Thread: Bulking

Xa88 is offline New Member

Post Bulking

Hey guys

that has been several weeks I think about starting my first cycle. I bodybuild for 6 years but have never been able to increase my weight above 144 lbs (my actual weight). I'm 6 feet 2 inches. Some will say my diet is wrong but I did try everything and been followed by a diet doctor. The endocrinologist says it can be genetical which I believe is true because my mother and grandma were also hypothyroid and thin (usually you tend to be fat when hypothyroidic but I'm on the 5% of people reacting the other way around).

So I have been to the cardiologist, my heart is okay. Been to the endocrinologist and have been diagnosed as slightly hypothyroidic (I have to take 37 µg of Thyroxine per day). Been gaining 2 lbs since I started Thyroxine.

After some researches here, I'd like to start a cycle of 8 weeks:

- decadurabolin: 200 mg/week
    - propionate : 200 mg/week
    - 300 g of proteins / day
    - workout 4 days a week, maybe I could add one more day?

As I'm clearly looking for building mass, is it good cycle or should I switch to another testo? I'm around 8% fat

38jumper38 is offline Senior Member
    You my want to do just test for the first cycle, follow by PCT.

awms is offline Senior Member
    400-500mg of test stand alone is fine and mabey if you want to add in an oral like dbol as a kick start that is ok.

To be honest though you will have a hard time keeping size post pct if you natural body weight is already very low. Your body can only hold onto so much size so unless your taking in mass amounts of cals you arnt going to hold onto alot. make sure you are eating like a monster during and post pct!

Maybe you can post your diet, just a little change can make the difference.

By just test standalone, do you mean testosterone suspension , the one with no esther?

I considered using it but then read it's awful about hair loss, which I already suffer from

Flacco is offline Member
    He means a testosterone like Enanthate , Cypionate , Sustanon , or Propionate . 400-500 mg a week should leave you more than satisfied with gains as long as you're eating correctly. If you have the prop already, I might suggest cutting the cycle length in half to 4 weeks and running 400 mg a week instead of 200. Personally, I've had good results with "burst cycles" (I think they're called). I used a larger dose of Test for a much shorter period of time. 200 mg of Prop is Low even for your weight. Shooting Prop every other day would be a pain in the ass to measure out such a small dose. I would go with Cyp or Enanthate for your first cycle. It is recommended to only use one compound for your first cycle. This way, if you encounter any bad side effects, at least you know what compound you have bad reactions to. Research Post Cycle Therapy ... without it, doing a cycle is a waste of time, energy, and money. Save the Deca . You'll be more than happy with the Test if you plan it right.

hankdiesel is offline Knowledgeable Member
    "After some research". You must of done less than 5 minutes because I'm sure no one on this site recomended that for a first cycle. Please list in detail what your average daily diet consists of. I'm sure we'd all love to help but I just have a very hard time believing you can't get your weight above that naturaly at your height. List your daily food intake and possibly prove me wrong.

bobsappfan is offline Associate Member
    You bodybuild for 6 years and your only 144 pounds at 8% bodyfat?
    You said your going to eat
    300g protein daily
    ? Carbs daily
    ? Fat daily

At 6'2 144 pounds 8% bodyfat there's something missing from your diet, you probs are not eating enough

Your diet may be good but if your not putting on size then you need to eat more,
    Use high carb protein shakes
    And sneak in some high calorie food with your meals

Far from massive is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I agree you need to honestly look at your current diet and determine how much food you are consuming. If you are not eating enough you will not gain either on or off the steroids . And if you are unable to eat enough now I doubt that taking steroids will allow you to eat significantly more.

Honkey_Kong is online now Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    OP, I think the general consensus is you're not eating enough food. This might be against what some people would recommend here, but you should start pounding down the McDonalds burgers and fries. You like KFC? Get some chicken and those potato wedges and mac and cheese. The key is to pig out and gain some weight. In your case, I don't think you have to worry too much about getting fat. And by the way, you don't build muscles in the gym. You build them in the kitchen!

**I'm not trying to knock lifting weights, I'm just emphasizing how diet is most important.
    Last edited by Honkey_Kong; 03-05-2011 at 02:00 AM.

smashingbox is offline Associate Member
    Mate try what I used to do: 400ml milk full cream, 60g oats, 2 tblspns peanut butter, 3 scoops ice cream, 1 tblspn glutamine, 40g protein... Right before bed, sleep 8 hrs. You'll gain.

