pstacks is offline Associate Member

Week 5 of cyp...receding hair line?

I know hair loss questions normally go in the ar spa, but I need to get your opinions first.

I'm in week 5 of my first cycle (other than stupid dbol cycles when I was young), 500 mg/wk. Also taking 12.5mg aromasin eod, and 250iu 2x/wk hcg .

Is a receding hairline due to the test a possibility this early in my first cycle? I'm getting pretty paranoid here fellas. If so, how (if I can) am I able to stop or hopefully reverse this?

Thanks...

No experiences with this guys?

Like I said, I know this could go in the spa, but it directly relates to my cycle so I wanted to put it here first.

MBMETC is offline Anabolic Member
    yes it's certainly possible at this point in your cycle, i would think levels have reached peak and sides will start to rear their ugly head...

JusLiftIt is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MBMETC View Post
    yes it's certainly possible at this point in your cycle, i would think levels have reached peak and sides will start to rear their ugly head...
    I agree if your worried about it though like really worried I know a few people who have gotten rogain and stopped it.

Thanks for the replys...I see that rogaine says on the bottle that it is not recommended for receding hairline. Your buddies have had good luck though?

Quote Originally Posted by pstacks View Post
    Thanks for the replys...I see that rogaine says on the bottle that it is not recommended for receding hairline. Your buddies have had good luck though?
    Oh yea so have I! People say rogain doesn't cause your hair to grow back, I have a major receding hairline i put that stuff in my hair and hairline and its growing back. Yeah there have been several studies that show rogain does infact grow hair back its not gauranteed but it's work for at least 10 people I know and myself

Flier is offline Productive Member
    Google "Steroids and hair loss"

Are you predisposed?
    Males in your family got hair?

Redial is offline Junior Member
    That Aromasin might have something to do with it too. I myself have done couple test cycles without AI's and even with dbol (which is known pretty hard for hair), and had almost non problems. BUT, Last summer I did mild test cycle with 12,5mg Aromasin ED, and my hair totally changed, my hairline is now over an inch higher and hair allover is very much thinner. Most of this was because of the Anavar -cutting cycle before that, but Aromasin did something bad too that's for sure.

Aromasin is known for causing hairloss, like is test. And when you block out the estrogen aromatisation -> Everything aromatizes to DHT and dht levels are higher -> worse for hair.

Buy Nizoral 2% shampoo and use that every other day. It's slightly anti-androgenic and helps little bit with the hair issue.

Btw, has your scalp been itchy or inflammated during this cycle?

I know hair loss questions normally go in the ar spa, but I need to get your opinions first.

I'm in week 5 of my first cycle (other than stupid dbol cycles when I was young), 500 mg/wk. Also taking 12.5mg aromasin eod, and 250iu 2x/wk hcg .

Is a receding hairline due to the test a possibility this early in my first cycle? I'm getting pretty paranoid here fellas. If so, how (if I can) am I able to stop or hopefully reverse this?

Thanks...
    However you are only 5 weeks into this cycle.
    If you are experiencing hairloss, it´s not from this cycle.
    Prob just your imagination.

Quote Originally Posted by First Timer 42 View Post
    Google "Steroids and hair loss"

Are you predisposed?
    Males in your family got hair?
    I've been doing some reading and I am definitely aware of the risks of hair loss due to gear. My parents and their siblings are fine, but my grandparents were bald and my younger brother has actually been dealing with hair loss from an early age.

i´ve done some reading on this as well, as I am starting my cycle on Sunday. And I would never exchange some additional muscle for my hair.
    So I´m making a calculated risk. But the hairloss from elevated DHT will not occur immediately, but 3-6 months post....at the earliest.
    So if you´re loosing hair now, it´s genetics, not your cycle.

delta1111 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JusLiftIt View Post
    Oh yea so have I! People say rogain doesn't cause your hair to grow back, I have a major receding hairline i put that stuff in my hair and hairline and its growing back. Yeah there have been several studies that show rogain does infact grow hair back its not gauranteed but it's work for at least 10 people I know and myself
    A lot of people have described their hair regrowth from Rogain as being like "peach fuzz". Have you or your friends experienced this? or would you say the new hair is the same as your normal hair?

Jsand777 is offline New Member
    Hey guys. I’m in the same boat being prone to MPB and have been dealing with the same troubles and worries. After much reading and research over the years it seems to me no one has an exact definite clear cut answer as to what is the best/safest steroid for you hair. I’ve read steroid profiles which suggest anavar as easiest going on the hair… but then I’ve also heard the opposite in stories like Redials’. I’ve read that TRT was worse than cycling on and off, but I personally have used Testim gel for somewhere around 4-5 years and had virtually no loss (besides normal aging loss I suppose). Maybe Testim isn’t strong enough for the hair loss side, not sure.
    Overall it seems it really is a mixture of your genetics, body type’s reaction to different drugs and basically… your luck!!! It is a personal struggle and up to you to decide what is worth more, hair or steroids ? I read on a forum a few days ago that if your hair is important then steroids just might not be for you. Seriously, what a drag.

I’m 27 and do use propecia and rogaine. Keeps it pretty thick. I’m prone more in the crown area. I guess you could say I’m a little tiny bit luckier…but I wouldn’t agree. Good luck pstacks! If anyone finds the answer to this subject please post and let us know.

Quote Originally Posted by Redial View Post
    That Aromasin might have something to do with it too. I myself have done couple test cycles without AI's and even with dbol (which is known pretty hard for hair), and had almost non problems. BUT, Last summer I did mild test cycle with 12,5mg Aromasin ED, and my hair totally changed, my hairline is now over an inch higher and hair allover is very much thinner. Most of this was because of the Anavar -cutting cycle before that, but Aromasin did something bad too that's for sure.

Aromasin is known for causing hairloss, like is test. And when you block out the estrogen aromatisation -> Everything aromatizes to DHT and dht levels are higher -> worse for hair.

Buy Nizoral 2% shampoo and use that every other day. It's slightly anti-androgenic and helps little bit with the hair issue.

Btw, has your scalp been itchy or inflammated during this cycle?
    Hmm well I realize that aromasin increases test and as a result dht levels increase as well. But why would the prevention of aromatization to estrogen cause more dht? I was under the impression that dht is a result of test.

And no it has not been itchy/inflamed.

i´ve done some reading on this as well, as I am starting my cycle on Sunday. And I would never exchange some additional muscle for my hair.
    So I´m making a calculated risk. But the hairloss from elevated DHT will not occur immediately, but 3-6 months post....at the earliest.
    Maybe it is just coincidence and bad timing then. I might give rogaine a shot, but Im going to stay away from propecia and such. I don't want to inhibit gains, and I've read that propecia during a cycle will do that.

I knew i was taking a risk and i wont lose sleep over it, so hopefully it turns out to be nothing. Thanks for the info, good luck on your cycle man.

Btw firsttimer,just wondering where you have been doing your reading? Sounds like you have found some good info, and I like to be as informed and possible.

First Timer 42, I’ve heard of the hair loss side popping up much sooner than months post cycle. I thought 5 weeks in would be plenty of time especially if predisposed for it.
    Also, sounds like a great idea but leaves me wondering how exactly does your “calculation” work on this risk?

Quote Originally Posted by Jsand777 View Post
    Hey guys. I’m in the same boat being prone to MPB and have been dealing with the same troubles and worries. After much reading and research over the years it seems to me no one has an exact definite clear cut answer as to what is the best/safest steroid for you hair. I’ve read steroid profiles which suggest anavar as easiest going on the hair… but then I’ve also heard the opposite in stories like Redials’. I’ve read that TRT was worse than cycling on and off, but I personally have used Testim gel for somewhere around 4-5 years and had virtually no loss (besides normal aging loss I suppose). Maybe Testim isn’t strong enough for the hair loss side, not sure.
    Overall it seems it really is a mixture of your genetics, body type’s reaction to different drugs and basically… your luck!!! It is a personal struggle and up to you to decide what is worth more, hair or steroids ? I read on a forum a few days ago that if your hair is important then steroids just might not be for you. Seriously, what a drag.

I’m 27 and do use propecia and rogaine. Keeps it pretty thick. I’m prone more in the crown area. I guess you could say I’m a little tiny bit luckier…but I wouldn’t agree. Good luck pstacks! If anyone finds the answer to this subject please post and let us know.
    Unfortunately I don't have the answer for you man, but good luck to you too. It seems pretty fair to say that if hair is extremely important to you than gear might be a bad idea. Just a risk of playing the game I suppose.

