F-Genetics is offline Associate Member

Correct HCG Injection amounts..HELP Please

I reconstituted my HCG already and I am ready to take my first pin of it. I reconstituted in the following amounts so you know what concentration I am dealing with.

-5000 I.U.'s added to 5ml of bacteriostatic water. I believe this to be a ratio of 1:1 from what I have read.

-I have 1/2cc = 50 units insulin needles.

That being the case, I want to use (if I remember correctly) Swifto's advice of 250 I.U.s 2-3 times a week for the duration of the cycle. I believe that the full syringe at 1/2cc = 500 I.U.'s if my math is right.
    The scale would leave me to believe that I need (25 units = 250 I.U.'s) in this case. Does that sound correct? I just do not want to overdose myself.

Far from massive is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!!!!

Your math is correct.

xeroxy is offline Junior Member
    His math is correct but you added far to much bacwater, as with any peptide especially hCG bacwater should be kept to the minimum possible.
    Swifto's advice is very outdated and a protocol of 750-1000iu shot once weekly is a much better protocol as recommended last year by the endocrinology society, i posted the abstract from this article in you hCG thread you already made earlier today.
    It's basis lies in the fact that hCG is bi-phasal so shooting 3 x wk is actually wasting your hCG because the testes will be refractory to further stimulation.

I checked the earlier post and there was no article. You mentioned a CAS report but that was it.
    I think honestly someone should go back and eliminate outdated posts that are no longer pertinent to current trends and studies. It would make it a hell of a lot easier to differentiate between what is recommended and what is outdated.

By the way how could Swifto's advice be outdated? The post was from September of 2010...

Quote Originally Posted by xeroxy View Post
    His math is correct but you added far to much bacwater, as with any peptide especially hCG bacwater should be kept to the minimum possible.
    Swifto's advice is very outdated and a protocol of 750-1000iu shot once weekly is a much better protocol as recommended last year by the endocrinology society, i posted the abstract from this article in you hCG thread you already made earlier today.
    It's basis lies in the fact that hCG is bi-phasal so shooting 3 x wk is actually wasting your hCG because the testes will be refractory to further stimulation.
    OK then give me a link to the study so I can read it. And how would it be wasting the HCG? 3x's a week @ 250 I.U.'s would be the same as injecting 750 I.U.'s once a week.

Quote Originally Posted by F-Genetics View Post
    OK then give me a link to the study so I can read it. And how would it be wasting the HCG? 3x's a week @ 250 I.U.'s would be the same as injecting 750 I.U.'s once a week.
    LOL,as i said it's bi-phasic, there is a secondary peak between 48-72hrs, during this time the leydig cells are refractory to any further stimulation.
    Swifto's post is outdated because it's not his protocol, it's an old protocol from Eric Potratz, the abstract i posted is from a studies done by the endocrinolgy society last year.
    You don't have to believe me, i'm just trying to help you make the best use of your hCG and improve recovery time.

toooosmall is offline 1st Place Winner~Transformation Contest!
    xeroxy, is this to be IM or subQ?
    I would love to read the abstract, if you could point in that direction that would be awesome.

east coast 13 is offline Junior Member
    If you were to mix 5000ius with 10ML bac. water, 1ML = 500ius. If you were to mix 1500ius with 10ML bac. water, 1ML = 150ius.

Kelp is offline New Member
    I'm also very interested in that abstract. xeroxy, won't shooting 750iu increase the chance of Leydig cell desensitisation?

Quote Originally Posted by toooosmall View Post
    xeroxy, is this to be IM or subQ?
    I would love to read the abstract, if you could point in that direction that would be awesome.
    Either IM or sub Q.
    Here's the abstract:

An in vivo injection or an episode of LH secretion induced by GnRH, results in stimulation of the side-chain cleavage enzyme with the subsequent release of testosterone within 30-60 minutes of LH stimulation. The acute response to an injection of LH is dramatic in some species such as the rat and the ram but is much more attenuated in the human. This testosterone response lasts approximately 24-48 hours. If human chorionic gonadotrophin is used as an LH substitute, the kinetics of the initial stimulation are similar to LH but a second peak of testosterone secretion is evidence with hCG and occurs 48-72 hours after the initial injection. This biphasic pattern has been attributed to the observation that between 24 and 48 hours after an LH or hCG injection, the Leydig cells are refractory to further stimulation by either hormone. The second phase of testosterone secretion after hCG but not LH is associated with the longer half-life of hCG in comparison to LH. The hCG levels persist in the circulation and, following recovery from the refractoriness, testosterone levels increase. This observation has significant clinical importance since, in many men, a single weekly injection of hCG will suffice to maintain optimum testosterone responses rather than the frequent practice of giving injections of hCG two to three times per week.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelp View Post
    I'm also very interested in that abstract. xeroxy, won't shooting 750iu increase the chance of Leydig cell desensitisation?
    No, it takes a lot more than that to desensitize the leydig cells.
    A recent study showed that a single dose of 10000iu caused saturation/desensitization of leydig cells for 96hrs.

Far from massive is offline Knowledgeable Member
    The study is very interesting; however it seems that the refractory state of the leydig cells would be seen at 24-48 hrs with a possible secondary effect at 72 hrs. I currently run my HCG at 250 every 84 hrs or 3.5 days so it seems likely that by the time the HCG was exerting its peak activity the refractory state would have likely passed? It seems as if the conclusion at the end of the study mentions that weekly injections for many may suffice, I am not sure what the motivation is to wait a full week. Perhaps as is so common in the medical field anytime a medication needs to be given particularly by injection, they seem eager to lessen the dosing interval even if it lessens the effectiveness or increases sides (pegylated interferon is a good example of this) . If anything I would change my schedule to every 4th day to avoid any contradiction.

Thread Information