Quote Originally Posted by Far from massive View Post
    I agree you need to honestly look at your current diet and determine how much food you are consuming. If you are not eating enough you will not gain either on or off the steroids. And if you are unable to eat enough now I doubt that taking steroids will allow you to eat significantly more.
    i 2nd this...if you dont eat a ton of food while on aas,you are wasting your time.....you be big,you must eat big,with or without aas,good luck

9AM: 3 slices of half-dark bread with chocolate butter + gainer 30g/300ml milk full cream + 40g oat flakes
    12PM: full meal (carbs, vegetables, 150g meat) + coke + dessert
    4PM before workout: 150g pasta + brown sugar + small spoon of butter
    7PM after workout: full meal (no dessert)
    11PM: 4 slices of half-dark bread + chocolate butter + gainer 30g/400 ml full cream

To me I think you could be eating more, start counting your calories and aim for 3500 cal

Also do you have a very active job because u could be overtraining?

Quote Originally Posted by Xa88 View Post
    9AM: 3 slices of half-dark bread with chocolate butter + gainer 30g/300ml milk full cream + 40g oat flakes
    11PM: 4 slices of half-dark bread + chocolate butter + gainer 30g/400 ml full cream
    looks good,i would add a least a cup of steel rolles oats to every protein shake i drank,you can gain a lot of weight and add alot more good carbs and protein to your diet using this as well,thats what i still do,...

Cappone > No, ass on a chair job (IT). But maybe I was overtraining at gym? 2 hours 5 days a week (no chatting and pushing to the limits)

Now I train less, not more than 1 hour per session, 4 times a week + hard swimming for 30-40 min once a week (yeah I know it's bad for bulking)

I'll try to eat more..

Bullseye > do you have to cook steel cut oats or do you simply drop them in the shake, not too hard to digest?

Cappone > No, ass on a chair job (IT). But maybe I was overtraining at gym? 2 hours 5 days a week (no chatting and pushing to the limits)

Now I train less, not more than 1 hour per session, 4 times a week + hard swimming for 30-40 min once a week (yeah I know it's bad for bulking)

I'll try to eat more..

Bullseye > do you have to cook steel cut oats or do you simply drop them in the shake, not too hard to digest?
    i just drop them in my shaker cup and mix it up,but i have to shake it up every sip that i take,cause the oats go to the bottom,or if you have a food processor,you could disolve them in that,usually i mix mine up,and let it set for a while and the oats gets softer alot easier to shallow....

I'll try to eat more..

i just drop them in my shaker cup and mix it up,but i have to shake it up every sip that i take,cause the oats go to the bottom,or if you have a food processor,you could disolve them in that,usually i mix mine up,and let it set for a while and the oats gets softer alot easier to swallow

6 AM, eggs (7), cup of oatmeal
    12PM: full meal (carbs, vegetables, 150g meat) + coke + dessert Ditch the coke and dessert
    4PM before workout: 150g pasta + brown sugar + small spoon of butter Add an 8 ounce skinless boneless chicken breast
    7PM after workout: full meal (no dessert) What is the meat?
    Honestly, dude, not NEAR enough hard proteins in that diet. IMPORTANT-----> You should be eating 2 pounds of boneless, skinless chicken breast daily, split it into 4 meals of 8 ounces apiece. 7 eggs in the morning. Cottage cheese and almonds before bed. Add a whey protein shake (make it 40 or 50 grams of protein) immediately after your workout.

Resist the temptation to add crap to your diet. It is clear you are not getting enough high quality protein. Add it and see how it goes over the next couple of weeks.

A lunch could be an 8 ounce chicken breast, rice, and a salad made with spinach leaves. Remember, you need to be eating four of the meals with chicken (occasionally substituting more expensive salmon or steak if you want), which means basically two lunches and two dinners. PLUS a good breakfast (eggs and oatmeal).

Change your diet, and you will change your results. You are not going to grow muscle on bread and chocolate butter. That is just crap. Muscles need protein, and you are starving them.

