Dr Pepper is offline Anabolic Member

Not sure where to post this question

Sorry guys not sure which forum to post this question in. But seeing as this is the most popular forum hopefully i can get directed/moved to the best one quicker.

My question is:

My brother has been training for about two years. However his chest is really suffering. In the middle of his chest its like he has a hole (40mm circle) where there is no muscle at all, like a dent! As he slowly gets bigger and bigger it becomes more evident. This is not caused by differants exercises so therefore not a workout question. Obvious thing to do would be to see a doctor. But just wanted to see if anyone else had had this experience.
    Anyone at all?

Thanks

Eazy20 is offline Member
    Sounds like your brother suffers from a congenital deformity called Pectus excavatum

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pectus_excavatum

Thanks mate, i had a quick read of that. See the piucture in that, its no where near as large as that and the hole sits above his nipple not below like that picture. Still the same thing u think?

Eazy20 is offline Member
    I know that there are definitely different degrees of the condition and the pictures shown are more on the severe end of it, but as far as I know the "hole" can be located anywhere near the chest, however, don't quote me on that because I'm not 100% positive.

No worries thanks mate. At least now he can go to the doctors with more Knoweledge and maybe speed up the process... Thanks

RaZr is offline Member
    My buddy in the military had one between both pecs and he was pretty big and it looked a little ridiculous, He had to get a medical waiver for it to get into the military.

Thread Information