brolic272 is offline Junior Member

How do NFL players pass PED tests?

we only hear about 1-2 guys getting caught each year. but everyone says that nearly everyone in the nfl is on something. do they mostly just juice a lot in the offseason and go off cycle during the season? never understood how it worked.

awms is offline Senior Member
    When you can bring in millions of dollars in revenue you can get away with almost anything. A guy like ray lewis prob has made the nfl hundreds of millions of dollars in his career...at the end of the day its a business and they are in it to make money.

Also alot of these guys are on designer gear...stuff that you and I could never get our hands on and have prob never heard off. Sounds crazy right? well look at the balco scandal and you can see exactly how it works.

Let me ask you a qestion? Let say your the commissioner and the head of nfl doping comes to you and says "Tom brady's test came up positive" what do you do? you would prob destroy evidence and tell them to never test brady again....why? because he makes alot of money for the nfl!

I have a budy I work with who played in the NCAA and he told me that atleast half the guys are on some kind of performance enhancing drug and the coaches know about it. he had team mates who came in freshman year at 180lbs and the next summer they were 220lbs and starting. He also ran track and said that most of the top guys are on somthing in track as well.

p.s the guy who Im talking about ran track at the 2004 olympics so Im pretty sure he wasnt blowing steam up my ass lol he had no reason to lie to me or make up stories about his glory days.

chi
    chi is offline Knowledgeable Member
    money makes things disappear, if you havent noticed this world is fueled by greed. What certain people want to happen will happen. The truth doesnt always prevail

Quote Originally Posted by awms View Post
    When you can bring in millions of dollars in revenue you can get away with almost anything. A guy like ray lewis prob has made the nfl hundreds of millions of dollars in his career...at the end of the day its a business and they are in it to make money.

Also alot of these guys are on designer gear...stuff that you and I could never get our hands on and have prob never heard off. Sounds crazy right? well look at the balco scandal and you can see exactly how it works.

Let me ask you a qestion? Let say your the commissioner and the head of nfl doping comes to you and says "Tom brady's test came up positive" what do you do? you would prob destroy evidence and tell them to never test brady again....why? because he makes alot of money for the nfl!
    i completely agree. that would definately hurt the image of the NFL for someone like brady to test positive for PED's. but what about the guys just trying to make the team? you dont hear any positive tests for them either and they're the ones who's career depends on getting an edge.

i also find it funny how brian cushing got busted for HCG and blamed it on "overtaining" and that he had a group of doctors or something who had the science to back it up. is that even possible?

i completely agree. that would definately hurt the image of the NFL for someone like brady to test positive for PED's. but what about the guys just trying to make the team? you dont hear any positive tests for them either and they're the ones who's career depends on getting an edge.

i also find it funny how brian cushing got busted for HCG and blamed it on "overtaining" and that he had a group of doctors or something who had the science to back it up. is that even possible?

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by brolic272 View Post
    It's much more likely that he was sold HCG that was labeled as HGH.

eyepoker is offline Junior Member
    Money buys anything. NFL players have pretty unlimited resources so im not surprised they can get around drug tests.

supe3 is offline Associate Member
    [QUOTE=awms;5515271]Also alot of these guys are on designer gear...stuff that you and I could never get our hands on and have prob never heard off. Sounds crazy right? well look at the balco scandal and you can see exactly how it works. QUOTE]

Anyone want to explain this a little better? Give some examples?

Even the "little guy" or the back ups are making 500 thousand to 1 or two million a year....much more than you or I! they can afford to pay guys like Victor conte alot of money to get them undetectable gear.

Also there are easy ways around cheating a test. One way the is common is to have a doctor take a tub and inject somone eles urin into your bladder...sound gross I know but if your making 1.5 million a year you would prob stick a tube up your junk too keep the money coming lol

I also think there are just some guys who play russian rulet. Not every player gets tested and there are alot of guys who go their whole career with out geting tested.

Balco was a lab that made "designer steroids " for a long time without geting caught.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BALCO_Scandal

Honkey_Kong is online now Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Everybody's got a price. That's how they get past the PED tests.

chi
    chi is offline Knowledgeable Member
    the wizzinator comes in an assortment of colors

AlphaMaleDawg is offline Senior Member
    some of this doesn't add up. Brian Cushing, coming off a rookie defensive player of the year season, all of a sudden tests positive for HCG . Supposedly, he failed this test before the season started but the appeal lasted long enough to the point it didn't get revealed to the public until right after the season ended. To say he wasn't in the spotlight last season before this came out is not an accurate statement, since his name was mentioned in every highlight and every discussion about who the rookie of the year should be. So yes it's a good theory that money has a lot to do with it, but then how does that explain Cushing's test getting out to the public, or Shawne Merriman's several years ago when he was regarded as the best linebacker in the NFL at the time?

It's not as simple as some of you suggest. You really need to look into it before jumping to a simple conclusion

Imo their going to have to catch some people some times...you cant have a large league like the nfl and save every ones ass all the time. The league isnt stupid they know that alot of guys are on somthing but they turn a blind eye and make an example of a few guys so they can feel good about them selfs at the end of the day and they can say to the public "see we care" when really at the end of the day its a business and what makes money is intense bodybuilder like 250lb line backers running into chiseled lighting fast running backs.

Honkey_Kong is online now Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Imo their going to have to catch some people some times...you cant have a large league like the nfl and save every ones ass all the time. The league isnt stupid they know that alot of guys are on somthing but they turn a blind eye and make an example of a few guys so they can feel good about them selfs at the end of the day and they can say to the public "see we care" when really at the end of the day its a business and what makes money is intense bodybuilder like 250lb line backers running into chiseled lighting fast running backs.
    All you have to look at is the fact most NFL linemen are 300lbers who can run the 40 at near track star speeds. The average person can easily tell they're on something, problem is the NFL doesn't want to catch them. And if they do catch somebody it will be one scapegoat.

scotty51312 is offline Transformation Challenge Trainer
    HGH is very hard to detect. And everytime someone comes up with a better test someone comes up with a drug thats harder to detect.

Thread Information