Far from massive is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Agreed ^^^ with your fast metabolism you need to stay clear of any sugars with the possible exception of combining some with your PWO shake. I hate reading diets that are stuffed with powders and shakes, you need solid protein sources and slow acting carbs. Also as noted above fats from good sources almonds, fish oils, etc will be very beneficial, with you current metabolism I also would include some home made hamburgers (or lean steak if you can afford it), by hamburger I mean ground beef on bread (Exekial bread would be best) with some mustard and/or lettuce/tomato not some crap from McDonalds or RedRobin etc. While bread other than exekial, be it whole grain or other is not clean its not the end of the world either and the same goes for the mustard its such a small amount its not a significant contributer. Many respond very well to red meat and as long as you get a good grade and drain the oil when cooking its not as bad as most feel and certainly not a problem for someone who is trying to gain wieght.

No I am not a rancher from Texas LOL

You need to try this:

Meal 1: Pro/Carb
    8 Egg Whites, 1 Scoop Of Whey Protein, 1 cup oatmeal
    50g protein / 54g carbs / 5g fat

Meal 2: Pro/Fat
    Lean Ground Beef, ¼ cup swiss cheese, green veggies
    55g protein / 2g carbs / 20g fat

Meal 3: Pro/Carb
    Chicken Breast, 1 and a half cup Brown Rice
    55g protein / 64g carbs / 3g Fat
    **Disclaimer: Meal 3 can be a pro/fat meal if you are ultra sensitive to carb intake.

Meal 4: Pro/Fat
    2 Cans of Tuna, 1 Tbsp Full Fat Mayonnaise, Veggies
    60g protein / 2g carbs / 13g Fat

Workout
    Meal 5: PWO Nutrition
    2 Scoops Whey Protein / 80g of Dextrose
    40g protein / 80g carbs / 0g fat

Meal 6: PPWO
    Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast, ½ cup Brown Rice (Measured Uncooked)
    50g protein / 70g carbs / 3g fat

Meal 7: Pro/Fat
    Lean Protein of your choice, 2 Tbsp Natural Peanut Butter
    50g protein / 5g carbs / 18g fat

Meal 8: Before Bed
    3 Scoops of Whey Protein, 1.5 Tbsp. Flax Seed Oil
    60g protein / 3g carbs / 21g Fat
    or 2 scoop casein

You need to eat every 2,5 or 3 hours, can't pass 3 hours.
    start eating early like this:
    1 meal at 8:00 am
    2 meal at 11:00 am
    3 meal at 2:00pm
    4 meal at 5:00 pm
    5 meal at 8:00 pm
    6 meal at 11:00 pm
    You have eating some off your meal every 4 hours, You can't do that.

kbm12345 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 38jumper38 View Post
    You need to eat every 2,5 or 3 hours, can't pass 3 hours.
    start eating early like this:
    1 meal at 8:00 am
    2 meal at 11:00 am
    3 meal at 2:00pm
    4 meal at 5:00 pm
    5 meal at 8:00 pm
    6 meal at 11:00 pm
    You have eating some off your meal every 4 hours, You can't do that.
    Why cant you eat every 4 hours? I doubt meal 1+2+3 would even be half way digested if you waited 4 hours to eat another meal. This broscience never gets old.

Eat whenever you want during the day, just make sure you hit your daily macros.

auslifta is offline Retired MONITOR
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullseye Forever View Post
    looks good,i would add a least a cup of steel rolles oats to every protein shake i drank,you can gain a lot of weight and add alot more good carbs and protein to your diet using this as well,thats what i still do,...
    You have to be kidding looks good? That diet he posted sucked. Chocolate butter? coke? dessert? butter? bread? brown sugar? That was one of the worst diets I've seen, and he thinks a "diet doctor" suggested it. Give me a break.

Honkey_Kong is online now Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Quote Originally Posted by auslifta View Post
    You have to be kidding looks good? That diet he posted sucked. Chocolate butter? coke? dessert? butter? bread? brown sugar? That was one of the worst diets I've seen, and he thinks a "diet doctor" suggested it. Give me a break.
    I don't think Coke, Chocolate, brown sugar, etc is necessarily all that bad. He's not getting the required amount of protein and calories to grow though. And if he's drinking soda, he needs to drink even more water.

cro
    cro is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    exactly. have you talkeed to a doctor about your weight?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentaycappone View Post
    You bodybuild for 6 years and your only 144 pounds at 8% bodyfat?
    You said your going to eat
    300g protein daily
    ? Carbs daily
    ? Fat daily

At 6'2 144 pounds 8% bodyfat there's something missing from your diet, you probs are not eating enough

Xa88, you need to get into the Diet forum on this web site. You have a lot of natural growing to do, and you will see results withing weeks from changing your diet.

Thread Information