Supps & Medications YOU take to prevent sickness???

Pretty simple question people... but yeah, what do you do to help boost your immune system while on cycle??

After getting sick a couple of times recently, I have decided to perhaps modify my supps/meds; and am looking for solid 'stacks'

(IE) of what I'm asking:

does anyone use antibiotics at the beginning of the cycle to help with the dreaded test-flu? (if so what type? please also be detailed in protocol usage / duration -- (IE) cipro, erythromycin, cephalexin etc...)

anything used in terms of vitamins while on cycle besides Vit-C and Multi-Vitamin??? and doses?

anyone using B-12 for immune support? what protocol. (i'm reading conflicting studies on if this even works to be honest?)

Throw anything out there - and please justify your reasoning for it's use or inclusion.

Thanks bros...
    Last edited by muscle_dysmorphia; 02-02-2011 at 08:06 PM.

carp123 is offline Banned
    b12,multi vits ,ect are all good as long as used in modaration as for test flu i belive this is linked to the body takeing to the imbalance of hormones an not really sure if it is such a flu like illness were antibiotics are needed or will do much good ,i maybe wrong ..

I think you're right, but i've heard of people using of antibiotics with success at minimizing some of test-flus brutal a$$ symptoms.

thanks for the insights though chief

Bulkn is offline Productive Member
    I use O.N opti-men and ZMA. Seems to work well.

scotty51312 is offline Transformation Challenge Trainer
    the last thing you wanna do is start taking antibiotics to avoid test flu. You're body gets used to antibiotics and it also helps create new mutated strands of the original illness. I haven' thad a cold in 2 years and that was just about the time i started eating healthy, lots of fiberous veggies in my diet. 2grams of vitamin c a day, zinc and vitamin d is all i take durring flu season along with my normal supps.

Quote Originally Posted by scotty51312 View Post
    the last thing you wanna do is start taking antibiotics to avoid test flu. You're body gets used to antibiotics and it also helps create new mutated strands of the original illness. I haven' thad a cold in 2 years and that was just about the time i started eating healthy, lots of fiberous veggies in my diet. 2grams of vitamin c a day, zinc and vitamin d is all i take durring flu season along with my normal supps.
    doses for the zinc and vit-D would be helpful....

thanks for the comments though, I will continue to research the antibiotics.

Quote Originally Posted by Bulkn View Post
    I use O.N opti-men and ZMA. Seems to work well.
    cool, thanks bro

Userat204 is offline Associate Member
    Just 1 to 2 grams vit C, magnesium, zinc. No multi, it makes me feel awful, but not sure why That's all for me. Haven't been sick in two to three years and I'm forced to be around people who are sick on a daily basis due to my job. Not sure what keeps me healthy but I think diet is a huge contributing factor

Rider is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by muscle_dysmorphia View Post
    I think you're right, but i've heard of people using of antibiotics with success at minimizing some of test-flus brutal a$$ symptoms.

thanks for the insights though chief
    I do not find any logic on taking an antibiotic while on cycle of aas just to prevent test flu!! to fight what? test viruses? LOL
    Last edited by Rider; 02-03-2011 at 12:57 PM.

Fetch is offline Member
    Do not use antibiotics for that. Test Flu is caused by an imbalance in hormones. Typical illness is caused by a virus or bacteria. Using an antibiotic when you are not ill from bacteria can only be negative. The best thing is a proper diet. I haven't been sick in years. Not even a cold... lean meats, fibrous vegetables, plenty of orange juice (Post Workout and Morning.)

Quote Originally Posted by Userat204 View Post
    Just 1 to 2 grams vit C, magnesium, zinc. No multi, it makes me feel awful, but not sure why That's all for me. Haven't been sick in two to three years and I'm forced to be around people who are sick on a daily basis due to my job. Not sure what keeps me healthy but I think diet is a huge contributing factor
    Word - sounds good bro. That sounds perfect to me. It's funny you mention it b/c multi-vitamins upset my stomach TERRIBLY as well. So roger that.

Quote Originally Posted by Fetch View Post
    Do not use antibiotics for that. Test Flu is caused by an imbalance in hormones. Typical illness is caused by a virus or bacteria. Using an antibiotic when you are not ill from bacteria can only be negative. The best thing is a proper diet. I haven't been sick in years. Not even a cold... lean meats, fibrous vegetables, plenty of orange juice (Post Workout and Morning.)
    Roger that, thanks bro.

Your display picture is straight f*cked. lol.

Thread Information