LiftBrah is offline New Member

Thumbs up Looking for suggestions, Cut Cycle.

A few months back I ran my first cycle, Test E for 12 weeks, with D-Bol included in the first four weeks, nolva/clomid for PCT. Cycle went great, I'm currently around 206 at an estimated 14/15% bodyfat. I've been researching my second cycle, which I'd like to start running around April.

I'm looking for suggestions for a cutting cycle, I see many suggestions for Test P/Tren , but this is only my second cycle, and most say to hold off on the Tren, unless some of you say otherwise. So I was wondering what might stack well with Test P/Anavar ? I usually cut around 2500 calories and doing cardio 3-4 times a week, but I'd like to keep as much size as I can.

206lbs
    24 yrs old
    6'0
    3.5 years lifting seriously
    One previous cycle (Test E, D-Bol)
    Last edited by LiftBrah; 02-02-2011 at 12:57 AM.

auslifta is offline Retired MONITOR
    You could stack deca and it still be a cutting cycle, if you adjust your diet to suit you can lose weight. If you retain water on cycle, it can be dropped after. I'd avoid the tren , maybe some stanazol and test, or mast and test.

Quote Originally Posted by auslifta View Post
    You could stack deca and it still be a cutting cycle, if you adjust your diet to suit you can lose weight. If you retain water on cycle, it can be dropped after. I'd avoid the tren, maybe some stanazol and test, or mast and test.
    Thanks for the advice, I like to have time to research what I'm gonna take, so I'll look into both. Appreciate it.

Rocksteady316 is offline Junior Member
    liftbrah

can you just take test e by itself without the dbol ?

im doin some research of my own and i do not like what dbol does to me

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    You don't need to use a lot of compounds or mg to cut, so long there is enough to keep you anabolic during the cutting phase you will be fine, let the diet and cardio do its job. I would go with just a simple test p cycle and maybe throw some var towards the end, no need for tren seeing that its your second cycle keep it simple and don't go overboard with the amounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocksteady316 View Post
    liftbrah

You better starting your own thread and keep this one on track, you will get more answers to your questions then, thanks

bernimx is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by marcus300 View Post
    You don't need to use a lot of compounds or mg to cut, so long there is enough to keep you anabolic during the cutting phase you will be fine, let the diet and cardio do its job.
    Hey marcus,

Would you care to elaborate on what you just said? I've always wonder why people keep saying that you can only use a small amount to cut, just enough to keep you anabolic as you just said.

The way I see this, is the more you use, whether you cut or bulk, the more effective it will be. I mean, I don't know but bodybuilders are probably not dieting for a show on 300mg test prop because they are cutting right? I'm not at all saying that there is not a point of diminishing returns though.

Let's put it all into perspective. Theoretically, mr X will probably keep/add more muscle cutting on 400mg tren and 1g prop and some winny than say 350mg prop alone, don't you think? What I think you are saying though is that yes it will work better, but the higher dosage would be much better utilised if mr X were bulking. Sounds about right?

Quote Originally Posted by bernimx View Post
    Hey marcus,

Would you care to elaborate on what you just said? I've always wonder why people keep saying that you can only use a small amount to cut, just enough to keep you anabolic as you just said.

The way I see this, is the more you use, whether you cut or bulk, the more effective it will be. I mean, I don't know but bodybuilders are probably not dieting for a show on 300mg test prop because they are cutting right? I'm not at all saying that there is not a point of diminishing returns though.

Let's put it all into perspective. Theoretically, mr X will probably keep/add more muscle cutting on 400mg tren and 1g prop and some winny than say 350mg prop alone, don't you think? What I think you are saying though is that yes it will work better, but the higher dosage would be much better utilised if mr X were bulking. Sounds about right?
    If your cutting your going to be in a calorie restricted environment at sometime and your not going to be in a position to build new muscle tissue, being in this position can be very catabolic so we use steroids to keep us in an anabolic environment so muscles tissue isn't wasted, we are not building here we are only using aas to help stop the wastage of tissue while in this cutting phase. You don't need huge amounts of aas to keep yourself in this environment and seeing that your not going to be eating the amount of food and calories to start the building process there isnt really any point in using large amounts of aas. Like Ive stated if your quest is to cut a fair amount of bf you dont need to run high amounts of aas.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocksteady316 View Post
    liftbrah

Yes, you can. The D-Bol is just to "kick start" the cycle, as the Test E takes usually 4-5 weeks to "kick in", it also varies from person to person. Make sure to do a lot of research before making any decisions, and have your PCT ready to go before you cycle.

You don't need to use a lot of compounds or mg to cut, so long there is enough to keep you anabolic during the cutting phase you will be fine, let the diet and cardio do its job. I would go with just a simple test p cycle and maybe throw some var towards the end, no need for tren seeing that its your second cycle keep it simple and don't go overboard with the amounts.
    Thanks a lot, I appreciate the input. Will most likely stick with Test P/Var then.

If your cutting your going to be in a calorie restricted environment at sometime and your not going to be in a position to build new muscle tissue, being in this position can be very catabolic so we use steroids to keep us in an anabolic environment so muscles tissue isn't wasted, we are not building here we are only using aas to help stop the wastage of tissue while in this cutting phase. You don't need huge amounts of aas to keep yourself in this environment and seeing that your not going to be eating the amount of food and calories to start the building process there isnt really any point in using large amounts of aas. Like Ive stated if your quest is to cut a fair amount of bf you dont need to run high amounts of aas.
    This makes perfect sense, thanks.

fishizzle0927 is offline Associate Member
    isnt tren really good for low calorie intake? and also retains far less water than test p or dbol and less liver toxic than anavar .... am i right or way off here......

Thread Information