originally Posted by M302_Imola View Post
    NSAID's can hinder protein synthesis. That being said I have taken ibuprophen on cycle (lower back pumps were on bearable) and I don't feel it hindered anything. The bottom line is if you can't train with full intensity due to an injury I would go ahead and pop a few IB's before your workout to help with this. I have heard of professional body builders who consume 8-12 200mg IB's before workouts (I don't advise this but some do).
    ok, thanks fror your input. i have heard of professional body builders who consume cocaine and jack daniels during their cycles....hehe. but ya, i'm sure taking IB's in moderation won't kill my gains. My diet is perfect and I train like a fckin' animal...

MEATBALL

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by meatball2011 View Post
    Hi all,

I'm in my first week on a Test Enanthate . Can I take the above medications for my shoulder joint pain while on this cycle? I have a few tears in my both of my shoulders and they get inflamed once in a while limiting my workouts. (& no I don't have deca )

Thanks,

Meatball
    You can but I would only take as needed. I like ALEVE because it works so well on 1-2 tabs per day.

Tigershark is offline "Who wants to be Clark Kent, when you can be Superman."
    How severe is the tear?

M302_Imola is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by meatball2011 View Post
    ok, thanks fror your input. i have heard of professional body builders who consume cocaine and jack daniels during their cycles....hehe. but ya, i'm sure taking IB's in moderation won't kill my gains. My diet is perfect and I train like a fckin' animal...

MEATBALL
    Of course, cocaine and Jack are a staple of mine as well! j/k Perfect diet huh? Careful with using such words as "perfect", as changes can always be made. Perfection is something we always strive for but never hardly reach! Good luck w/ the training. I might suggest ice then heat after training...as the ice will help bring the inflammation down and the heat will help disperse that inflammation.

Thread Information