Results 1 to 40 of 40
  1. #1
    super-pump's Avatar
    super-pump is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    134

    BCAA Supplements

    since the supplements forum is pretty inactive i'll post it here....what would you guys recommend for supplementing BCAAs? A lot of my buddies live by the X-Tend powder but I have never used it...

  2. #2
    RaZr is offline Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Dirty Jersey
    Posts
    546
    Just get free form BCAA powder doesnt matter who makes it 4:1:1 is best ratio IMO

  3. #3
    super-pump's Avatar
    super-pump is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    134
    you mean even a cheaper brand like six star is sufficient?

  4. #4
    RaZr is offline Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Dirty Jersey
    Posts
    546
    a BCAA is a BCAA no matter what marketing companies try to tell you

  5. #5
    RaZr is offline Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Dirty Jersey
    Posts
    546
    trueprotein.com is a great place for supplements of high quality, not sure if I can post that link or not someone tell em if i have to remove it.

  6. #6
    bobsappfan is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Thailand
    Posts
    188
    Buy free form stuff and make your own capsules because it tastes like vomit

  7. #7
    bov188's Avatar
    bov188 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    123
    optimum nutrition amino energy

  8. #8
    BigBlackGuy is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    37
    ibcaa, xtend

  9. #9
    RaZr is offline Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Dirty Jersey
    Posts
    546
    Moral is BCAA = BCAA why pay more?

  10. #10
    RaZr is offline Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Dirty Jersey
    Posts
    546
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentaycappone View Post
    Buy free form stuff and make your own capsules because it tastes like vomit
    You should see my bitter beer face at the gym when I had the straight ones with no flavoring

  11. #11
    terraj's Avatar
    terraj is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Japan
    Posts
    2,280
    NutraBio Pure BCAA, it is a 5 pound tub for 80.00 USD- great value, good quality, mixes better then most.

    Man up bitches....taste is not to bad

  12. #12
    Flier's Avatar
    Flier is offline Productive Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    On vacation
    Posts
    2,011
    Dosage?

    Ive seen .44g/kg lean bodyweight = 40g BCAA for a 100kg/220lbs Dude.

    (220 lbs (total weight) - 20 lbs (body fat in lbs)= 200 lbs / 2.2= 90.91 kg (weight in kg) X .44g = 40 grams BCAA per day.)

    Is this about what u guys run?

  13. #13
    M302_Imola's Avatar
    M302_Imola is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Glass Case of Emotion
    Posts
    3,721
    Quote Originally Posted by RaZr View Post
    trueprotein.com is a great place for supplements of high quality, not sure if I can post that link or not someone tell em if i have to remove it.
    I agree...I get the leucine 4:1:1 BCAA's in the orange cream sickle flavor. It's awesome and cheap!

  14. #14
    LatissimusaurousRex is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    US
    Posts
    1,141
    I've been using BCAA Blast. It taste is good, good amount of BCAA's, and cheap.

  15. #15
    LatissimusaurousRex is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    US
    Posts
    1,141
    As mentioned before, you should be taking in a lot more than 1 scoop of these products, a 200 pound guy should be taking in about 40g of BCAA's throughout the day.
    Last edited by LatissimusaurousRex; 03-03-2011 at 06:59 AM.

  16. #16
    terraj's Avatar
    terraj is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Japan
    Posts
    2,280
    Quote Originally Posted by First Timer 42 View Post
    Dosage?

    Ive seen .44g/kg lean bodyweight = 40g BCAA for a 100kg/220lbs Dude.

    (220 lbs (total weight) - 20 lbs (body fat in lbs)= 200 lbs / 2.2= 90.91 kg (weight in kg) X .44g = 40 grams BCAA per day.)

    Is this about what u guys run?
    I'm doing
    5g on waking
    5g mid morning
    5 pre wo
    10G pwo
    5g before bed

    I am cutting and running on very low carbs ATM...also will be adding Glycerol with the BCAA pre wo and pwo for better hydration. I think it depends on your daily cals and macros.

  17. #17
    terraj's Avatar
    terraj is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Japan
    Posts
    2,280
    Quote Originally Posted by LatissimusaurousRex View Post
    Also FYI to any supp newbs, you should be taking in a lot more than 1 scoop of these products, a 200 pound guy should be taking in about 40g of BCAA's during training.
    where did you get that number from? Poliquin ? Overkill IMO....
    Last edited by terraj; 03-03-2011 at 06:50 AM.

  18. #18
    pstacks's Avatar
    pstacks is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    US
    Posts
    192
    I'm a fan of xtend, drink it during my early morning and pwo cardio to prevent catabolism.

  19. #19
    AlphaMaleDawg's Avatar
    AlphaMaleDawg is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,878
    get the cheapest you find. I found that ON makes the cheapest version. All you do is take a teaspoon directly into your mouth, then drink it down. If you mix any bcaa in water and then drink it, it will be a complete mess

  20. #20
    AlphaMaleDawg's Avatar
    AlphaMaleDawg is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,878
    Quote Originally Posted by LatissimusaurousRex View Post
    Also FYI to any supp newbs, you should be taking in a lot more than 1 scoop of these products, a 200 pound guy should be taking in about 40g of BCAA's during training.
    40g during training? are you on crack?