Hmm well I realize that aromasin increases test and as a result dht levels increase as well. But why would the prevention of aromatization to estrogen cause more dht? I was under the impression that dht is a result of test.

And no it has not been itchy/inflamed.
    Hmm, I must say I can't say I'm sure about this, but I have understood that test converts in the end always way or another, either DHT or Estrogen. Taking propecia inhibits DHT conversion, and therefore estrogen levels usually raise big time, causing gyno, puffy outlook, fat gain etc. So in the other hand if estrogen aromatization is inhibited, I think DHT levels will go higher instead. I can be wrong though!

That's just thinking, I don't know the exact explanation but it's for sure that it caused hairloss to me and that was permanent, that lost hair has not came back since.
    If you put aromasin and hairloss in google, you will find a lot of topics about that too.

Usually when gear attacks your hair, scalp gets itchy and inflamed feeling.

But we need to remember there is two kinds of hairloss, temporary acute hairloss when some new drug is effecting in our body or we are going trough major stress etc., that hair will come back. In the other hand there is MPB genetics hairloss, which kills the hair follicle and is permanent.

Maybe your body is just reacting for the high anabolic effect, and dropping the old hairs because of that. Hopefully.

p.s. Don't touch propecia.

Good read from www.

"STEROIDS AND HAIR LOSS

It used to be thought that having a full healthy head of hair and a muscular ripped body were contradictory, if not mutually exclusive propositions, after all if hair loss was related to DHT, and high male hormone levels, how could anyone maximize their own anabolic potential and not have to simultaneously deal with hair loss?? I am personally self absorbed and narcissistic enough to demand both, and have dedicated a great deal of time investigating just how I could have both. All I can tell you is that, after talking to literally hundreds of athletes and bodybuilders, and my own personal experience, it is possible, but you have to know what you're doing.

In this piece I will delve into what effects certain "anabolic agents" consistently have on scalp hair, so you won't inadvertently compromise your hair, or perhaps miss out on some beneficial anabolic agents for fear they will. It may seem to some like I'm advocating the use of certain steroids or stacks, and perhaps I am. I've been training for more then 20 years, and have rally been around the block in this business. I have never had a desire to compete, but have successfully (and unsuccessfully at times) used various "anabolic agents" to stay in top shape, and will continue to do so.

My commitment is simply to tell you in a straightforward, no B.S. way and which ones are safe to use. The medical and legal considerations and ramifications are obviously yours to deal with on an individual basis. As always, consult a "physician".
    Deca Durabolin - I've never had a problem with my hair on this one, neither have hundreds of other guys I've talked to. The safety of this steroid , as far as hairloss is concerned, stems from the fact that 5-alpha-reductase enzyme, instead of converting it to a stronger androgen like DHT, converts it to a very mild androgen called DHN. Taken in dosages of up to 300-400 mg weekly it shouldn't produce any hairloss problems, this is due to the fact that, being a highly HPTA supressive androgen, 300-400 mg are no more androgenic than our endogenous testosterone (supressed while we are taking it) would be.. One BIG word of caution: While you are taken Deca Durabolin never ever take 5AR blockers such as Proscar/Propecia, for it would block the conversion of nandrolone to DHN in tissues such as the scalp and the prostate, resulting in hairloss and BPH, which is what we are trying to avoid taking Deca.

Testosterone cypionate , propionate , etc., androderm, sustanon 250: All of these are different testosterone preparations, they all have the same properties as far as hairloss is concerned: they convert to DHT via 5-alpha-reductase enzyme. That's the main reason why testosterone is so androgenic. However, if one takes testosterone along with a 5AR blocker such as Proscar it's not nearly that harmful for your hair. So, if you are concerned about hairloss and are taking testosterone, always use it along with Proscar. Take into account that DHT is an anti-estrogen and blocking it while your body has supraphysiological levels of testosterone might lead to gynecomastia , so it's advisable to combine Proscar with Arimidex (an aromatase inhibitor).

Anadrol \50 - If you value your hair, don't touch this one with a ten foot pole. Nothing seems to control its negative effects on hair. Not Proscar, Not Nizoral, nothing...

Dianabol -Same as Anadrol\50.

Primobolan - One of the less androgenic steroids. If you are concerned about hairloss this steroid is for you. It's much more anabolic than it is androgenic.

Oxandrolone (Anavar ) - It's the safest steroid for your hair along with Primobolan and Deca.

Boldenone (Equipoise ) - After the Primo, Anavar and Deca this is probably one of the safest for your hair. Although it undergoes 5-alpha-reduction, its affinity for this enzyme is minimal, so there is very little conversion. Moreover, its 5-alpha-reduced form is not as androgenic as DHT.

DHEA - Does not negatively affect hair in men. May help prevent hair loss by offsetting the binding of DHT to follicles. The product is a Disaster for women with hair loss. DHEA causes hair loss in women much like DHT in Men. DHEA discriminates against women.

Androstenedione - The worst of all prohormones in the market. It has a low conversion to testosterone, around 5%, which is damn too low. Worse yet is the fact that, before converting to testosterone, androstenedione directly interacts with aromatase and 5AR, thus converting to estrogen and DHT prior to conversion to target hormone.. You will be far better of using testosterone than this scum.

1-testosterone - A legal steroid, at least for the time being. It's very androgenic and very anabolic. Although it's a 5-alpha-reduced steroid it converts to DHT through an unknown pathway, so using Proscar along with it won't avoid DHT conversion. Its anabolic/androgenic ratio (~(1.5-2):1) is slightly higher than that of test (1:1). Be wary while using this product if you value your hair.

As time goes on, certainly cleaner, anabolic agents will be developed. The vast majority of users I talked to, have been on Prpecia/Proscar and Nizoral, myself included (amongst many other things).

Finally, take into account that you should also use topical spironolactone (2-5%) while juicing. This product directly antagonizes scalp ARs when used topically, hence it will be useful with any sort of steroid, even those that do not undergo 5-alpha-reduction.

Conclusion: The safety stack as far as hairloss is concerned would be a cycle consisting of Primobolan, Oxandrolone and Deca. Take into account that Deca, although being very mild for your hair, is not nearly as safe as oxandrolone and primobolan as far as HPTA supression and gynecomastia is concerned. If you want to play it completely safe when using steroid and avoid jeopardizing your health (and not only your hair) use cycles consisting of Oxandrolone and Primobolan."

First Timer 42, I’ve heard of the hair loss side popping up much sooner than months post cycle. I thought 5 weeks in would be plenty of time especially if predisposed for it.
    Also, sounds like a great idea but leaves me wondering how exactly does your “calculation” work on this risk?
    Just what I´ve picked up...of course I have no experience.
    But the common denominator here is what u said, "predisposed". Then on the first onset of elevated DHT, you may experience thinning. But the hairsack is harder to kill. There you have 3 roots. One hair strand dies or your GF rips it out during sex, the next strand is ready to grow out, and so on. That´s why laser removal takes 5-10 sessions. That hair sack is persistent, and is why most often u see hair lost after/on cycle will regrow when DHT is back within limits.

Calculated risk?...I´m just not predisposed, 42 and still full head of hair, low gear amount (420 Cyp/week), will use Nizoral, and Arimidex

Quote Originally Posted by Redial View Post
    Hmm, I must say I can't say I'm sure about this, but I have understood that test converts in the end always way or another, either DHT or Estrogen. Taking propecia inhibits DHT conversion, and therefore estrogen levels usually raise big time, causing gyno, puffy outlook, fat gain etc. So in the other hand if estrogen aromatization is inhibited, I think DHT levels will go higher instead. I can be wrong though!

That's just thinking, I don't know the exact explanation but it's for sure that it caused hairloss to me and that was permanent, that lost hair has not came back since.
    If you put aromasin and hairloss in google, you will find a lot of topics about that too.

Usually when gear attacks your hair, scalp gets itchy and inflamed feeling.

But we need to remember there is two kinds of hairloss, temporary acute hairloss when some new drug is effecting in our body or we are going trough major stress etc., that hair will come back. In the other hand there is MPB genetics hairloss, which kills the hair follicle and is permanent.

Maybe your body is just reacting for the high anabolic effect, and dropping the old hairs because of that. Hopefully.

p.s. Don't touch propecia.
    Hmm I see your logic. DHT is a competitive antagonist to estrogen, so it would make sense to me too that it would work the other way around. Id love to hear some of the vets opinions on this like swifto or marcus. Hopefully it is just temporary, I don't know anything about nizorol but I will do some research and maybe give it a shot. Thanks for the info and thoughts bro.

Good read from www.

Primobolan - One of the less androgenic steroids . If you are concerned about hairloss this steroid is for you. It's much more anabolic than it is androgenic.

Oxandrolone (Anavar ) - It's the safest steroid for your hair along with Primobolan and Deca .
    That is a good info package, but I claim that there is some major errors in that information. Everyone is free to google up Primobolan, I think there is no other single AAS that has so much negative feedback about hairloss as Primo.
    It's said to "KILL YOUR HAIRLINE" and big time. Positive feedback however is very hard to find.

I would be on Primobolan cycle all the time if it would be as easy to the hair as listed, but I don't dare to do that as lots of people say that Primo can actually make MPB prone person completely BALD in just 1-2 cycles. :-X

Things are not so simple, it's not too androgenic and neither is Anavar, still both of these are often reported to be VERY bad for hair if you have MPB. It can have something to do with the fact those are dht derivated, or maybe the chemical is just that type that hair reacts with it.

Problem in web forums is, that people who have no MPB genetics, are writing how safe something is or isn't. If you are not prone to MPB, you can pin yourself full of what ever AAS you like and still have hair.
    Last edited by Redial; 03-03-2011 at 04:00 PM.

I don't know anything about nizorol but I will do some research and maybe give it a shot.
    Definitely give it a go. It's an anti-fungus / anti-seborrea shampoo from pharmacy shop, and it reduces androgens in your sculp too. Very popular choice combating against hairloss.

I have definitely heard the same about Primobolan being horrible on the hair. This is what I mean about all the contradictory and basically just having to hope for the best.

Redial, do you actually see many others complain about the hair loss SE on Anavar ? I think it’s much more rare to hear. Were you using an AI at the same time? Maybe that was more the reason for the thinning???

I have definitely heard the same about Primobolan being horrible on the hair. This is what I mean about all the contradictory and basically just having to hope for the best.

Redial, do you actually see many others complain about the hair loss SE on Anavar? I think it’s much more rare to hear. Were you using an AI at the same time? Maybe that was more the reason for the thinning???
    Mostly I have read in differenet websites that Anavar causes similar hairloss in some as Winny does, I mean temporary aggressive hairloss but which will grow back. However, for me that was not the case, and it was not just me it was few of my friends as well who didn't have any hairloss problems before that, even with test. I was not using any AI at that point, ONLY anavar 50mg/d and it was lab tested to be 100% anavar.

If I should name one most hairloss-safe roid after reading thousands of articles and websites, I'd say Deca , and Tbol. As specially tbol is one that I have never found negative feedback about hairloss.

slimshady01 is offline Senior Member
    only thing that sucks is with Deca you need test and tbol it helps to.

SMcB is offline Associate Member
    What a coincidence, I just cut my cycle short at 6 weeks. Been running test cyp at only 300 mgs./week. Wanted to see how I would react to a low dose before considering raising the dosage. Unfortunately, I noticed an increase in shedding during the 5th week. Had a couple of days during the week where the shedding was REALLY BAD. So I freaked out and stopped after the 6th weekly injection. Wasn't planning on cutting my cycle so short, but I also didn't realize that such a low dose of test would have an impact on my hair.

slimshady01 is offline Senior Member
    i juyst finished my firs test cycle.. Used minox and nizoral and didnt see any more shed during the cycle. Now im on PCT and i swear my scalp is itching.. starting to get a little nervous but it may be in my head.

Quote Originally Posted by slimshady01 View Post
    i juyst finished my firs test cycle.. Used minox and nizoral and didnt see any more shed during the cycle. Now im on PCT and i swear my scalp is itching.. starting to get a little nervous but it may be in my head.
    Do you have an receding hairline / mpb before your test cycle? if not, I doubt the test cycle did any harm. Just put some nizoral in the scalp.

Quote Originally Posted by delta1111 View Post
    A lot of people have described their hair regrowth from Rogain as being like "peach fuzz". Have you or your friends experienced this? or would you say the new hair is the same as your normal hair?
    I would most deff say it was the same as all my other hair.

Honkey_Kong is online now Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    You could check out the Bosley Medical Center and see what they think is the best course of action. They do some real good transplants too.

Thread Information