  21. #21
    LatissimusaurousRex is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    US
    Posts
    1,141
    Quote Originally Posted by terraj View Post
    where did you get that number from? Poliquin ? Overkill IMO....
    Sorry I didn't mean you need ALL of your BCAA in consumption during training, but def a good amount for it's muscle sparing qualitites. Also I didn't see someone had already posted the proper dosage. I'm not saying anything new!

  22. #22
    RaZr is offline Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Dirty Jersey
    Posts
    546
    Trueprotein 4:1:1 is cheap like 15.79 a pound thats a little over 450 grams

  23. #23
    M302_Imola's Avatar
    M302_Imola is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Glass Case of Emotion
    Posts
    3,721
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaMaleDawg View Post
    get the cheapest you find. I found that ON makes the cheapest version. All you do is take a teaspoon directly into your mouth, then drink it down. If you mix any bcaa in water and then drink it, it will be a complete mess
    The only drawback to ON's BCAA's is they literally tast like ASS!!!

  24. #24
    Flier's Avatar
    Flier is offline Productive Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    On vacation
    Posts
    2,011
    Quote Originally Posted by LatissimusaurousRex View Post
    Sorry I didn't mean you need ALL of your BCAA in consumption during training, but def a good amount for it's muscle sparing qualitites. Also I didn't see someone had already posted the proper dosage. I'm not saying anything new!
    If you actually are on Crack as AlphaMaleDawg suggests, how do you incorporate that into your diet/workout routine?

  25. #25
    AlphaMaleDawg's Avatar
    AlphaMaleDawg is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,878
    Quote Originally Posted by M302_Imola View Post
    The only drawback to ON's BCAA's is they literally tast like ASS!!!
    just take a teaspoon directly into your mouth then drink the water. If you try to mix pretty much any bcaa in water, it will be a complete mess. ON's is 5g per teaspoon, which is really easy to put into your mouth

  26. #26
    LatissimusaurousRex is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    US
    Posts
    1,141
    Quote Originally Posted by First Timer 42 View Post
    If you actually are on Crack as AlphaMaleDawg suggests, how do you incorporate that into your diet/workout routine?
    Pre-workout, intra-workout, post-workout, and with every meal, and in between every meal

  27. #27
    pavlenko's Avatar
    pavlenko is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    EU
    Posts
    536
    trueprotein has bcaa plus, price and taste its the best!

  28. #28
    Orangutang is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    13
    Damn! I am not taking anywhere near the right dosage. I've been doing 5g before and after work out. Another example of how much I have to learn. Thanks

  29. #29
    LatissimusaurousRex is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    US
    Posts
    1,141
    Quote Originally Posted by Orangutang View Post
    Damn! I am not taking anywhere near the right dosage. I've been doing 5g before and after work out. Another example of how much I have to learn. Thanks
    That's not soooooo bad as long as you're eating, BCAA's are found in foods with a lot of protein. It's just good to get that rush of bcaas around your workout as to try and spare what muscle you can.

  30. #30
    Flier's Avatar
    Flier is offline Productive Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    On vacation
    Posts
    2,011
    Guy at the supp. store today was raving about "Purple Wraath"

    U guys tried it?

  31. #31
    RaZr is offline Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Dirty Jersey
    Posts
    546
    Wrath is pretty good but it tastes worse then butthole, not to mention expensive

  32. #32
    Tigershark's Avatar
    Tigershark is offline "Who wants to be Clark Kent, when you can be Superman."
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    12,886
    I just buy the BCAA that are sold in Wal=Mart. $10 a bottle.

  33. #33
    Good Grip is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    8
    47 bucks for instantized branc chain aimo acids is the best deal I can think of. Primordial Performance has some other good bulk powders for sale too.

  34. #34
    Flier's Avatar
    Flier is offline Productive Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    On vacation
    Posts
    2,011
    Quote Originally Posted by RaZr View Post
    Wrath is pretty good but it tastes worse then butthole, not to mention expensive
    hmmm...never tasted either. I guess Ill pass. (On both).....

  35. #35
    n00bs's Avatar
    n00bs is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    819
    Laugh at people who spend more money on supps then gear...

    Bulk website , buy powders in bulk.. Google I don't know sites for America.

  36. #36
    AllDay's Avatar
    AllDay is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    61
    +1 on the ON stuff. Cheap

  37. #37
    dharts is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    205
    xend is the best. dont get the grape it sucks. imo the orange and the blue razz are awesome. go to prosource they have it cheap

  38. #38
    RaZr is offline Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Dirty Jersey
    Posts
    546
    Quote Originally Posted by Good Grip View Post
    47 bucks for instantized branc chain aimo acids is the best deal I can think of. Primordial Performance has some other good bulk powders for sale too.
    Thats a terrible price for instatized BCAA. How much BCAA are you getting at that price?

  39. #39
    Good Grip is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by RaZr View Post
    Thats a terrible price for instatized BCAA. How much BCAA are you getting at that price?
    1000 grams. The mixability and when mixing with crystal light makes it one of my faves.

  40. #40
    jimmyinkedup's Avatar
    jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Scamming my brothers
    Posts
    11,286
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Good Grip View Post
    47 bucks for instantized branc chain aimo acids is the best deal I can think of. Primordial Performance has some other good bulk powders for sale too.
    Another incognito Primordial Performance rep..shilling their sh1tty products.....

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •